SOTD 13th - 19th October

Back to good shaves....

Muhle R89
Gillette Supersharp (3)
Semogue OC Boar
Lucky Tiger Shave Cream
Lucky Tiger AS and face tonic
Nivea Creme

Used the brush today on the cream and holy smoke batman! fantasic lather very slippy and protective.

Back to the Muhle as well, not sure if the Mergress is for me, the floozy may have to pack 'er bags and move on.

2h37ziw.jpg

Tati Menta-Hierbabuena soap in Old Spice mug + Simpson Duke3 Best + UFO U2 Long with Merkur 20c head and Iridium Super #1 + Mysol Fórmula K with Proraso balm

An excellent and very clean shave! I had some problems with an Iridium blade that ended when I changed it for another one, hehe. Yes, it seems that sometimes Iridium has faulty blades as well...

Cheers!

Wednesday 10-17-12. MUSIC: The Cure_LP Boys Don't Cry.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XgH10WQgLiI[/video]

Afeitado_2012-10-173-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 25C - 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless #1 - Pre JASÖN - Vitto's Coconut shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Speick - ASL 4711.

Re: RE: SOTD 13th - 19th October

Ids said:
Back to good shaves....

Muhle R89
Gillette Supersharp (3)
Semogue OC Boar
Lucky Tiger Shave Cream
Lucky Tiger AS and face tonic
Nivea Creme

Used the brush today on the cream and holy smoke batman! fantasic lather very slippy and protective.

Back to the Muhle as well, not sure if the Mergress is for me, the floozy may have to pack 'er bags and move on.
Do you mean Sharp Edge! Colloquially Yellows? Just asking in case there's a blade I haven't tried! (Must be one under a stone somewhere!)

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather AS-D1
Supermax Platinum
New Forest Tubby 1 finest silver tip in Tigris Perla
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

Sometimes it just all comes together

Wednesday 17th October

Hot shower and Facial scrub
Proraso Sensitive Pre/Post shave
Muhle R41/Treet Durasharp and a Lord Platinum Class
Semogue 1250 Brush
Vitos Green Soap
Alum Block
Pashana Original
Organic Shea Butter

I had to change my blade during the first pass as I hadn't noticed some rust forming on the carbon steel edge of the Durasharp. A 3 pass BBS but with a couple of weepers due to the corroded edge.

TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Fatboy (gold plated) on 5, 3 with Gillette Silver Blue (Russian made)
Scent from Heaven Escape-style moisturiser

Really nice shave. Never tried this blade before and it's sharp and very smooth. Considering how sore I was yesterday from the Rhino and Super Adjustable (and it started to hurt more when I started this shave) it went very well.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8" in marble resin, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 in Best
Soap: Nanny's French Lavender (hard)
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

Although it was mentioned yesterday, I didn't get this razor out consequently - it just happened to be next up in the rotation. Lovely.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Gillette Parat
Astra Super Platinum (1)
Semogue 1305
Arko stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Gave up on the Feather after two days with post shave irritation. I've tried them in a few razors and my skin just does not like them.

Tonight's set up worked as well as you would expect. Fantastic lather from the Arko, though a small nick on the moustache area from the new blade.

MachM said:
Gairdner said:
P.S. The JEC handle is double purpose - for shaving purposes and for beating off intruders!

:blush: Heh, I don't think you should be "beating off" intruders, they might like it and might come back again. :angel:

Razor bondage with beatings? Wonder if there's any money in it? :idea:

Not the right sort of image for A-A-A-Ark-Ark-Arkwright Enterprises. :dodgy:

Gairdner said:
MachM said:
Gairdner said:
P.S. The JEC handle is double purpose - for shaving purposes and for beating off intruders!

:blush: Heh, I don't think you should be "beating off" intruders, they might like it and might come back again. :angel:

Razor bondage with beatings? Wonder if there's any money in it? :idea:

Not the right sort of image for A-A-A-Ark-Ark-Arkwright Enterprises. :dodgy:

You dirty-minded grocer, you!:icon_razz:

T&H Pre-shave oil, T&H Limes cream, JEC handle R89 comb, 33c plate, Gillette 7'O clock blue blade (2nd night), WD 16mm silvertip brush, Barbershop bay rum. Near perfect shave, face feels fine. Found a new trick on my neck area that seems to expose some hairs, it seems my neck has all sorts of grains going on at the same time :p

My shaves are improving again, after a period where they were not.

Edit : Oh, please may I be excused?

Back
Top Bottom