Shave of the Day Week Commencing 17/09/11

2010 R101 : Feather : Harris Almond Cream : NF Tubby 2​

6163132685_105c8e3d39.jpg

Really enjoying the feathers, but I'm getting the feeling my skin may not be up to using them everyday. I have been experimenting with a Progress that was piffed to me, going to go back to the R101 for a few days so I can get my bearings.

This morning, with three days' worth on my face:

Bulldog face wash
Palmolive stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Gillette super-speed (58), with
Gillette 7OC green (1)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

Lather strangely un-slick, but an excellent and comfortable very close shave anyway.

Rough shave today with one days growth, the blade really tugged even though it was only it's second outing, opend the doors to my razor later to change it and it had 2 lines of rust running on the inside, guess it was a duffer.

Gillette #58
Gillette yellow (2) put me off these for a while
NF 2213
T and H authentic no 10 excellent cream I'm enjoying using
Nivea as balm

Lot of reddness under my lips and on my chin, the nivea stung like hell and flared it up worse, should of changed the blade when I felt the tugging but thought I've only used it once! Shark SC for tomorrow already loaded!

Monday Night

Imperial Shavette & 365 blade - NF2213 - Derby Menthol Cream - Alum - Aquatonic AS
2qwlobc.jpg

I can get a straight pretty sharp but not as sharp as a DE blade, so tonight I thought I would bring out the shavette and feel how sharp, sharp can be. A nice thing is that since my last use of a shavette my straight shaving technique has improved so I didn't nick myself. A great close shave, no irritation, but I wouldn't want to do that every shave.​

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in vintage barbers handle
Razor: Revisor
Cream: Vulfix, English Rose
AS: Aqua Vera
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

001800x725.jpg

... and a cup of sizzling:
005800x600.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Stainless Steel (1965 vintage)
MWF
SebaMed AS Balsam
Roger and Gallett 'Vetyver' EdT (vintage)

First time trying this 46 year old blade (K1), and it's a good one. Smooth and comfortable, even though it's not quite as sharp as the Iridium I favor.

Smart of me to pick the MWF this morning.....really good stuff. Whipped up a dense and protective lather with excellent post shave skin care as a bonus.

BBS results,

Martin

NF badger
Tabac Soap
Muhle R41
Astra SP
Barbershop Bay Rum

Second go with the R41, this time with a new Astra SP. Seemed smoother than with the 7 o'clock, but then... weepers on the chin again. I think I'll move this on - I can get as close a two pass shave from my old Gillette OCs, but more comfortably and without bleeding.

Tuesday 20th

Feather SS and KAI Mild
Speick stick
Simpsons Polo 10 two band custom
Vifrex after shave gel mixed in my palm with Alt-Innsbruck

Nice overall, ultra close again, the SS bit me twice today, the issue with this razor is that it does not really give audible feedback. Nonetheless the resulting shaves are nothing less than super close and effortless at the same time.

Not been posting regularly lately, hopefully things will smooth out in the next 5-6 weeks and once I know my next assignment location I'll be able to start planning my 'new' life... (and order as well that nice matching brush from Bill for that new cocobolo scaled blade I got off Sham).

Tuesday 09-20-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Aritocrat #58 Coronation set - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Stetson Black.

Afeitado20-09-11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom