SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

Sunday

white proraso prepost
NF silvertip
MdC
Muhle R41 (old) + shark SC (3)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: very nice 3 pass shave. no irritation and smooth. lovely lather from the NF and MdC. Havent used a NF brush for a while - you forget how good they are.

Sunday:
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red pack
Semogue 830
Vintage Old Spice shaving stick
Vintage Old Spice aftershave

Eldest son's 20th birthday today so pub lunch after my sauna. He's never even bought his owd man a pint, can't see that changing any time soon.

Sunday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Coconut Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Just sold my "gigging" bass rig on eBay, so waiting for a chap to come and pick some of it up. Now off to carry a Marshall 4x10 speaker cabinet down the stairs!!

Ian

L'Occitane Vebena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
'Le Tuft' Chubby 1.5 Custom
Vito's Coconut & Almond soap
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie

Super smooth shave, I'm loving the Vito's soap 10/10, I needed a neck shave this moring so I entrusted my wife to use the Feather on my neck including the feather blade, and fair play she did a sterling job.

005.jpg

IanM said:
[ Now off to carry a Marshall 4x10 speaker cabinet down the stairs!!

Have fun with that. It brings back memories of me trying to 'quietly' manoeuvre a 4x12 Marshall cab back into my parents' house at 2am after gigs back in the late eighties. Good times.

Re: RE: SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

Francorelli said:
IanM said:

Have fun with that. It brings back memories of me trying to 'quietly' manoeuvre a 4x12 Marshall cab back into my parents' house at 2am after gigs back in the late eighties. Good times.

My 4x12's been out on loan for several years now - Ian will know to whom :). I really ought to sell my gigging rig too, several of its constituents won't even fit in my current car!

Dr Rick said:
Francorelli said:
IanM said:

My 4x12's been out on loan for several years now - Ian will know to whom :). I really ought to sell my gigging rig too, several of its constituents won't even fit in my current car!

Yeah, a little Vox combo does the job for me these days. And it means less visits to the chiropractor too :icon_smile:

Sunday

Simpson Colonel
Cadman Bengall 5/8 + Feather AS-D1
Astra SP (3)
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

After a great week of shaves with the almond soap on duty this week is the lavender.My second straight razor shave and it was a tiny,tiny bit better than the first.:icon_razz:

Mark

Sunday:

Merkur HD 34c
UK Wilkinson Sword
Neep cigar band silvertip
Martin de Candre

A fine way to start the day - a breezy autumnal mountain bike trek with the smell of wood smoke in the air.

Back home for a shower and shave, and the first time I've used a UK Wilkie - what a gloriously smooth and effective blade.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Leresche/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (1990s version)

Tried this OC for the first time this morning. Sorta on the aggressive side, which means I gotta pay attention to detail with this one. More comfortable than an Old Type, and very effective in whacking two days worth of whiskers.

Sadly, this ain't my kinda razor, but I'm glad to have given it a test drive. I'm sure there's many members who would enjoy this thing, but I prefer a little milder experience.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Leresche aluminum 001 (Small).jpg
    Leresche aluminum 001 (Small).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 10
  • Leresche aluminum 002 (Small).jpg
    Leresche aluminum 002 (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 8
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: C V Heljestrand 6/8, the no: 6 in custom horn scales w silver inlays
Soap: Provence Santé
AS:/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

What a nice shave/razor and our boy shaved today aswell, he used this lovely soap and one of my best brushes, it has the loongest white tips of them all and's soooo soft :D
024800x615.jpg

... and some:
004800x652.jpg

Sunday
Days like today make me glad that I've stockpiled all those Derby Blades!
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Derby!!!
Soap: Old Spice Classic
Brush: boar-starting to shed!
Aftershave: Nieva cream
Futur set at 2.5, love this razor! Blade Derby. Work as good or better than any I've used in this razor!

Back
Top Bottom