Czech & Speake #88 soap
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Saturday

Feather Artist Club SS Razor
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

That went well. I haven't shaved with a straight of any kind for some while. A pretty decent result. Took my time, though.

Ian

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Superthin Blade
Tabac Soap
Omega Boar 81052
Alum
Tabac ASL

Very nice shave, but put on a bit much Tabac and found it a bit choking :s

IanM said:
Saturday

Feather Artist Club SS Razor
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

That went well. I haven't shaved with a straight of any kind for some while. A pretty decent result. Took my time, though.

Ian

Good show Ian, it's a very sharp thing indeed, i'm sure you will master it over the next few weeks, I myself had two small nick's from my first shave with that razor just under the nose, but since then it's just got better with every shave.

Jamie

NF badger
Tabac soap
#21 Aristocrat
Gillette Spoiler
Barbershop Bay Rum

Ninth shave from this blade, no nicks or weepers. I'm going for ten tomorrow.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 14
Razor: Dorko
Super lather: Cade + Irish Moos
AS: Dr Harris, Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This brush's insane, I love it (takes approx X2 product compared to a Chubby 2)!
018800x580.jpg

Filarmonica DT13 11/16 (Neil Miller restore)
Tony Miller Notovan Artisan strops (30/60)
Simpsons Polo 10 custom two band
Speick stick
Vifrex after shave gel with La Toja Manantiales after shave lotion
Tom Ford White Patchouli Eau de Parfum

IMG_1676.jpg

Saturday 10-22-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #1 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Wilkinson stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Agua de Coimbra - EDT Agua de Coimbra.

Afeitado22-10-11002.jpg

EJ 89
Men-u bristle brush
Personna med prep blade
Boots shaving soap
Boots witch hazel and tea tree
Bluebeards Revenge balm

A few minor wounds, I don't think I worked the lather long enough as it was a bit thin. Could have been too much water though?

I have to be up early tomorrow (leading a convoy of small cars through the Peak District's tiniest roads), so if I'm to try something new it'll be tonight.

Heart pounding with anticipation and fear.

Feather Artist Club RG folding straight
Feather Pro-Guard blade (1)
New Forest High Mountain Badger
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream, face lathered
Bulldog ASB

The plan was one pass, just down. That went really well. So I did a second pass, up on the neck and ATG (right to left) on my face, since up on my face seemed to want to catch and dig. Then a third pass, diagonally in an ATGish direction (again left) on my neck and up on my face. Then my bottom lip (I have a goatee and shave just the lower lip) - this was the hardest part, perhaps not surprisingly.

I would class the result as DFS+/BBS-. I thought it was completely blood-free, but a tissue to the rinsed face revealed a tiny spot on that difficult lower lip. My neck would not mark a tissue, which I hardly ever manage with a DE. It's not quite as close on my neck as a DE shave, but cleaner in terms of skin quality.

The whole thing seemed - after the first terrifying half-pass with each hand - startlingly friendly. I ended up using my left hand for some of my right side close to my nose and vice versa so I could see and to get around my nose. I also, as my confidence grew, found myself turning the razor so that my little and third fingers were closest to the blade for some areas.

I couldn't go fully sideways on my neck simply because there isn't room - the metal part of the razor is too long to fit. I need to try to think of another way to get in there for a totally clean shave (which I have on my face).

I am very very happy with my first ever straight shave. And, of course, I feel manly, puissant and victorious ;).

Saturday afternoon

Truefitt and Hill hard soap
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
SAL Alume di Rocca
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

4 passes, one too many in fact. The last two were against the grain and it took just a little too much off. The alum stung like buggery and my cheeks have felt a little burned all afternoon in the wind. Never mind, clean as a whistle for all that, and my skin will recover given a day off.

Merkur 38R
Rapira Stainless
Trumper's coconut shaving cream (free sample)

Close but quite sore today. Been a while since I haven't shaved seven days a week but think my skin needs it. Got a thin cut on the top of the cheek just below the eye socket, too

Back
Top Bottom