SOTD 22nd to 28th October 2011

Martes
Geo F. Trumper crema de coco/D.R. Harris con Astra/Frank Shaving brocha/Alumbre/Weleda Balsamo
P1230181.jpg

Usual hot shower prep. Music: Garbage, first album.

The shave soundtrack was, as appears to be my habit now, the Lord Of The Rings soundtrack album (disc 1, The Fellowship)

Gillette Slim Adjustable, set on 4
Timor blade (1)
New Forest Super Badger Two Band 22 mm Ebony brush, first shave.
Truefitt & Hill No. 10 Shaving Cream - now this is really a steal at the moment - a large tub of botanical scented cream delivering a smashing lather, at a great price.

Three passes, various directions. Followed up with a rub of the alum block around the chops, several rinses, a good splash of the finest Barbershop Bay Rum known to mankind :icon_razz: and finally a dollop of Edwin Jagger Sandalwood lotion.

Pretty Good Shave.

Loving the NF brush, if it's this good when new, what's it going to be like when it's broken in?

Wednesday: Off work (half term) 'til Monday.
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red pack
Semogue 830
Palmolive stick
Histoires de Perfums 1969 Revolte EDT . . . mmm rhubarb, nice.

Good morning Gentlemen
First Time Posted here , Just seven month with wet shaving :blush:​

Pre : Shower follow by Proraso Pre Shaving cream
Razor : EJ DE89L
Blade : Gellette Sharp Edge yellow
Brush : Semogue 2000 :dodgy:
Soap : Proraso Green :sleepy:
AS : Alum + Proraso Balm :icon_surprised:​

1319611093551.jpg

The lords have arrived so new razor day. Kicking of with the L6. Or the lord premium as it is known. Fairly generic two piece head. Standard thread (more on that later). Longer skinnier shaft than normal for this kind of design. Mid weight, probably around that of a 50's SS. Very shiny.

Pre: soak with hot water
Brush: Sem 1305
Soap: MWF
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Shark SS (1)

Mild razor maybe a bit fiercer than a triangle base plate tech head. Shaft is reminiscent of a Alu ball end tech shaft but an inch longer. Very satisfying auditory feedback. Sharks are a very known quality for me and I suspect this razor might benefit from something a little sharper, (bear in mind that a shark SS is already quite a sharp blade), but that's the joy of mild razors. Hard to be accurate around the sideburns but maybe that's just me not being Used to the head.

Swapped out to the ikon fat heavy handle mid shave. Oooh cracking toy, and it worked well but bugger me this is a hefty combo.

Dfs. 5 quid well spent.

Gillette New 1930s open comb
Gillette Platinum blade
Glycerin pre-shave with about 2ml Glycerin
Pecksniff's Leather shaving soap
Witchhazel to finish

Good lather with the glycerin. A little sore under the chin as the Platinums aren't all that sharp. Got a very smooth close shave in three passes (normally two)

Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Coates Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

My old tub of Coates cream may have now set harder than Cella, but it's still impressive stuff.

Ian

Wednesday 26th October

Hello Sailor!

To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced by the claims made for The Bluebeard's Revenge Shaving Cream in respect of long-term use reducing beard growth. For it to work, surely there would be some hideous chemical reaction taking place with your skin, or your hormones would be messed up in some way, ultimately leading to breast growth (paranoid glance in the mirror) and popularity among serving memebers of the Royal Navy Sumbarine Corps? That said, this is a blooming excellent cream - totally luxurious, if a little expensive. But a little goes a long way and I'll definitely be re-investing when my present pot runs out!

Full set list:

Merkur 34HDG
Blade: Super Iridium Saville Row Silvertip
Pre - Myrsol
The Bluebeard's Revenge SC
Floid Vigoroso
Thayers Lavendar Witch Hazel
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream
Lush Vanishing Cream

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather AC-SS
Feather blade Light
Le' Tuft Chubby 1.5 Custom
Mtchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occittane Bavx balm
Floris Sirena Eau de parfum

Jamie.

Earlier than usual shave for me, but still a excellent result from the feather, two pass shave with a little clean up around the chin. If you are in a hurry dont even think of using this razor, pick up the DE.

008.jpg

Wednesday 26th October

Cade - Chubby 1 Best - Kirby Beard - Astra SP (3) - La Toja AS - L'Ocittan EdT​

Not my best performing soap, it's a bit trickier to lather than the likes of MdC, Provence Sante or La Toja - but the scent is fantastic.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, soapstone handle extra stuffed 28 mm silvertip
Razor: C V Heljestrand no 6 in cusotm made scales by Neil Miller
Soap: MdC
AS: Island, Bay Rum
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

My God! This razor is perfect, from a shaving point (my shaving point) it's right under 13/16 and the scales're extremly nice, I think. Neil Miller made them, it's w stearling silver inlays and horn and they're simply wonderful scales! The edge was superb aswell! Combined with MdC it was a hit, I actually only used the left over soap, first, as AS. But then decided I wanted a nice Bay Rum scent too :D
013800x641.jpg

... and some coffee too:
022800x531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom