SOTD 5th to 11th November 2011

Gillette Old with Polsilver (3rd shave with second blade)
Vitos coconut soap

The Polsilver works well with this razor. Just the deftest of touches and I can get a super close shave and no irritation. Don't even need any aftershave balm. I didn't think I was any good at lathering the soap - it looked mainly watery and had only patchy areas of thick lather - but even my ham fisted attempt gave me a lot of protection.

I like learning to get the best out of different razors and pairing them with the right blades. I wouldn't have so many if I didn't!

Sunday Eve.

Gillette Fatboy with 7 o'clock yellow
vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
old Wilkinson bristle brush
Alum
the Real Shaving Co aftershave balm.

Was testing the Wilkinson brush and got such a good lather that it seemed a waste not to use it. Nice smooth shave.

SUNDAY EVENING

Hot flannel prep
US Gillette Aristocrat
Astra Platinum (2)
Simpsons Emperor Super
Valobra almond
Prof B Yellow Unction

Lovely marzipan whiff from the Valobra but I was a bit too generous with my 'dollop' and generated enough lather for about 6 passes!

Lovely shave from the Aristocrat. It was this razor that gave me my first ever BBS so it holds a special place in my collection.

Kron-Vest 14, Simpsons KH3, Old Spice SC, Old Spice Wildwater ASL

PB060294.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC two band
Razor: Wade and Bitcher, for barbers use
Soap: Tabac
AS: Lacoste Challenge
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

015800x577.jpg

... and this mornings shot of:
017784x800-1.jpg

Monday

Schick Injector Dial Adjustable
Personna Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Coconut Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

The Injector is a nice razor to use, especially when circumnavigating a moustache.

The 'tache must be coming on, as people here at work have been pointing and laughing.

Ian

Gillette Old with Polsilver (fourth shave with this blade?)
Vitos Almond soap

Another excellent shave. I thought I would put the Old away till it took my fancy again, probably in a few months, but with these blades and this soap it gives a supremely close shave with no irritation. I will try other blades in it before I get out the Fatboy again.
Didn't need any aftershave - the Vitos leaves skin feeling good.

Monday

Toyo Scheon-burg 666
Tony Miller 'Notovan' Artisan strops
Omega 31064
Penhaligons English Fern shave soap (new formulation)
Vifrex gel mixed with Carrefour Discount 'Skin Bracer' type after shave

IMG_1701.jpg

Not bad, had issues with the lather again though. The Carrefour after shave is nothing extraordinary (it's around 3.20 Euro here) but in combination with the Vifrex gel it gives a nice after shave feeling few minutes later.

No shave over the weekend to let my skin have a rest. This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (1)
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's Coral skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Very pleased with the brush. Two-pass very nice shave, marred only by the fact that at about the half-way point of pass one I lost concentration and damned nearly had my right eye out. I actually nicked the very corner of the skin where the lids come together, at the outside. I have no idea what the fuck I was doing or thinking, frankly. NOT ZESTY.

That was a close one! One of those moments where you can't quite believe what happened and it takes a while to sink in how bad it could have been? Glad you're not now "Dr Rck" (minus the i!)

Dr Rick said:
No shave over the weekend to let my skin have a rest. This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (1)
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's Coral skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Very pleased with the brush. Two-pass very nice shave, marred only by the fact that at about the half-way point of pass one I lost concentration and damned nearly had my right eye out. I actually nicked the very corner of the skin where the lids come together, at the outside. I have no idea what the fuck I was doing or thinking, frankly. NOT ZESTY.

That was a close call Dr Rick, always be aware that you have a small samurai sword in your hand when using the Feather!

Back
Top Bottom