SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

Gingerpose said:
Nameless blade (really, it is totally unmarked, so I have no idea who made it. Shame, as it performs admirably)

I'm guessing it's probably an Israeli made personna, sometimes known as a "medical prep" personna across the pond. I have a few boxes kicking around the house which were from a medical store, the Tesco own brand are the same blade. They're not bad at all.

Thursday:

T+H 1805 cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
T+H 1805 cologne

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chris (custom craft) two band finest
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: Provence Santè
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

004800x589.jpg

... and:
014800x624.jpg

Botanics face scrub
Feather AC-SS
Feather Light Blade
NF Tubby 1
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie.

What a fantastic shave from the Feather, two pass super smooth no touching up, the Vito's soap is a super soap so creamy and slick can't fault it.

001-2.jpg

Thursday morning
Started with a 1938 plus cc Gillette Tech with a Gillette super thin blade (vietnam) and was having a very poor shave. Just couldn't cut anything. Switched over to a Gillette New OC with the same blade and it made a world of difference. Really like older OC's better. Think they give a better shave and were constructed better than the post WW2 Gillette Techs.
N
Preshave: warm water
Razor: OC Gillette New
Blade: Gillette orange (Vietnam)
Soap: Cremo Cream
Brush: Horse
Aftershave: Masters Bay Rum

Rested the Old today in favour of the Ever Ready 1912 with a modern GEM coated SE blade and Vitos coconut and almond soaps lathered together.
I'd left a blade in it from the last shave and it was just about good enough for today's one (most stubble removed in one pass but couldn't get it very close under the chin).

I'm off work at the mo - my girlfriend is unwell and I'm looking after her, the housework, and taking the boy wonder to school (he's six and quite enjoys me taking him in and picking him up). It's given me a lot of time to practice how to lather and I'm getting there I think. Certainly today's result was a lot easier than Monday's

Re: RE: SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (4)
D.R.Harris almond soap
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's Coral skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

A tiny nick with the very last stroke of an otherwise perfect shave, caused by trying to reach too far over with the wrong hand. I LOVE the Feather.

Hot Towel Prep
Merkur 38B
Shark SC (5)
Proraso
Semogue 610
Floid Blue

Struggled a bit with the lather tonight, but 5th use of the Shark blade and still removing the growth with ease.

Back
Top Bottom