SOTD 13th - 19th October

Not the best shave, nice and smooth but very 'spotty' on the right of my neck and cheek.

Mergress
Gillette Supersharp (2)
lucky tiger Shave cream
lucky tiger AS and tonic
Nivea creme
Choppard edt

not sure if its the lucky tiger, the mergress or me causing the issue.

Monday and Tuesday

Feather AC SS
Feather Pro Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Provence Santé/Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (Mon/Tues)

1 pass WTG is good enough with this razor, and the fact that the soap spends less time on my face means that I have no need for an aftershave product, just a warm rinse followed by a very brief cold splash and done. I'm not sure if that will continue when the weather gets properly cold, though.

Ian

Tuesday:

Cella
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM blade
DR Harris Windsor AS
DR Harris Windsor EdT

Fantastic. I think this is one of my favourite combinations. Soap, brush, razor, AS/EdT all great.

Tuesday

Morning all,

Hot shower , Nivea Face scrub
Proraso Pre/Post Green
TOBS Jermyn Street Cream
DE89 with 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
Vulfix 404
Floid Genuine A/S
Nivea ASB

3rd shave with the Yellow blade, smooth and still very sharp !

Tuesday

Kent T4
Monsavon bol-a-raser
Filarmonica 13 DT, white scales
Roger & Gallet L'Homme ASB
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Creed 'Aventus' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Bulldog face wash for men.
Muhle 89 Razor with Personna red #3.
New Forest Tubby 1 brush.
Simpsons shaving cream.
Neals Yard ASB.
Pleasures for men EDT.
Impressed with Simpsons cream, was not sure at first, but got great lather today with no nicks.

Aventus, Martin! Sheesh...I've seen the price. Three weeks groceries for us and that's only 'cos I eat like a honey badger with a death wish.

Today:

JEC Big Rocket handle with Jagger head
BIC Chrome with single shim
Jagger super badger medium brush
Erasmic stick
Barbershop Bay Rum
TOBS Mr Taylor's Cologne

Head, handle and blade combination is the best yet. Fantastic even with with the poor lathering Erasmic stick. The lather just doesn't seem to stick around all that long or get proper thick. However, that said it provided plenty of slip and the shave was very good results-wise. I never want to be without the rum as never in the history of my wet shaving has anything performed as well on my skin. The TOBS cologne is lovely (Thanks Halk!) but I do want to try the Shaving Shop as I had a bottle of the AS about 10 years ago and remember liking it a lot but can't recall the smell.

P.S. The JEC handle is double purpose - for shaving purposes and for beating off intruders!

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Musgo Real lime oil Pre-shave soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Brush: Bestshave Horsehair No.6
Shave cream: L'Occitane Cade
A/S: L'Occitane Cade Eau des Bergers

I needed to use masses of shave cream just to get a thin lather, but it did its job and smelt great. A good, quick shave.

Gairdner said:
P.S. The JEC handle is double purpose - for shaving purposes and for beating off intruders!

:blush: Heh, I don't think you should be "beating off" intruders, they might like it and might come back again. :angel:

Greetings

Tuesday 16th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Unknown tiny travel boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Nivea Cream

Spent the night away so shaved with my travel kit, my friends house has a water softener fitted, what a difference to the lather this makes, my tiny little travel brush still made enough for two passes. I had to re- load the brush for the final pass.

Regards
Dick

NotTheStig said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Monday 15th October 2012
Razor: PAL Injectormatic
Brush: Lijun Boar
Saop: Cella

Super BBS shave. I love this little razor but I think I might be in a minority, it seems many others don't rate them compared to Schicks. I do understand though, there were manufacturing errors on some models.

Regards
Dick.

If that's the one I'm thinking of (white plastic corrugated handle, gold head, no fancy features) then I like it but find it a little too aggressive for its light handle. Vicious little bugger (it, not you!) What were the manufacturing defects? Maybe mine has one?

Greetings

Yes that is the same razor, I have read that on some the safety bar was machined on the 'wonk' in relation to the head and as a result the blade gap is different along it's length resulting in a rough and vicious shave. I only own this one and it is just fine, I have shaved with a PAL adjustable that was on loan to me that too was perfect, on one of the forums there are photos of a badly machined head next to a normal head and you can see at a glance it is defective even without a blade fitted.

Regards
Dick.

Re: RE: SOTD 13th - 19th October

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Tuesday 16th October 2012
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Brush: Unknown tiny travel boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Nivea Cream

Spent the night away so shaved with my travel kit, my friends house has a water softener fitted, what a difference to the lather this makes, my tiny little travel brush still made enough for two passes. I had to re- load the brush for the final pass.

Regards
Dick

NotTheStig said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Monday 15th October 2012
Razor: PAL Injectormatic
Brush: Lijun Boar
Saop: Cella

Super BBS shave. I love this little razor but I think I might be in a minority, it seems many others don't rate them compared to Schicks. I do understand though, there were manufacturing errors on some models.

Regards
Dick.

If that's the one I'm thinking of (white plastic corrugated handle, gold head, no fancy features) then I like it but find it a little too aggressive for its light handle. Vicious little bugger (it, not you!) What were the manufacturing defects? Maybe mine has one?

Greetings

Yes that is the same razor, I have read that on some the safety bar was machined on the 'wonk' in relation to the head and as a result the blade gap is different along it's length resulting in a rough and vicious shave. I only own this one and it is just fine, I have shaved with a PAL adjustable that was on loan to me that too was perfect, on one of the forums there are photos of a badly machined head next to a normal head and you can see at a glance it is defective even without a blade fitted.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks. Never noticed it before but that won't stop me taking another look. I prefer a milder razor anyway.

Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Razor - Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush - GOSH Heritage
Soap – Vitos Extra Super (Cocco)
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Pacific Shaving ASB

I thought I'd give the '07 Rooney Charity brush an outing with the Vitos. I believe this is the 1st generation Heritage hair (3 Band)...Hmm, velvety cushion soft....BBS... Happy Bunny!! ;)

Tuesday 10-16-12. MUSIC: Graham Parker & The Rumour_LP In Concert 1979.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCP0BrOhEA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Afeitado_2012-10-163-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Merkur 25C - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Weleda shaving cream de afeitar - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Here they are my last shaves:

Monday

210amfl.jpg

Razorock XXX + Semogue 1335 + UFO U2 Long with closed com Merkur head and Iridium Super #2 + Myrsol Agua de Limón + Razorock Wax Eucaliptus&Tea Tree

Tuesday

2dbt3zs.jpg

Valobra sticks in bowl + Omega boar + Merkur 20c with Gillette Tech head and Astra green #5 + Sergio Tacchini splash with Proraso balm

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom