SOTD 22nd to 28th October 2011

Tuesday

Go with the flow.

Pre: hot shower
Razor: gold 1914
Blade: Gem SE (2)
Brush: Sem 1305
Soap: Monsavon
Smelly: OL Bay rum Limes and peppercorns.
Soundtrack: qotsa: go with the flow

Three pass as usual, better than yesterday. Seems to take a lot of this Monsavon to get a decent lather in my water. Had to reload for each pass but was rewarded with a great lather and a top shave.

Tuesday 25th October

Splendid!

Full set list:

Merkur 34HDG
Blade: Super Iridium - This surely must be the world's finest - sword sharp and buttery smooth!
Saville Row Silvertip
Pre - Floid Sandoral
T&H Grafton Cream
T&H Grafton A/S
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream
Lush Vanishing Cream
T&H Grafton Cologne

Doesn't get much better!

factormax said:
Mikael said:
018800x580.jpg

Oh my gourd!

Yeah, those pumpkins came out nicely. My wife bought seeds for £ 0.35 and now we have these as give aways, in bags :D

Tuesday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
TOBS Rose Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Despite my determination to be sensible about such things, I found myself standing over the sink/in front of the mirror with the Feather SS in my hand on a workday morning.

Got a close shave, but performing against the clock was not helpful. There were some weepers, and my neck is slightly sore. DE tomorrow, I think :icon_rolleyes:

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Extra stuffed silvertip in Masur Birch handle by Neep
Razor: Wade and Butcher
Soap: Provence Santë
AS: Ogallala L&P
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclose :D

Buttersmooth shave, this wedy 19th century razor wiped out two days stubble like nothing :D
009800x583.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD 22nd to 28th October 2011

This morning, again without pressure of time (halfterm ftw), away from home:

Feather Artist Club RG folding straight
Feather Pro-Guard blade (3)
La Toja stick
Vulfix 404 mix
Trumper's Limes skin food

Two passes. Face down and left (ATG), totally clean. Neck up and diagonally down-left, varying depending on achievable angles, very acceptable (would have been content with a DE three-pass for this result). Reopened the worst of yesterday's cuts slightly, but no soreness or drama. Very happy. Delighted, in fact.

I'll take a break tomorrow to let my nicks heal. I'm hopeful that by Tuesday next week I'll have it together enough that a ten-minute-earlier alarm will let me make this an every-day proposition.

Today I just wiped the blade clean on a cloth between strokes, using almost no water on it. I think this may be the way forward.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword (UK made NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Nice shave using this old blade. Not quite as sharp as the Iridium, but still a pleasant and comfortable experience..

BBS results,

Martin

Nice surprise! Received the eBay razor the I had just bought on the 20th. What turned out to be a very nice Gold tone, Gem Jr.
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa. The bid was: 99cents US with shipping being 2.50$US. Very nice razor.
Preshave : Noxzema plus
Razor: Gem Jr
Blade: Gem SE
Soap: MWF
Brush: boar
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Nice shave.

Tuesday 10-25-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Kimson silvertip - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #3 - Pre JASÖN - Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream - Alum blcok - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Castle Forbes Lime - ASL 4711.

Afeitado25-10-11-1.jpg

Simpson Colonel LE
DR Harris Arlington cream
#21 Aristocrat
Crystal SP blade
Nivea ASB

Awful. As this has become my favourite razor and I've had consistently good results with it, I thought I'd revisit the Crystal SPs. Bad idea, it felt rough from the start and I ended up with a couple of weepers and a lot of irritation. Crap blades and I shall never use them again.

Tuesday:
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red pack
Semogue 830
Palmolive stick
Histoires de Perfums 114 Ambre EDT*

*Great stuff, a little like CK Obsession but more Vanilla / creamy and with a hint of something . . . earthy. Reminds me of the classic Guerlain Muchoir de Monsieur.

Tuesday Evening:

• - Le Tuft bespoke by beejay Winking Tiger's Eyes; horsehair knot
    - HenkKraft bespoke by Henk ZebRazor; Gillette Tech razorhead
    - Timor Solingen super stainless blade
    - J M Fraser Oriental Spice shave cream
    - Humphreys Lavender and Jasmine witch hazel
    - Booster Oriental Spice ASL
    - Svoboda Freedom ASC

2 over & 3 under &: Ta-Da!

Tuesday

Schick Injector
Penworks Finest
MWF
Proraso White

Haven't been using the MWF as much lately, but I am planning on making it my regular for the winter. It took a bit to get the lather right, but when I got it I remembered why i love this soap so much!

Great shave!

Back
Top Bottom