SOTD 6th-12th Oct

Kent soap
Vulfix bodger
EJDE89L, Perma-sharp Super
Barbershop Bay Rum

1st time with this blade. Little uncomfortable on the neck, evidenced by a little minor irritation in the odd place. Nothing major, but think I may leave it 48 hours and see how the next shave with it is after a little more recovery time than normal.

Monday 10-08-12. MUSIC: Placebo_LP Black Market Music (2000).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOmyNL5c3w&feature=related[/video]

Afeitado_2012-10-083-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC 2 bands - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Shark #3 - Pre JASÖN - Musgo Real shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Clarins Men.

prep: hot shower
soap : L,occitane
brush: EJ
Razor: R 41
Blade: Derby
A/s : L,occitane balm

Used the " rake " for second time, and just one small nick.
But lovely BBS shave, in three passes.

Cheers !
Arie

Monday 8th October

Hot Shower and Facial scrub
Proraso Pre/Post shave cream
Fatip Piccolo/IP
Semogue SOC Boar in Ash
P 160
Alum block
Unrefined Shea Butter
TBS White Musk for Men EDT
Dax Short & Neat

Three pass BBS

Bluebeard's Revenge shaving cream
Gillette Red Tip Super Speed with Permasharp stainless (second shave) and Polsilver stainless (also second shave)
Boots Freshwood a/s lotion

When I first started DE shaving this was the first proper shaving cream I used. I loved the performance from such a small amount of cream and the gorgeous clean scent. These days I find the scent clean but very mild but it's still a great performer.
I'm finding the Red Tip slices through thick wiry stubble easily but a really close shave so far has removed elusive. Now that I am throwing alcohol-based aftershave all over my chops that's probably no bad thing!

Monday

I'm starting to get what I set out to achieve switching to DE.

Muhle R89
Perma Sharp (1)
Semogue OC
Palmolive Soap sliced into a bowl
Sudocrem
Nivea Cream

Nice, simple and smooth. This Palmolive is good stuff and since trying it again nothing else had had a looking, 1 pass would of sufficed after 3 days growth but I stopped at 2 passes for a great finish.

I could just live with this set up, might see how to the rest of the week goes minus sudocrem.

I don't think MWF and I are going to get on. Will lather the inside of my arm or something and see. I'd better check out my only other lanolin soap - Lea stick - as well. There may well be a few more bits on BST before the week's out...

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Filarmonica 14 Especial, just under 7/8"
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 in best
Soap: Tabac stick
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

One of the few honed straights with which I would attempt three days' growth - normally I'd have the ultra-sharp Feather out - and while the first pass tugged a little it did the job well and thoroughly.

Tuesday:

La Toja stick
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Jr
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2)
TOBS Shaving Shop AS
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Perfect shave, very very nice. BBS results.

Attachments

• SOTD.jpg
    SOTD.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 9
Tuesday

Feather AC SS
Feather Pro Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Musgo Real Shaving Cream

Managed to put a small nick in my chin, but other than that, not bad for the blade's 10th shave.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom