SOTD 3rd December to 9th December 2011

Gillette Gold Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Bleue Extra blade (circa 1990s)
Trumpers Lime soap

I left a blade in this razor. Must have been a while ago as I can't remember last time I used a Bleue. Shave was ok; the Tech isn't so good for closeness as for comfort I find, but I think the Bleue is near the end of its life. I wouldn't normally use a blade again if I couldn't remember how long it had been in there, but it was clean, dry and rust-free, and I would have chucked it if it was no good. And a Bleue!

Tuesday

Rotbart #15
Personna Prep
Semogue LE 2011 Badger 1
Ginger's Garden Tobacco Flower SS
L'Oreal After Shave Balm
Black Suede Cologne

Until yesterday the Rotbart was NOS. An incredible shaver. I wish the company still made razors. Would give Merkur a run for their money.

And another, wonders never cease:

SOTD061211.jpg

Silvertip with cherry handle by Beejay; Gotta 120; Nanny's Rasage Traditionel hardish soap; Taylor's St James aftershave.

A nice combination today. The brush has been with me for a while now: a near perfect combination of soft tips and bouncy resilience has made it a firm favourite. The soap has a distinctive scent with a touch of pepperiness which has won me over, and of course it performs to the usual exemplary standard. I'll be using it a lot till it's worn down enough for the lid to sit on the dish properly.

Wednesday am - Ulsan, South Korea

Gillette Tuckaway & Wilkinson
Semogue 2011 LE boar 2
Palmolive
[Aqua Velva]
[Gucci Guilty asb]
Amouage Opus III

photo-2.jpg

Multiple runs over the same area during the same pass - something that is a clear no-go in DE shaving. But the Tuckaway once again proved why it's my favorite (by far) DE razor. No signs of irritation whatsoever.

The Semogue gets better and better as it breaks in after shave, while the Aqua Velva continues to grow with me. The Gucci balm reinforces the statement that designer balms (Gucci, Hermes, Chanel) are really good - not too oily, but nonetheless rich and smooth.

Love your shots, Andy.

Pre : Hot Shower followed by EJ pr shaving cream
Razor : Muhle R106
Blade : Shark ( 4th day and last )
Brush : Semogue 1305
Cream : RazoRock XXX
ASL : Fa
ASB : RazoRock Wax​
1323233989401.jpg

Wednesday 7th December

MdC- Chubby 2 Best - Rotbart Mond No. 15 - 7OC Yellow (1) - Ogallala BR L&P

I received this razor NOS from Martin a few months back and had only had one cursory shave with it, before moving on to another acquisition. Judging by how good today's shave was, I expect it will be making a much more regular appearance.​

Wednesday, December 7. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue 2011 LE Finest Bristle 1 #49
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
[attachment=3928]

Attachments

• Photo0939.jpg
    Photo0939.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 10
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle, 25 mm silvertip
Razor: Otto Busch
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: TOBs no 74 + Lucky Tiger face tonic
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Super soft tips and excellent ability to hold water but not a floppy monster, I like this brush.
002800x593.jpg

... and:
005800x704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom