Shave of the Day Week Commencing 17/09/11

Not posted in here in a long time.

Wednesday:

T+H luxury hard soap (Using this a LOT for the last 6 weeks or so)
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Cold rinse, alum
Caldey Island lavender aftershave

Face lathered, just 2 passes, most pleasant.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s Schick adjustable M type injector/Personna Stainless Steel (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Creed Original Cologne (really nice scent)

Well, this blade isn't bad, but it does pull a little more than I prefer. Heh, I'm sorta spoiled from using other vintage blades that are somewhat sharper than these.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday 09-21-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket Red Tip - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - TOBS Jermyn Street Collection shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL TOBS Jermyn Street Collection.

Afeitado21-09-11.jpg

Wednesday

Thomas Turner & Co "Lancet Edge" - Culmak Soap - Simpson 57 - Alum - Blue Stratos AS
vdmmtz.jpg

Today is my day off so I did a superficial restore on the Lancet Edge, honed it and shaved with it. I am reliably informed that the shape (wider at the toe than heal) is how they were made and it seemed to suit the contours of my face well. It took a lovely edge, I got a good HHT result straight off the stones and after stropping it was super. A satisfying, shave and the 1st of many with this razor.​

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Silver Star
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street
Brush: Unknown Pure Badger
A/S: None - I am so obsessed with the smell of this cream, I don't want any other scents spoiling it!

3 passes and touch ups - very smooth and clean shave, no nicks or cuts at all.

Wednesday
1st try with:
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Astra platinum
Preshave: Proraso
Shave cream: Cremo Shave Cream
After shave: Masters Bay Rum

Have to thank all of you for what I've read over the last month on the R41. And also starting with SE shaving because of the TSR topic. From the first pass the R41 sounded just like a SE so I shaved the same way as I would with a new, to me, SE. Careful with the 1st 2 passes. Pushed it for the next 3 or 4 just for fun. No cuts or weepers. Don't think I can be as careless as I am with a Gillette SS, but i'm keeping it.

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Trumper's Sandalwood cream, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Gillette super-speed (58), with
Gillette 7OC green (3)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food and cologne

Uninspired by this at the time, but it's lasted beautifully and I have almost no irritation in my collar-line problem area - so, in retrospect, a good one.

Razor: Henckels Friodur 17
strop: Ambrose spanish Horse
Brush: Simpson Wee Scott
soap: Nanny's Lemony Lime
Aftershave: the Mediterranean sea
Comments: I am spending some days in the Mediterranean coast, enjoying the sun and the sea (in the North of Spain the rain is as usual as in Britain in this season), in the good company of some old friends...I have carried a survival kit for wetshaving: a pair of straights, a Feather DE and blades, 1 shaving stick, 2 soft soaps (samples), 3 aftershaves (samples), an stypic pencil, 2 EdT's....a lightweight equipment with the basic materials needed for some simple shavings :D , a smooth and pleasant shave with som swimming in the beach as aftershave... more than I need, but some relaxing moments as that worth it.
foto|
P9210104.jpg

Happy Birthday Teiste!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, The Cone - coffee bean brush in resin :D
Razor: Globusmen
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Fantastic :D

Wow, what an edge Neil put on this blade! It just mowned them stubbles away :D Brush's fantastic too, Mr Neep did a brush with my favourite bean :D
002800x656.jpg

.... and today, of course:
008773x800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom