Post: Cold water rinse followed by some Speick After Shave Lotion
[attachment=3919]

Attachments

• Photo0898.jpg
    Photo0898.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 11
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 O'clock green
Semogue 2011 LE Finest badger 1 and finest bristle 1 (breaking them in)
TFS Mandarino e Spezie (I don't know if this is a production soap, it's a sample that was given to me by Eric from vendor TuttoItaliaOnline. I think it's a prototype soap)
444 balm and Thayers witch hazel AS

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chris Craft Custom
Razor: Hibbard, Spencer
Soap: Dr Harris, Marlborough
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

010800x563.jpg

... and:
014796x800.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice' AS (vintage 1970s juice that's a nice take on Old Spice)

Man, these old UK made blades can be good ones. Tried one from pack of some just labeled 'Wilkinson Sword' this morning and whew....what an excellent shave. Sharp and smooth, yet extremely forgiving. Very similar to my favored Iridium.

This Hai Karate Scent was made to compete with Old Spice, and it does a great job of that. Truthfully, I can't decide which of those frags I like the most.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ha Karate Oriental.jpg
    Ha Karate Oriental.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9
Monday

Aristocrat Jnr No 48
Wilkinson Sword blade
Omega boar brush
TOBS MrTaylor's Shaving Cream
E45
Speick AS

Felt I just had to go back to a vintage Gillette and took out one of the first razors I captured in the wild when I didn't know what I was into. This razor is quite rare and was complete with blue plastic box when purchased at antique fair for a fiver! In beautiful condition too.

Probably my best shave ever

Prep:

Shower, went to sink with towel round me middle. Filled sink with very hot water. Soaked face with flannel.

Got my pot of TOBS Almond shaving cream out like normal. Got my nice, clean and tidy Scimitar out, with new Derby blade in it. Dipped my wet brush into the sink and span it around a little to moisten the bristles.

[Keep what the wife does or doesn't do to you in the bathroom to yourself thanks]

Method:

Shaved first with the grain, rinsed face a little, then cross the grain, under chin cross the grain (I normally lift my cheek up and tort as possible for this). Finally against the grain all over (except upper lip).

Used Nivea post-shave balm then some adidas after shave. No nicks or cuts.

Was nice to wife for the rest of the day.

Re: RE: SOTD 3rd December to 9th December 2011

This morning:

Imperial Leather soap
Feather Artist Club RG with Feather ProGuard blade (7)
New Forest High Mountain Badger
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream
Trumper's Limes skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Again allowed the first round of lather to dwell (today while laying out my suit and affixing braces, etc) after massaging in, before reapplying and going ahead as usual. Still unsure it makes any difference.

Excellent shave, just a shame about the huge spot that appeared overnight at the top of the collar line below my ear :(.

Tuesday Early Morning

Joseph Elliot Near wedge
Home Made Strop
New Forest 2213
Maca Root Cream
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater
2mfg45d.jpg

The last time I used this razor the results were "OK" but today they were excellent. Not sure if it was the prep (good this time or bad last time) or the strop but it felt a much better edge today.

Pre : Hot Shower followed by EJ Pre Shaving cream
Razor : Muhle R106
Blade : Shark 3rd day
brush : Semogue LE2011 Finest Bristle Size 1
Scuttle : Schwarzweisskeramik XL
Cream / Soap : RazoRock Artisan Napoleon's Violet
ASL : Denim Black
ASB : RazoRock Wax

132314811561.jpg

Back
Top Bottom