Shave of the Day Week Commencing 17/09/11

Sunday

Schick Injector (Type L)
Personna Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper's Sandalwood Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Not bad. I've made better lather, though.

Ian

Sunday
Hot towel
Custom Two band knot /face lather/Cella (thanks Mikael:icon_smile:)
Superspeed/Rapira
DR Harris bay Rum.
Very nice shave and although I'm not a big fan of face lathering this little knot I'm testing made it a pleasurable experience.
regards, beejay

Cheers Bill, happy it seems to work for you! :D

Prep: Hot shower and some Proraso for the doom
Brush: Simpson, Polo 8
Razors: Revisor and Gillette Popular no 47
Superlather: Dr Harris Almond soap + classic Palmolive cream
AS: Aramni, Code
Strops: Neil Miller 30/30/30/25 (linen, buffallo, cardovan and latigo oil strop)
Result: Very, very clean :D

What a nice Sunday shave, worked like a sharm and the lather was ultra stable and lasted for 1½ hour (our boy shaved after me)
004800x594.jpg

... and of course some:
010800x579.jpg

100%

Hi, just a short message on the products I used this morning.

Gear: EJ DE89L Barley loaded with a Feather blade + EJ Chatsworth Silvertip brush

Used Proraso Pre Shave cream to prepare. (I really love to oldskool smell of menthol.)
Followed by Vintage Shaving Company Shave Cream. Did 2 passes without any nicks or cuts. Used VSC Face Balm as aftershave.

edit: used wrong topic title, but can't change this anymore. sorry :-/

Sunday 09-18-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 28X53 - Merkur 39C Slant - Feather #4 - Pre JASÖN - Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Castle Forbes Lime - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Afeitado18-09-11002.jpg

Sunday:

Merkur HD 34c
Perma-Sharp super
NF Tubby 1
Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Acqua di Parma colonia intensa

I've been thoroughly enjoying re-acquainting myself with the HD these last few days. Arming it today with a Perma-Sharp produced the best results yet - two passes plus touch ups delivered effortlessly clean results. Magnificent :icon_cheesygrin:

Razor: Gillette Goodwill model 162
Blade: Gillette Super Thins Platinum
(Vietnam) still not happy with
them At best just about one
Shave out of them.
Shave cream: Erasmic cream
Brush: Muhle badger.
After shave: Thayers lavender
Happy with the razor. It a very different looking Gillette with diamond shaped cutouts and line design on the head. But still haven't found a razor that the Gillette Vietnam's fit. Well got over a 100 more tries!

Sunday noon

Feather SS (folding version)
KAI 'Mild' blade
Durance brush
Speick stick
Alt-Innsbruck after shave cologne

Second shave with the SS, simple two pass shave and shockingly ultra-clean. Two points to note as well, though: (a) the blade effective length, heel to toe, is shorter that your average conventional straight; (b) there is something with the weight balance of this new SS that feels completely different, therefore and at least for me, the adjusting learning curve was a bit longer than switching from conventional straight shaving to the 'old' Feather AC RG.

The KAI blades feel all right and slightly more aggressive than the Feather 'Light' ones. For $11/pack of 20 one cannot complain. Overall one will certainly miss the feeling and complete ritual of conventional straight shaving, however the Feather SS is a very handy straight shave option that enables one to enjoy straight shaving with fuss-free maintenance and effortless ultra-smooth results.

Days go by, still have not gone to the beach for a swim, the contract offer from South Korea has yet to appear, the weather here in Athens is constantly a 31-35 deg. C and I've lost in the post one very nice and expensive "meat chopper" blade while on her way to Neil via 'signed for' "service"...

pugh-the-special-one said:
Hi Konstantinos, it's very interesting to hear how your shave went using the new Feather SS, I've fancy having a go with one, might have to get hold of one before long.

Regards Jamie.

Ta Jamie, I know a few of the boys here have been looking at it lately and despite the reviews/comments/feedback over at other forums it is always good to share one's opinion and report feedback in our community here.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Dr Dittmar SS
vintage Roger and Gallet 'Vetyver' EdT (used instead of AS)

Haven't used the Dr Dittmar in a while and it called to me so what could I do. Very nice shave as usual, with a scent that strongly reminds me of the Moos. This stuff makes a good looking white and stable lather.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom