SOTD 3rd December to 9th December 2011

Frederick Reynolds 6/8, Vulfix Grosvenor superbadger, Floris Elite EC, Floris Elite ASB, Floris Elite EdT

PC040450-20111204.jpg

It turns out I haven't done one of these for six months. Shame on me. No surprises today, except that it's a bit lo fi:

SOTD041211.jpg

Big Boxwood Best Badger Brush by Neo; Electric Razor Co. Hamburg Ring lather shovel; Mitchell's Wool Fat; Givenchy Gentleman aftershave.

Result: yeah, smooth as owt, with just a tiny bit of blood today, maybe something to do with the pre shave routine. Cheap whisky and ginger wine, in case anyone's wondering.

A word about the Givenchy aftershave. It's not my favourite, but damned if I'm not going to have to make sure to keep permanent stock of it. I'm having trouble keeping my wife at bay. The only other one which came close for the friskiness factor was Pitralon Classic ... gentlemen, beware!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row #204 badger (flopmeister used for creams)
1958 Executive/ Super+Chromium (made in the UK by Personna maybe)
Valobra soft soap
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Ungaro2 Pour L'homme EdT (vintage juice from 1992)

Well, I finally got around to trying this famous soap.....another sample sent from benefactor Bob's amazing arsenal of fine shaving crap. Very mild almond scent that doesn't bother me at all, unlike the more intense Cella stuff. Amazingly easy to lather and the performance was quite good.

Heh, this Ungaro version is loaded with a civet note, and usually when I wear it the neighborhood cats will follow me around.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ungaro.jpg
    Ungaro.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 8
Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Astra SS Blue (1)
Kent BK4
T&H Trafalgar Cream
Floid Blue A/S
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Very nice, comfortable shave. Two debutants in today's line up - first time I have used an Astra Blue and it performed nicely, very smooth and no irritation or nicks over the 2 passes and touch ups.

Also used T&H Trafalgar for the first time. Performance was as good as expected from a T&H cream, having already used Grafton several times. Really like the scent though, possibly even more than the Grafton to be honest. I can't really find any descriptive words to explain the scent, nor compare it to anything else, but it's very fresh and clean.

Sunday

white proraso pre/post
Neo custom 2 band
Trumpers Coconut cream
Slim (4) + Personna Super (4)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes, very smooth, no irritation.

Sunday Evening

Semogue 2000
Feather AS-D1
Gillette Bleue Extra
Haslinger Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

My first time using the haslinger and it whipped up a great lather but the scent is quite faint.A great shave.

Mark

Gillette Tech
7 o'clock yellow
Taylors sandlewood shaving cream
Wilkinson Sword brush

I'm getting there. Took Canuck's sagely advice and used less pressure. No soreness/irritation. Still have problem areas on the neck but I'm sure these will get resolved as my technique improves. It's only a few weeks in for me.

Early Monday Morning

Razor: Kropp 6/8
Strops: Jeltz Original Cotton and English Bridle Leather
Brush: Vie Long Horse & Badger Mix
Soap: Culmak
m55p2.jpg

A damn fine shave and a successful test of my home made English bridle leather strop.

Pre : Hot Shower followed by Proraso Pre Shaving Cream
Razor : Muhle R106
Blade : Shark Stianless ( 2nd use )
Brush : Semogue 830
Bowl : Schwarzeisskeramik
Soap / Cream : Proraso Green
AS : Alum + Proraso balm​

1323062464511.jpg

Sunday evening:

Hot shower. RSC facial scrub.

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Wilkinson Sword (no more info on it) (2)
Nanny's Lavender
NF2207

two passes, touchups

Alum, Sunbury Bay Rum, Clinique post-shave healer

Rather Nice Shave!

Monday:

Truefitt and Hill 1805 cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green SS (1)
Ogalalla limes and peppercorns
Crabtree and Evenlyn lime cologne

Fresh and clean.

C&E Sienna cream
Merkur Futur set to 3
Isreali blade
Alum
Nivea ASB

BBS, good start to Monday

Much better shave with this blade in the Futur than in the 39c. Seems the slant is a picky soul, works best for me with Feather or 7 o'clock yellows.

Back
Top Bottom