Shave of the Day Week Commencing 17/09/11

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Gillette super-speed (58), with
Gillette 7OC green (4)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

A very, very good shave - and no irritation :).

Thursday Night

Another awesome shave tonight.
Tried cold water shaving and it was fine but I think I prefer warm.

Sprock 6/8 - BS Maca Root Cream - NF2213 - Alum - Old Spice Whitewater
SOTD22SEP11.jpg

Friday, Thank ...........

Bob Razorworks New Bull Mastiff
Gillette Super Thin
Martin de Candre*
Rudy Vey TGN Finest 2 Band
Alum
Brut Oceans ASL

*It is amazing how such a small amount of this stuff can generate soooo much lather :icon_surprised:

Friday
Merkur Progress (set to 3.5)
Personna Red (7th shave)
Simpson Tulip
Palmolive soap
Brut aftershave

Each shave with this razor / blade combo has been as good as the one before it. Might even skip my Feather AC SS weekend shave tomorrow to see what setting #4 is like on the Progress. Could be looking at 10 (one pass) shaves per blade at this rate . . . without even pushing it.

Friday

PAL Adjustable Injector
Personna Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Same as yesterday but without the full ATG pass. A very enjoyable and comfortable "good enough" shave.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chris craft, two band
Razor: C V Heljestrand no 9½
Super lather: Irish Moos + Henks Dutch Moss
AS/edt: Pacco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

006800x641.jpg

... and todays:
013800x593.jpg

N_Architect said:
Andy ('Fitz') - very nice shots!

Thanks K

The Mrs. was pretty positive when the creams, razors and scents started to arrive, she thought I was a little odd when I took pictures of it all and posted them on the internet, now she thinks I'm certifiably bonkers because a homemade light box has appeared in the study!

Oh well!

Hot flannel prep
Feather SS razor
Kai mild blade
NF Tubby 1
MdC soap
Alum

First shave with the Feather SS, I bought the model with the straight handle, nice clean shave with very little irritation and one small nick. I was expecting much worse having read scary reviews about Feather's straight razors.:icon_lol:

Adrian said:
Hot flannel prep
Feather SS razor
Kai mild blade
NF Tubby 1
MdC soap
Alum

First shave with the Feather SS, I bought the model with the straight handle, nice clean shave with vey little irritation and one small nick. I was expecting much worse having read scary reviews about Feather's straight razors.:icon_lol:

Well done Adrian, would love to give one of those Feather SS a go.

Jamie

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Schick Super Chromium (vintage)
Dr Dittmar SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Roger and Gallett L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

The Dr Dittmar is a nice product. Very good performance with a scent that reminds me of the Moos.

BBS results,

Martin

Last few days I have been away on business in Cannock, Staffordshire (and a morning somewhere in Birmingham). For this I used my unbranded German travel Old-style razor with a Lord Cool blade, RSC double strength shaving gel and some Proraso post-shave balm. First morning back in Essex I used Fatboy on 6 with Bic Chrome Platinum again and TOBS Shaving Shop cream. All four shaves have been very nice.

Back
Top Bottom