SOTD 13th - 19th October

mattyb240 said:
Day of rest:
Stonking hot shower
Dr Harris Windsor cream (Bowl lathered)
Kent BK8
Weber DLC - Polisilver Stainless
Cold water face cloth (from freezer)

My first hot shave (usually use cold water) for a while. After ripping my face apart for the last week with the R41 this was pure luxury. I don't break out my Kent much anymore, but there's no substitute. Pure luxury. A new addition to my routine taken from mantics blog was putting a wet face cloth in the freezer whilst shower and shaving, was nice and refreshing and took all the red flushed colour out of my cheeks. Bloody lovely.
What is the smell of the Windsor cream like? I know performance will be good (going on Arlington and Marlborough)

NotTheStig said:
mattyb240 said:
Day of rest:
Stonking hot shower
Dr Harris Windsor cream (Bowl lathered)
Kent BK8
Weber DLC - Polisilver Stainless
Cold water face cloth (from freezer)

My first hot shave (usually use cold water) for a while. After ripping my face apart for the last week with the R41 this was pure luxury. I don't break out my Kent much anymore, but there's no substitute. Pure luxury. A new addition to my routine taken from mantics blog was putting a wet face cloth in the freezer whilst shower and shaving, was nice and refreshing and took all the red flushed colour out of my cheeks. Bloody lovely.
What is the smell of the Windsor cream like? I know performance will be good (going on Arlington and Marlborough)
I'm terrible at describing scent. But it's the most sophisticated scent I have including Arlington. It just smells rich and sweet, But subtle, try a sample from Connaught.

I might do that - thanks. They've been sold out on samples of it for a while but checked tonight and they have them now so think I'll take a shot. What I don't like is smokey/wet wood smells so if it's not like Marlborough I'll be happy.

NotTheStig said:
I might do that - thanks. They've been sold out on samples of it for a while but checked tonight and they have them now so think I'll take a shot. What I don't like is smokey/wet wood smells so if it's not like Marlborough I'll be happy.

It's in no way smoky or woody!

Sunday morning (slow to write!)

Proraso preshave
T&H Grafton Cream / Rod Neep Cocobolo Super Badger
EJ DE89 / Rapira pink'n'blue (2nd use)
DR Harris Marlborough aftershave
Boots no. 7 balm
DR Harris Marlborough cologne

Having missed Friday and Saturday's shaves, today was a lovely, leisurely start to the day. Definitely DFS and still feeling acceptable now.

I took the opportunity to use my Neep to bowl lather the Grafton cream - it's too floppy to face lather so only gets trotted out at the weekend. Made a nice change, but I'll stick with face lathering during the week as I do think it is more invigorating somehow!

Monday:

Morning all,

Hot shower , Nivea face scrub
Proraso Pre/post White
TOBS Jermyn street cream
EJ DE89 with 7 O'clock Yellow
Vulfix 404
Nivea ASB
Barbershop Bay Rum A/S

First time with the Jermyn street, lovely cream worth every penny !

Monday

Mergress
Gillette SuperSharp (1)
Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream
Lucky Tiger AS and face tonic
Nivea Creme

good stuff this lucky tiger cream, nice smooth and comfortable. Used my fingrrs to appy as directed, very slippy and protective.

Didnt need the nivea but used it anyway.

Monday:

La Toja stick
Vilfix 660
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM blade
Plnaud Clubman
TOBS St James EdC

Very nice shave, BBS results. The sting of the Clubman certainly wakes you up on a Monday morning!

Monday

I had a revelation while shaving this morning. Since buying my Feather AS-D1, I have basically used no other razor, nor do I have any real desire to. I think my RAD is cured :)

I also used a blade that I haven't used for a while, apart from finishing off yesterdays shave, the Gillette 7 o'clock Sharpedge. I can only describe this mornings shave as perfect.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Sharpedge
A/S: GFT Spanish Leather
Cologne: GFT Spanish Leather

I think I have found my shaving Nirvana.

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood Soap
Razor Vintage Taylors Witness 3000
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
GFT Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie

I love this razor, a beautiful balanced feel and smooth shaver.

006.jpg

Greetings

Monday 15th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Injectormatic
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Lijun Boar
Saop: Cella

Super BBS shave. I love this little razor but I think I might be in a minority, it seems many others don't rate them compared to Schicks. I do understand though, there were manufacturing errors on some models.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom