...and this mornings shot:
030800x598.jpg

Thursday:

Edwin Jagger de87
Feather
No name 2 band 24mm
Nanny's lavender soft soap
BS Maca Root face protector

I've been sticking with Feathers for my blade choice recently, and they are a superb match with the de87. Smooth and effortless :icon_biggrin:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword (NOS UK)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Seba Med AS Balsam
Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT (vintage)

BBS results,

Martin

Razor: |MÜHLE R101 "Shark's Mouth"
Blade: |Shark Super stainless
Brush: |Semogue LE 2009
Lather: |Omega shaving soap with lanolin
Aftershave: |Osage Rub
Comments: |I didn't think about a DE shave today, but finally I've chosen the MÜHLE R101, lighter than the R41, better to use a razor as this because the weight it's not an advantage for such as agressive head. Because the agresiveness and the aspect of the comb, that seems the teeth of a shark, I called it "Shark's Mouth". More "romantic" than call it R101. Supermentholated shave because of the Omega soap and the Osage Rub, the fresher shave in Spain :D

Foto |
P9080065.jpg

Jeltz said:
I should start this off by extending a massive thank you to Konstantinos for generously giving me the brush. It is my 1st usage of a Simpson brush and, as I had been assured, now I see what all the fuss is about. I will need to learn it a bit better as it performs differently than my NF and Vulfix, but the face feel and backbone are superb. The Sprock as ever performed faultlessly, it makes me wonder why I ever bother with another razor but then again using others put into perspective how good it really is.

It was my pleasure to PIF this lovely brush to you Nic, and it gives me happiness to know you like and enjoy it.

NF super badger
Tabac soap
Ball end Old Type
Feather
Nivea ASB

My first time using a Feather. It seemed to drag a bit a first, but soon settled down. This Old type is a pleasure to use; I usually only make two passes but went for a third and ended up with probably the closest shave I've had. I'll see how it goes tomorrow, but I'm not yet convinced Feathers are worth the extra money over say, Astra SPs. :s

Wednesday

Lord LP1822 [New Head]
Vie-Long Badger
Culmak Soap
Gillette Super Thin 1
Old Spice A/S

Thats better a nice blade in the Lord, luvly shave, showing my age by using the Old Spice [well it was £5 at Superdrug]

Thursday

Najie NJ997
TBS Brush
Boots Soap
Gillette Super Thin 2
Gillette Arctic Ice A/S

Bought the Nanjie on a whim, it reminded me of a Vincent I once had, and that was an aggressive razor, infact I would say the Nanjie is a Vincent, ok its cheap but it does the business, loaded with the Super Thin it give an extemley close shave, yes it is aggressive and no I don't know how long the razor will last, my Vincent lasted for over a year, still got to get myself prepaired for the R101.

T

Thursday 09-08-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Omega 10048 Profesional - Schick Krona - 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow) #3 - Pre JASÖN - Proraso white shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL Proraso.

Afeitado08-09-11.jpg

Hi posting my first shave of the day on TSR.

Hot rinse
watery Palmolive shave soap
Second Bowl lathered Palmolive soap with Pure Badger Brush
Gillette aluminium tech (just bought unused) with yellow & o'clocks
Thayers WH with Aloe

Great shave because I had to pay attention to blade angle but really enjoyed it.
Hope my technique continues to get better

Ross

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Palmolive stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Feather Portable, with
Gillette 7OC green (6)
Trumper's Limes skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

This was a very nice, comfortable shave. Unfortunately since it's term time I'm back in a collar and tie again, and one side of the neck right at the bottom of the growth area is now red and mildly sore. I may have to experiment with fewer passes.

kt66 said:
Ball end Old Type
Feather

My first time using a Feather. It seemed to drag a bit a first, but soon settled down. This Old type is a pleasure to use; I usually only make two passes but went for a third and ended up with probably the closest shave I've had. I'll see how it goes tomorrow, but I'm not yet convinced Feathers are worth the extra money over say, Astra SPs. :s

Hi there,

Man, I am impressed.....that's a combo with about zero room for error. I can imagine how close the results were, which is where that razor shines. Heh, that set up is so far removed from anything I'd ever use, but I understand and appreciate the technique that's needed.

Give the Feather a few more shaves, although I'm surprised you didn't notice much of a performance difference with those.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom