SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

I have spent quite a lot of today with a pocket mirror staring at my eyeball to check for damage...

I'm in no pain and there's no discharge, redness or visible damage (other than the skin nick), so I don't think there's an issue.

Scary though. I THINK I was going to clean up at the top of the cheek - my beard grows right up to the cheekbone - and just came in a touch high. Not entirely sure, as I did rather lose my train of thought as it came in and touched

Coates Lime RIP

At long last, I've finally used up one of my old Coates tubs. A good size PIF went to Moscow (I seem to have contacts in faraway places these days) but the rest went slowly. Three others left so I still have some time to enjoy these wonderful creams.

Bugger, close call for the Doc.

Monday:
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red pack
Semogue 830
D R Harris Almond soap
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Monday
TOBS Jeremyn Street jabon/Edwin Jagger DE86 with Astra/Semogue LE 2011/Alum/Caswell & Massey number 6 /Jojoba Oil
P1230297.jpg

Monday Night

Semogue 2000
Cadman Bengal 5/8 + Feather AS-D1
Iridium Super
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

I got my first nick with the straight tonight.Ouch!

Mark

Monday evening shave:

Simpson Tulip
Tabac soap
'60 Fatboy
Shark SC

Nice shave, started on 7 and ended up at 8... will probably be back to 9 again tomorrow.

Just finished:

Nivia facial wash
Personna Red (3rd shave)
EJ 87
EJ Black Badger
Muhle Bowl
Erasmic stick
Alum
Floid Blue (Lovely!)

Personna Red is now my favourite blade, they work equally well in my EJ87 and my Merkur 38C!
Still hardly dented my Floid Blue 400ml, but I have another full 400ml in the stash!

P

Monday

Unbranded German, NF2213, Boots cream, Alum, Old Spice Whitewater
21o6cft.jpg

3 days stubble wiped away with ease by this fantastic blade, no feedback from the alum and a very close shave indeed.​

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather AC-SS
Blade Feather Light
Brush Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum + Whitch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT.

Jamie.

A fine shave thanks to the feather AC-SS, todays shave as been given over to Piet Mondrian and a shave in the style of Mondrian.

IMG_0268-5-1.jpg

untitledx.png

Tuesday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Coconut Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

I intended using the Injector again this morning, but found myself reaching for the Feather.

Fortunately, I did NOT have an experience like Rick. Close one there, mate! Hope you're okay.

Ian

Tuesday:
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red pack
Semogue 830
Vintage Old Spice shaving stick
Vintage Old Spice afterhsave

*Long-shot, but if anyone has any (old) Old Spice shaving soap they don't want I'll take it of your hands.

Back
Top Bottom