cheers to pete for the yellows!

Shower, cold splash
Proraso pre-post
Speick cream
M&F blonde badger
Feather AC SS/GEM OCMM
Speick AS
Speick ASB

Going to Oirland for a couple of days, so needed an extra clean shave (only hand luggage, ergo). Speick delivered as usual, and OCMM is definitely one of the finest shavers out there (so is the Feather, but I wouldn't attempt a full shave with Pro blade yet).

Tuesday 9th October

Hot shower and facial scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post Shave cream
Sanguine Tribal Coolblade Shavette/Lord Platinum Class Blade
Frank Shaving Synthetic in Rosewood
Nanny's Ice & a Slice Soap
Alum Block
Unrefined Shea Butter
TBS Kistna EDT
Dax Super Neat

Three pass BBS

Tuesaday Morning

Still working my way through the Chinese pif blades. Second pass with the Ming Shi Super White this morning. I had intended to change the blade before this shave but didn't get round to it yesterday.
Not a bad shave, but that's it for this blade, getting a bit dull now.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap : Cella
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Ming Shi Super White.
A/S: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Creed Santal

Greetings

Tuesday 9th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: ER 1924 'Shovelhead'
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Füme Lavender
Aftershave: Dove Sensitive Balm

Second shave with the 1924, I used a new blade and took it steady and have achieved a perfect bbs finish. This razor is certainly aggressive but not in a 'face ripping/mole cutting /scouring way', if that makes any sense at all?

I find it hard to tell whether I get a better shave from the more aggressive SE razors or not; probably as I shave every day and always do three passes, but in any event, this was a superb and comfortable shave.

Regards
Dick

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite #74 badger
'Webly'/Iridium
RL Safari SS
RL Safari AS Relief Balm
RL 'Safari' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ever Ready #74 002 (Small).jpg
    Ever Ready #74 002 (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 7
Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Otto Busch Worldmaster
Brush Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Cream Simpsons
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie

First class shave very enjoyable.

SOTD0020-1-1.jpg

After a hot shower with the thoroughly excellent MWF bar soap:

A bit of an Israeli adventure...

EJ DE87 with a single shim and a Viking Sword blade (Made in the Israeli Personna factory)
EJ super badger super shedder (Brother, I want my 404 bodger back!)
MEM Olive shaving cream (Made in Israel)
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS
Witch hazel
Astral cream

Don't find the blade that great although I'm no experienced judge of uch matters, it certainly wasn't as good as the Astra in the same razor. Not as sharp and felt a tad tuggy.

The brush keeps shedding at an alarming rate with hairs in the lather and getting stuck on my razor.

Cream is an alarming shade of green when first squeezed but doesn't stain and goes on to create a thick, luscious lather with great skincare. I'd happily shave with this regularly although I used too much product and had sufficient lather to shave the street!

Superdrug AS stung like billy-o but quickly calmed down although it left patches of red. This could have been to do with the blade or technique but the AS it would seem, is the main culprit. Not a patch on 'THE RUM' so will save my £2.50 towards that instead. Needed to put the witch hazel on to calm things down a bit afterwards.

Astral cream might be for the ladies (pinched this off SWMBO) but its great stuff for the money and works an absolute treat without making me smell like a tart's handbag. Contains Lanolin which my skin seems to like. Tried a few soothers/moisturises/ASB's over the years but there's nowt like this for me. Although it may be considered a bit, "Hello Sailor!"

Changed my routine today, as our bathroom is at last (almost) finished. 9 weeks late!

Anyway, funny one as I usually shave in the evening but am out for drinks and dinner with clients tonight, and still need to be smart for meetings tomorrow. Don't want to shave drunk tonight, or hung over tomorrow. So I shaved this afternoon after a run. I know that people like to shower then shave, but I just came in and washed my face, had a two pass shave then jumped in the shower. All worked really well.

Razor: Merkur HD 34C
Blade: Treet
Cream: TOBS Lemon and Lime
Brush: Traditional Shaving Company Best Badger
After Shave: TOBS Shaving Shop

Washed faced with soap and hot water
2 pass shave (straight down then against the grain) and a little tidy around my goatee
Re lathered with what was left and left it on while I cleaned up
Jumped in the shower for a seriously hot shower, finished off with a really cold blast
Splashed on the after shave

Job done, and it'll be good enough to get me though to late afternoon tomorrow.

Tuesday 10-09-12. MUSIC: Roxy Music_LP For Your Pleasure (1973).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gD9FnB2G94[/video]

Afeitado_2012-10-09-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC 2 bands - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN - Vintage Williams with lanolin shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Aqua Velva.

Prep - Hot Towel, Simpson's Shave Cream
Razor - Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra S/S
Brush - Duke 3
Soap – Vitos Extra Super (Cocco)
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Musgo Real

1st time with the Vitos....what a delight!!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 14
Razors: Nowill & sons + GEM Junior (for head)
Soap: Tabac
AS: Victorian Lime + Tiger AS
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This Nowill razor turned out to be a shaver as well as a locker (I think), lovely ivory scales and very little wear over all and a super smooth Sheffield edge :D
0071024x754.jpg

Proraso Pre
Musgo Real Shave Cream
EJ89 Head+Goodfella Handle
Vie-Long Horse
Astra sp
Witch Hazel Gel.
4711 EDT

Nice smooth shave .The Musgo was very nice and worked very well with the new
to me Astra sp Blade.Not sure about the head handle combo the Goodfella handle
is very small. Pity beacuse it is very well made.

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 14
Razors: Nowill & sons + GEM Junior (for head)
Soap: Tabac
AS: Victorian Lime + Tiger AS
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This Nowill razor turned out to be a shaver as well as a locker (I think), lovely ivory scales and very little wear over all and a super smooth Sheffield edge :D
0071024x754.jpg
Gorgeous razor and brush!

Prep - Shower and Nivea Deep Cleansing face wash
Razor - British Gillette Aristocrat No.21
Blade - Shark S/S
Brush - EJ Super Badger
Soap – Proraso (Sensitive)
Cold Rinse and Alum, followed by Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S

This is only the third time I've used this razor, each time with different blades (Derby and Astra SP) Every time it's given me a BBS and is a joy to use. I think I'll go back to the Astras through, as they seem to be the best all-rounders to suit my other razors.

Tuesday evening.

Prep - Nanny's lavender bath soap
Razor - Muhle 89
Blade - Iridium
Soap - Karl Kabinett grated in a bowl
AS - SD Forrest Fresh

First time with the Karl Kabinett, it comes in a 500gram block, lathers easily, light pleasant rose fragrance. Scent wise vast improvement over Arko.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom