Shave of the day. W/C Sunday 26th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
'40s Superspeed & Wilkinson Sword > Sephora brush & Kolynos Vit. E shave cream > 4711 after shave

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/lars7/TSR/IMG_4060.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68 ... G_4060.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Wont be able to post tomorrow for obvious reasons:
Wednesday - Wedding day shave.

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201
Palmolive Stick
Merkur HD + Shark Chrome (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

If all goes as it has been doing previously, it will be an excellent shave - fingers crossed.

I have a bit of redness on my neck atm, hope it goes away before the big day, its probably a nervous rash !!

Tuesday, 12-28-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - British Gillette Tech Fat Handle - Iridium Super #2 - Pre 3P - Palmolive stick in a puck - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Yeah, I'm trying to see what I can get to work on my cheeks, and then apply that to elsewhere.

Ian

Good luck for the big day Jase. I was nervous about the shave on my wedding day about six months back, didn't want to look a state on all the photos. Needn't have been though, it all went okay. Hope you enjoy the day, it will be over with in a flash.

Tuesday 28th December (Christmas Day)

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette British Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (1) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent

Not shaved for a few days since we've been staying at my inlaws. Nice to be back home now. Just going to try a warm water rinse and the Thayers for a few days to see how it goes. It's a few hours after the shave now and my face has been left feeling a bit greasy.

Today a bit different, first time "roughing it" while straight shaving.
I'm stayin at my dads, who has a less than optimal bathroom for shaving. (cold, and clammy)
I decided to take Avene cream, and face lather, instead of fafing with a bowl. (and took my travel brush)

So:
Strop: Dovo (present from my Bro & SiL)
Razor: Gottlieb Hammesfahr "Pyramide"
Prep: Couple of hours of chopping down trees in the forest / Hot shower / KoS Shave Oil.
Cream: Avene
Brush: Simpson Beaufort B1
Alum: Razor Rock
ASB: T&H 1805

Well, despite the circumstances, I got a lovely shave! Think I'm really getting the hang of these straights

Max

antdad said:
As an evening shaver I had a tendency to get a sore face when my stubble began breaking through the next day 18 -24hrs later. Weird huh?

Cutting out alum seemed to do help combat this for me.

Tuesday

Back to work for a couple of days tomorrow, Sitting on the sofa just about falling asleep and realised I had to have a shave, not being arsed I used

Gillette Mach 3 (god knows how long the blade has been in it)
No Name badger brush
Macca root cream
Thayers Superhazel
Macca root ASB

Not as close as I get with a DE and with a little more redness than usual however I managed a 2 pass shave in about a minute flat. Given the tiredness I'd say job well done.

Get a damn str8 razor will ya Teiste!... :lol:
Introduce your face to a big blade!..no harm in trying hurt and they can be great tools as well!..always re sell n recoupe yer moolah if it doesnt work out!

B

Blades said:
Get a damn str8 razor will ya Teiste!... :lol:
Introduce your face to a big blade!..no harm in trying hurt and they can be great tools as well!..always re sell n recoupe yer moolah if it doesnt work out!

B
My friend,I did and not with really good results.....Ill rather use a SE.
What strai8s are you using now?

hmm..not good results..hehe never "hoyd of such a ting!"... :mrgreen:

I use my custom made table strops and Gotta 6/8 and Sheffield 6/8 as well..which SE are you using?

B

Wednesday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Still climbing that curve.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.