Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Japanese Hishakaku Kamisori Western Style
Strop Kanayama #8000
Brush Simpson M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Nanny's Cedarwood & Vetyver
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux Edt

Beautiful super smooth two pass shave, a new soap as also appeared, Cedarwood & Vetyver one of my favourite scents great performance.

fotoflexer_photo-6.jpg

joe mcclaine said:
Thursday
Gillette Blue II Slalom
Noxzema foam

Up since 1am with toothache so needed something to wake me up.
Ouch, if you can't get a dentist to sort it for a few days, try sensodyne rapid relief it will fill in the hole and stop the :icon_eek:....hope you get it sorted soon ;-)

Thursday:

LEA Stick
Vulfix 660
Aristocrat Junior
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (2)
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Decent shave except I somehow managed to nick my lip. I thought it was never going to stop bleeding!

Thursday

Gillette Fusion Proglide Gold (11)
Proraso White Foam
Body Shop tea tree Toner

All in the shower quick and simple, got 12 proglide carts for £25, so £1.08 a week. The new formula proraso is good stuff, I found it much better than noxzema It's thick enough for a good DE shave as well.

Don't get caught out though, the new white I would say is similar to the old red. The new red is sandlewood and shea butter and seems on my hand more moisturising.

You could do worse than having some of this in the den on standby.

k03793.jpg

Pre Prep + Jabonman Marsella + Omega 81052 + Weber Bulldog with Gillette New and Iridium Super + Aqua Velva splash with Proraso balm

A superb shave, although I did too many passes because of my confidence in this marvellous soap and I paid it with some nicks... but easily fixed with som alum stone, hehe

Cheers!

Afternoon, all.

Thursday:

Cardi shave day 6

Prep: Gillette facewash
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Super max Blue Diamond (6)
Brush: Wilko cheapie
Shave soap: La Toja stick (bought for me by my wife when she went to Madrid on a business trip - it cost a couple of Euros)
A/S: none
Cologne: Addiction "Gold" £1.49 from Savers.

Again, a pretty effective shave. Here's the blurb for the cologne:
A warm and sensual fragrance blending beautiful freshness of mandarin with warmth of nutmeg & cardamom and the sensuality of amber & woody notes.
It's lasting quite well, but it's a bit on the sweet side of spicy for me. Still, not awful.

Greetings

Thursday 22nd November 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Junior (baton handle)
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Cream: La Toja Sensitive
Aftershave: La Toja Balm

Back from my trip to Fuerteventura where this year the weather has been a little mixed, but still warm.

I had a scout around the major supermarkets one day and came back with these. I was unable to find a La Toja stick in any of the supermarkets despite there being a La Toja stand in one of them displaying every other item in the La Toja line!

Regards
Dick.

Attachments

• DSC03665.jpg
    DSC03665.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 23
Now that looks like a very classy gear set. Loving the Weber, was looking at this myself a few days ago.

Lose the beard said:
Wednesday Afternoon

Having had a busy morning and not shaving, just by luck the postie arrived and delivered my new Weber razor. Time for a shower and a shave before dinner.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Floris JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Weber Polished Head and Wave handle
Blade: Personna Red
A/S: Floris JF

A brilliant shave, I like the wave handle, and I think the polished head glides better than the ARC head of my other Weber.
I'm pleased with this razor, I will probably use this one quite a lot.

IMG_0093.jpg

Today's Shave doubled as a travel kit trial

Prep : Hot shower with Nivea Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
Soap: La Toja soap stick
Brush: Omega 31064 Boar
Razor: Merkur 46C Travel Razor
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (second shave)

Conclusion: First shave with stick and brush - worked well and will get better. Shave good and feeling lovely and fresh. No nicks, cuts or other miscellaneous blemishes. Jaw line still not as smooth as I would wish, but improving.

All in all travel kit looking good for a week on the road

Jon

Thursday 11-22-12. MUSIC: Johnny Cash Live from Austin, TX (1987).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2h_elvIYXI&feature=relmfu[/video]

Afeitado_2012-11-22-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Truefitt & Hill 1805 - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Korres - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Thursday

I am off work and experimenting so I thought I would see what sort of combination the R41 would be with a Feather. Wow, that is some impressive shaving weapon. I had to get the Bay Rum out afterwards as soothing was required. No way an Aftershave was going on my face, I'd have been running around the house screaming like a banshee. :)

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Feather
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum.

IMG_0094.jpg

Back
Top Bottom