Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Klar Kabinett
Milk Churn
Tech Ball End
Elios
Trumpers Rose Skin Food

Whipped up a lovely warm lather using the Woodhead scuttle. Decided to use an Elios someone kindly pif'd me. What a crap shave ! I cut myself twice which is VERY unusual and it took a good five minutes to stop the bleeding. Poor shave in general no where near smooth.

To top it off I dripped blood on the bathroom mat and have been told off by SWMBO !!!!!

I was pleased to receive and try the Elios out, but it's not the blade for me.

I tried a couple of Elios once and had a similar problem. I was expecting a very good shave as I thought they were a premium product. Not sure if they are or not, but no good to me! I PIFfed mine a while ago.
-----
Slim Twist with Gillette 365 blade
TOBS Shaving Shop cream

Found most blades to be a little draggy in the Slim Twist razor. Can't explain why. Shame as nice weight, balance and grip. I'll keep trying different blades in the hope there will be a perfect match, otherwise it'll be on the BST!
Finished the shave with a Fatboy on 4. Exactly what I wanted – smooth and effortless. I know they are heavily hyped but I do rate my Fatboy as my joint favourite with the Merkur 38R.

NF super badger
Tabac soap
Fatboy on 9
Astra SP

Two easy passes, a nice shave. The NF brush gets better, I planned to alternate with my old Omega, but I keep reaching for the badger.

Wednesday 7th September

Henckels 5/8
Tony Miller ‘Notovan' 30/50
Nanny's Ice and a Slice
Simpsons custom Polo 8 in Best
Boellis Panama 1924 after shave gel
Zegna ‘Z' Eau de Toilette

SOTD_07Sep.jpg

Two passes plus touch ups, a fine shave. The scent of the Boellis after shave gel continues to grow on me.

After shaving with differing SE razors for a week I thought I'd switch back to DE to see if there was really a difference.
What better to start with:
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Merkur
Brush: Badger
Preshave: Proraso
Shave Cream: Proraso for sensitive skin
Aftershave: Thayers lavender witch hazel

Yes, evenwith the slant there is a marked difference between SE and DE. Is DE better...? Let's say it's more familiar .

Re: RE: Shave of the day, week commencing Saturday 03/09/2011

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
GFT Sandalwood cream, face then bowl lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger
Feather Portable, with
Gillette 7OC green (5)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food
Trumper's ditto cologne

Bit more in the way of blood spots than I've become used to; don't know whether to blame aggressive razor and idiot operator, or novel-for-me blade. No soreness though.

Wednesday
Razor: Sprock 6/8
Brush: Simpson 57
Cream: Trumpers Sandalwood
I should start this off by extending a massive thank you to Konstantinos for generously giving me the brush. It is my 1st usage of a Simpson brush and, as I had been assured, now I see what all the fuss is about. I will need to learn it a bit better as it performs differently than my NF and Vulfix, but the face feel and backbone are superb. The Sprock as ever performed faultlessly, it makes me wonder why I ever bother with another razor but then again using others put into perspective how good it really is.
20k6ohe.jpg

Thursday:
  • Edwin Jagger DE86
  • Gillette 7 O'Clock (yellow)
  • Semogue 830
  • Geo. F Trumper Rose soap
  • D R Harris Pink aftershave
  • L'Artisan Voleur de Roses

Thursday, great shave, little red around the muzzle but nice and smooth.

Gillette #58
Shark SS (3)
Ever Ready 150 with NF 2 Band knot
TandH Lavender Cream
E45 cream
DR Harris Arlington edt

Think i'm a vintage boy, my Muhle isn't going to get a look in now so may end up on BST.

EJDE89
Personna
Erasmic
Vulfix Mix
L'Oreal Balm
Gucci Sport EDT

Quick two pass shave as I had to hurry due to being up late and having to get into the bathroom before the Force hoards rose!

Still a decent shave though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom