SOTD 13th - 19th October

Saturday:

Merkur 37C Slant bar
Gillette 7 o'clock green super stainless
Edwin Jagger black badger
L'Occitane Cade soap
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Really nice quick shave, 3 days stubble gone in 3 very fast passes... a clean result with a rare single nick which I put down to speed, but the alum sorted it out.

Hot shower
Arko shave stick applied straight to face
EJ badger brush
EJ 89 Barley chrome handle
Personna med prep
lemon cologne
bingo ! perfect shave :icon_razz:
time for a drink and a cigar :icon_razz:

Razor: Modoso Solingen 6/8
Strop:Ambrose Cordovan
Brush:Vie Long 16726
lather:Tabula Rasa Herbs SC
AS: Weleda ASL
EdT:Colonia Alvarez Gómez
Picture:
PA130074-5.jpg

Saturday 13th October

Hot Shower and facial scrub
Gold Dollar 208 6/8 Razor
Frank Shaving Berwick 21x47 in Finest
Jolly Shave Cream
Home Made Toner (based on cider vinegar)
Unrefined Shea Butter
TBS White Musk for Men

3 Pass BBS

culcreuch said:
Saturday 13th October

Hot Shower and facial scrub
Gold Dollar 208 6/8 Razor
Frank Shaving Berwick 21x47 in Finest
Jolly Shave Cream
Home Made Toner (based on cider vinegar)
Unrefined Shea Butter
TBS White Musk for Men

3 Pass BBS

Would you be prepared to share the cider vinegar toner recipe, please? Sounds very interesting.

Late show for me today after clearing out the ruddy garage.

JEC 'Big Rocket' handle with Jagger head
Personna Super Platinum Chrome + single shim
Jagger super badger brush medium
Ingrams cream
'The Rum'
Astral
Blighty's English Pear AS worn as Cologne

Bit red and irritated round the neck tonight. I've come to the conclusion its me and the Ingram's but there's nothing actually wrong with the cream itself. It feels as if the menthol is numbing or cooling my skin to the extent that I can't feel just how close I'm going. My skin feels that cool and numb that I can't tell if another pass or touch up on an awkward area would likely cause irritation so I go for it I feel fine till the menthol dissipates. With the MWF this just doesn't happen as I seem to be able to feel or sense what's happening to my skin. Probably makes no sense but I'd be grateful if someone could chip in with advice or an opinion here. Also my lather seemed to run short on quality by my third pass of face lathering. I hope I'm not falling out of love with it but this isn't the first time I've felt I've been ok 'on shave' but sore much later when using the cool one.

Quite like the Prof's English Pear scent. It smells a wee bit sweetie shop to me but I don't mind that (evokes good memories) and the long-haired Sergeant Major commented positively too which was a surprise.

Tobs Shaving Shop
Red Tip with US Personna (2nd shave)
Tobs Shaving Shop a/s gel

Lovely blade and razor pairing. Easy and smooth. Pretty close. Back to loving the Shaving Shop smell

Gairdner said:
Would you be prepared to share the cider vinegar toner recipe, please? Sounds very interesting.

The French used to produce an aftershave/toner based on cider vinegar called Les Vinaigre des toilette and that is where I got the idea.
I make it up in 50ml amounts. Basically its 1 tea spoon of cider vinegar with water in the 50 ml bottle .....and I add to it according to my mood. I always add 10 drops of an oil. Currently Jojoba, but I have also used Argan and Rosehip. I also add a few drops of Essential Oil or menthol. The oil separates out ....but a good shake before use sorts that out. The cider vinegar smell lasts only a short time and the whole thing dries down well.

I think I'll have to have a go at that. Thank you very much indeed, Brian! Would Extra virgin oil do as I know my skin loves it.

:D

I have never used it...but I don't see why not. The few drops of oil in my opinion make it rather effective....and you cant get much better than Olive.

culcreuch said:
I have never used it...but I don't see why not. The few drops of oil in my opinion make it rather effective....and you cant get much better than Olive.
Grand, we keep cider vinegar and extra virgin olive in the kitchen as staples. Might get some Lavender EO too.

Thanks again. :D

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 27 mm SIMPSON Polo PL10 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Polynesian Red Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck EDC
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SODT_REINOLDS_B.jpg

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Prep wash with Nanny's Goat Milk and Coriander soap
T&H No. 10 pre-shave skin protection
Merkur Futur at 3
Super Iridium blade
Frank Silvertip Badger
L'Occitane Cade shaving cream
Nanny's Sandalwood Post Hydration serum
Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb A/s

Face as smooth as a billiard ball

Greetings

Sunday 14th October 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: ER 1912
Blade: Feather SE with added spine
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Cream: Ingram
Aftershave: King Of Shaves Balm

A noticeably less pleasant shave then yesterday.

1) The feather blade already seems to be dulling!

2) For a reason I simply do not understand the GEM Junior I used yesterday seems to shave much smoother than this razor even though the differences are purely cosmetic; strange.

Regards
Dick

Sunday morning

Prep - Hot facecloth
Razor - JEC handled Merkur CC
Blade - Feather (2nd shave)
Brush - NF tubby 1
Oil - Truefitt & Hill Pre-shave oil
Cream - Real Shaving Company Shave Cream
Aftershave - TOBS No74 Victorian Lime
Cologne - TOBS No74 Victorian Lime

Perfect shave. No stubble anywhere. I've been trying Nanny's soap and I suspect I have a mild allergy to it. The shave today is completely different than yesterday or the day before. I'll let my face get back to optimum then try again.

Today's shave is great though, no matter what way I contort my face there is no stubble!

I'm very pleased with this cream... 150g for £1.04. I can't tell if it's more runny than the tubs they make for the 3Ts but even still there's no way the 3Ts stuff can compare for value for money.

Back
Top Bottom