Not open for further replies.
Saturday

All Change!

Schick Injector Dial Adjustable
Schick Injector Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Bulldog asb

After 7 weeks of shaving with the same reason, I felt the need to have a change. The adjustable Injector is a great razor.

Ian

RE: Shave of the day, Saturday 03/09/2011

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 in 2 band
Razor: Ari-Ya, my lovely Japanese ant arrow blade
Soap: Dr Harris, Marlborough
AS/edt: Ogallalla Limes and Peppercorns/Eucris
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

001800x712.jpg

IanM said:
Saturday

All Change!
After 7 weeks of shaving with the same reason, I felt the need to have a change. The adjustable Injector is a great razor.

Ian

Hi there,

Yeah, the adjustable injector is a great change of pace razor. Nice being able to dial up the perfect number.

No idea which Schick blades you have, but most people (myself included) like the Chinese ones over the German made version. Even better are many of the vintage Schick, Personna, and Gillette blades. Some of the blades are pretty darn sharp, and I'd recommend trying those if possible.

Martin

Luxurious Saturday Morning Shave

IMAG0136.jpg

My first time with the Joris, and I was a bit apprehensive.

There is no doubt it's aggressive, however as I've experienced the Gillette Old I think I'm in a good position to judge it.

If the Old is 10 aggression, I'd say the Joris is about 8 and the New is about 6.

Not sure I could use the Joris every day, but I might be able to. It's delivered a BBS (even on my neck) though there are a few nicks that the alum closed up with no problems.

I'm starting to like these OCs a lot.

Thats a very desirable set up you have there Mikael.....I'm quite envious.........Excellent Photo too.

I thought I'd try a Derby blade in the Muhle R41 this morning....Big mistake.....like shaving with a rusty bread knife..I even managed to nick myself in three places....and that I very very rarely do...I didn't even take that many whiskers off either...So had to change halfway through the first soaping to one of the new Personna Reds...much smoother and closer.........I can't seem to use Derby's in anything...might try 'em for paint scrapers next...

Muhle R41
Jermyn Street Cream whipped to perfection in a stainless steel bowl.
Finest Badger brush from Ian Tang..An excellent brush by the way.
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Saturday

Merkur 34c
Gillette Super Thin Thai
Semogue 2015
GFT Eucris Soap
Thayers Astringent
Santa Maria Novella Melograno AS

First time using the Eucris soap in a loooonnnnngggg time.............

Funny thing is (as has already been noted many a time) it's performance is not relative to it's price and I still find the likes of Arko and Proraso to give a better shave.

Saturday, 3.Sept.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 605 vintage
Woods of Windsor (tallow version)
MÜHLE R89
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Emulsión Myrsol

P1050043.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1955 President/Wilkinson Sword (UK NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Third and final shave with this old blade. Just the hint of diminished cutting, but still fine. Seems like a little closer shave with this razor instead of the adjustable I normally use.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday 09-03-11. MUSIC: Paco de Lucía & Al Dimeola & John McLaughlin

35b57055b08737f2d99301e6ee2f15df.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Handmade brush TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Derby Extra #1 - Pre PREP - Calani Cadre Noir shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - AsL Sparks.

Afeitado03-09-11002.jpg

New Forest brush
Tabac soap
OC Old type knock-off with two bent teeth
Astra SP blade
Bay Rum AS

Not the best shave, ended up with a couple of weepers...

This one is not as smooth as either of my Gillette Old types. I was more aware of the blade, although it still doesn't feel very aggressive, because the blade is almost flat against the comb. I'll hang on to it, but it won't become a regular.

sotd02.jpg

Shave of the day, Saturday 03/09/2011

Saturday:
Knowing that I would be on holiday, I decided to put off shaving from Monday until today to re experience
my Muhle R41 *old head*. After reading all of your adventures with the New Muhle, I decided to put the 'old' one to the test:

Preshave: proraso pre shaving cream
Shave cream: proraso, green container with 'eucalypti and mentolo(love that mentolo)!
Brush: muhle badger
Razor: muhle R41-
old head
After shave: pinaud by clubman.

I'm glad that I did! After the 1st pass WTG it was almost gone. The 2nd ATG gave an acceptable shave. The 3rd, which I did because the other two felt so good, gave me a very good shave.
I had been thinking about buying a new R41, name on list, but... For a good, solid 'friendly' shave the old head R41 is very good, and enjoyable. Plus they're on SALE now with everyone wanting the new!

Got some of Professor Blighty's Grapewood shaving soap - first of his I've tried. Firstly great strong smell but not overpowering; secondly it lathers up like a fire extinguisher. Really impressed and glad I got some at last.
Gillette Slim Adjustable 4, 9
Bolsano Superinox (2)

Wasn't getting close enough so cranked the mofo up to 9 and got an extremely close if slightly sore shave, but I did about 4-5 passes. Unnecessary and silly given the potential for soreness but for some reason wanted BBS for a change and I got it

Re: Shave of the day, Saturday 03/09/2011

On a brief Scottish holiday with a car club, so out with the travel kit this morning:

Hot shower
La Toja stick, face lathered with
Vulfix 404 mix
Feather Portable, with
Gillette 7OC green (1)
Trumper's Coral skin food
Trumper's Sandalwood cologne

First time with the green stainless blade. All in all, a very nice shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom