SOTD 6th-12th Oct

Sunday

Gillette Slim (65) with 7 o'clock yellow
EJ pure badger
La Toja cream
Baylis & Harding asb

first outing with the slim since Antdad took a look at it and sorted out an alignment problem. Nice smooth shave.

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor" in ivory
Neep Jubilee
Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

I'd just like to publicly thank the person that came up with Original Source Eucalyptus shower gel. I can actually almost breathe through my right nostril again. Shave was good too!

SUNDAY EVENING

Ikon OSS
Bolzano (1)
Neep Coral Soapstone
GFT coconut shave cream - scuttle lathered
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

For me, this razor\blade combo work very well together. It's ironic that my cheapest Ikon is probably my best shaving one.

So, all in all a very nice shave tonight. The GFT cream is worthy of the many plaudits that get chucked at it. It lathers like a demon!

Sunday Evening.

Bath... tried using TOBS lime shower gel in the bath... I prefer soap... followed by
eShave lime pre-shave oil.
Vulfix lime shaving soap
NF Tubby 1 two band
Merkur CC head with JEC handle
Polsilver stainless blade
TOBS 74 Victorian Lime aftershave splash

Nearly perfect shave... nearly. A touch too much irritation - it's still down to my technique.

Prep: Nivea Face Scrub
Razor: English HD Rocket
Blade: 7 O'Clock Yellow #2
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 Best
Soap: Proraso Menthol (Old Formula)
After: Proraso Post Cream (Old,Formula), Witch Hazel Gel

Lovely shave, so much better now i've got a good face lathering brush :)

Monday Morning

Still working my way through the Chinese pif blades. New blade this morning. It felt a little tuggy initially but got better. A good smooth shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap : Floris JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Ming Shi Super White.
A/S: Floris JF

A lovely BBS Shave this morning, this is has been a really nice blade, sharp and smooth. I don't think I'm going to get another shave from it though, it's just starting to dull.

08OCT2012.jpg

Monday

Gillette Sensor Excel
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Mama Bear's Unscented Soap

So tired and blurry-eyed this morning that picking up the Feather AC would have been a mistake.

No need to for any A/S after the MB's soap.

Vinny - Nothing doing in Buxton. Went in Clowes Chemists, but nothing new or interesting. Managed to resist looking in the tabacconists.

Ian

Great photos on here thanks chaps!!

Super Nacet NOS
Proraso white tub.

A cream my parents gave me that is really hydrating I cannot remember the name of but will look later.

My Dad id in da house too and he's using Merkur 1904 CC with a feather.

All good

Yrs Slackbladder

No shave yesterday but after a nice, refreshing shower with MWF bar soap:

Vintage 7 O'Clock New style with one shim and an Astra Superior Platinum
EJ Super Badger brush medium
Trumper's violet SS
Barberbershop Bay Rum after a cold water rinse
Astral cream

Result was a lovely smooth irritation free shave and like the EJ DE87, a single shim seems to have woken up the 'Seven'. Redemption for these blades as I was previously unhappy with the muckle great gobs of glue on them. However this was more of a problem in my Rocket HD where they really stuck the doors closed if I put them that way round. No such trouble in the 3 piece. Lovely violet soap.

Greetings

Monday 8th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: ER 1924 'Shovelhead'
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Saving Factory Med.
Soap: Palmolive Stick and Palmolive Cream + Glycerin
Aftershave: Dove Sensitive balm

First time using this model and the very first impression is it is very aggressive, IMHO a good deal more so than an OCMM. I certainly needed to take it steady but no nicks and no weepers, not the closest of shaves though, even with three passes. This may have been due to the blade which seems to have prematurely dulled, probably because of my inept attempts at hand stropping it, I think I sometimes make a blade worse rather than better!

I need to try this razor several more times to form a concrete conclusion but what is already very obvious is that it is very 'fierce'.

Regards
Dick.

Monday morning

Pre-shave soap: Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Brush: Butterscotch Duke 3
Blade: SuperMax plat #1
Razors: 6/8 Dovo "Best Quality" straight razor / Slim adjustable
Post: Cold rinse, Alum (for a couple of nicks), DR Harris Arlington milk
EdT: 1870

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch #74 Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Iridium
Klar Kabinett SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

Great shave with this set up, especially after using the much more aggressive Big Fellow the last few days. Soooo easy and comfortable.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom