Astra Superior Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Azulen d'O Boticário ASB

P1050119.jpg

Thursday: An Epiphany / Eureka moment

Merkur Progress / Red Personna
Simpson Tulip T2
Palmolive Soap

OK, so I've been at this lark nearly 4 years now and have never really given adjustables a fair crack.

My findings . . . as the blade dulls, open the setting.

Today: 6-day old blade (including a head-shave), Progress set on 3, one WTG pass, job's a good 'un.

Surely this is the same as "mild razor + sharp blade = good and aggressive razor + not-so-sharp blade = just as good" . . . with the benefit of being able to adjust one variable to compensate for the other?

Anyway, there you have it - pick the bones out of that.

Wednesday night Shave

EJDE89
Feather
Vulfix Mix
Erasmic
L'Oreal Balm
Topped up with GFT Eau D'Quinine this morning.

Very smooth shave, great results.

Thursday

PAL Adjustable Injector
Personna Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

3 passes this morning. WTG, XTG, ATG. Smooth as a baby's.

Ian

joe mcclaine said:
Surely this is the same as "mild razor + sharp blade = good and aggressive razor + not-so-sharp blade = just as good" . . . with the benefit of being able to adjust one variable to compensate for the other?

Anyway, there you have it - pick the bones out of that.

Makes perfect sense.

Ian

Thursday

Muehle R101 (new OC head)
Wilkinson
Durance brush
Tabac stick
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave balm
Floid Suave after shave

Very very nice indeed and of course pretty clean overall. Was careful with the R101 and this paid off, no cuts and the very minimal amount of neck irritation.

Things continue to be a bit tense, no update has become available for the South Korea job I'm after, my position back in Riga is now officially advertised (internally), these sick nazi bastards surely know how to 'phase out' a person who does not sunscribe to their mobbing practices. I knew this moment was going to come, anyway (it's not the first time this is happening with the specific line management in the area), so not much of a surprise here either.

On the other hand, things here in Greece are very bad, we have a 24hr strike today in all public transport services, the new imposed taxes are getting more and more, I hear horror stories about families in some neighborhoods who do not have the money to repair their damaged refrigerator and thus ask neighbors to store the milk for the kids in their own refrigerators, etc.

Botanics face scrub
Feather AS-D1
Feather blade
St James Patchouli & Clarysage cream
Simpsons Chubby 2
Alum + Propolis
St James Cedarwood & Clarysage Balm
St James Cedarwood & Clarysage Eau de cologne

Jamie.

A very fragrant shave, love the scent of Clarysage, two pass shave super smooth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thursday:

Merkur HD 34c
7 o'clock Green
Nanny's French Lavender soap
Nameless 2 Band badger 24mm
Armani Acqua di Gio edt

Same razor/soap combo that I've been using for the past 8 days, but a different blade today - my first use of the Russian Green 7 o'clock. Another smooth effective blade.

Great results.

Men-u face wash,
EJ DE89 with Personna red #2,
TOBS Super badger brush,
Nanny's Arabian nights shaving soap,
Wilkinsons sword Hydro ASB,
Azzaro chrome legend EDT.

Nice shave today with no nicks etc !

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Schick Super Chromium (vintage)
Dr Dittmar SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Roger and Gallett L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

First time trying yet another vintage blade and this one's a keeper. Almost as sharp as the Iridium.....very smooth and forgiving.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday 09-22-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - TOBS Avocado shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Tres Flores.

Afeitado22-09-11-1.jpg

Well size does matter!
Went back to the colored tip Gillettes after the Muhle R41 yesterday.

Razor: Gillette SS Black Tip W-4
Steel handle.
Blade: Astra platinum (2nd shave)
Preshave: Proraso
Shave stick: Palmolive stick. In bowl.
Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber and
Witch Hazel .
The shave was fine. The handle just doesn't feel right. It's the smallest and the thinnest of the colored tips. And while it was steel it was too light. This may all be because I still remember the R41. But I don't think so.

Simpson Duke 1
DR Harris Arlington cream
HD Rocket
Astra SP

I've only used soap up to now and mainly face lathered, so this cream made a change. I like the scent, but as Fido pointed out elsewhere, it's expensive at full price and I certainly wouldn't pay that much for it.

Back
Top Bottom