SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Spoiler (1981)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Creed 'Original Cologne'

Second very good shave with this old blade. Popped it in my go to razor this morning and the darn thing performed even better than when using the Stahly frankenrazor. This 30 year old relic is one I could use every day without a problem.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (3)
La Toja stick
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

Two face passes, three neck, clean and close and comfortable.

Wednesday:

An aborted start with Penhaligons hard soap... just not working yet, have to work that one out. So switched to:

Hot shower with 1805 bath soap
T+H 1805 cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green super stainless (1)
Alum
T+H 1805 cologne

Bowl lathered for a change, mm, creamy!

Body Shop Macca Root really is a superb cream. It's the only one they do, so it must be quite popular among general shavers. The rest of today's line up included a Jagger Chatsworth, a Rudy Vey/shavemac knot brush and T&H 1805 balm.

Wednesday

Semogue Owners Club Badger
Feather AS-D1
Iridium (2)
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Speick Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

I think I have found the perfect blade for my feather de.A lovely smooth and close shave.

Mark

Hot Towel Prep
Merkur 38B
Shark SC (4)
TOBS Jermyn Street Cream
Semogue 610
Floid Blue

Very good 3 pass shave again. I love the Jermyn Street, it performs as well as anything else I have tried so far but the scent is simply amazing and top of my list scent wise by a country mile. Without doubt, this will be a permanent fixture in my cream/soap rotation, in fact I already have a 2nd tub in reserve.

Also likely to be earning at least a semi permanent fixture is the Shark Super Chrome blades. 4th shave with this blade and still performing effortlessly.

Gillette Old with Gillette 365
Vitos coconut and almond (the two soaps mixed together)

Nice shave. These blades are not bad; not particularly sharp or aggressive and smooth enough. A decent workmanlike blade, good for the everyday shave.

I will come back to my second Polsilver blade soon. I'm expecting the fifth shave to be excellent.

Wednesday
O Melhor SC/Edwin Jagger DE86 with stra/Semogue LE brush444 Alum/444 balsam
P1230321.jpg

Wednesday, quick evening shave. Timed at dead on ten minutes from commencing loading the brush to finishing up. Not at all rushed either.

Almost the same setup as previous shave:

EJ de89 Barley
Nameless blade (really, it is totally unmarked, so I have no idea who made it. Shame, as it performs admirably)
Nanny's Lavender Hard Shaving Soap
New Forest 2207 brush

two passes, minor touch-ups.

Followed up with the worlds finest Bay Rum Aftershave (yes, it was a Sunbury Splash tonight!) and some Bulldog Sensitive ASB

Happy Face!

Wednesday
Allen & Son - Simpson 57 - BS Maca Root - Alum - Old Spice Whitewater
24vs1mb.jpg

Great shave, touched this one up on a crox strop and had the best shave from it ever. I'm liking crox a lot at the moment.​

Thursday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

I can't remember the last time I wore any cologne. I just hope that it doesn't affect my nose/sinuses in a negative way.

Still enjoying the Feather. There are still some parts of my face that are proving tricky, and sometimes that causes me to leak red stuff, but the results elsewhere are very impressive.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom