Shave of the day. W/C Sunday 26th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, 12-26-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette Fat Boy - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - Pre 3P - Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Sir Irisch Moos + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado26-12-10003-1-1.jpg

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: Friodur
Soap: Cella
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
It´s a monster size on this blade, but I find it to be kind of easy to shave with :eek:, easier than yesterdays frameback anyway :shock: :D
PC260010593x800.jpg

Monday:
Hot towel.
404 Mix/ Macca Root
Rocket/365 Stainless
Alum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

very smooth, very close, very nice :)
regards, beejay

Post Christmas shave, a few new additions

Pre: Hot shower and gillette scrub
Razor: gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpsons 57 2 band Super
Soap: MB with added seabuckthorn
AS: thayers witch hazel
Colonge: Burberry weekender

Fantastic shave face lathered, to be honest 1 pass was excellent but still went for 2, don't know if it was the new soap or scrub which made it so good. Same as not sure which has caused a little bit of a sore face, probabily the scrub.

Ids said:
. . . not sure which has caused a little bit of a sore face, probabily the scrub.

My money is on the scrub, too.

Razor: Gillette Fusion Proglide
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 two-band
Soap: D R Harris Lavender
After: D R Harris Pink
EDT: Czech & Speake #88

The mighty yellows' (Hucknall Town) match against Worksop Town is off so I have to find something else to do with myself for the day.

Monday

Razor: Super speed Flair tip
Blade: Derby
Brush: Vulfix 404
Pre shave: EJ pre shave
Soap: Mama bears Brute (thanks Johnny!)
Post Shave: No7 ASB followed by Grapewood AS splash

Used a derby blade first time in a while, it's like being reunited with a lost friend. It's a very comfortable blade and quite forgiving. Again, the 404 is fantastic and is getting better and better. I really can't see me going back to a 100% badger at this rate! Also mama bears soaps are really quite nice too.

Monday

Kropp 5/8
Trumper/Shark Super Chrome
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

A bit better with the straight. Concentrated on stretching a bit more.

Ian

Monday

trumpers limes skin food prepped (pressie)
Schick krona(pressie)
gillette super thin
trumpers soft shaving cream(pressie)
bodyshop macca root razor relief(pressie)
Cella classica

very nice .

My, Mikael, what a large one you have! :shock: Mine's just a tiddler:

SOTD271210_600.jpg

Travel brush restored by Neo (best badger)
Gebr. Lang "Fermarud" 3/8 round point

Henk's Dutch Moss cream
Witch hazel
Musgo No.2 Oakmoss cologne

I'm getting much better with this razor, but you don't half have to concentrate.

Monday, 12-27-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - British Gillette Tech Fat Handle - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Lavanda shaving cream - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Eau de Cologne Lavanda + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado27-12-10001-1.jpg

Monday

Futur
Lord SuperStainless (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
GFT Coconut Cream
SWK Scuttle
Alum
OS Original (P&G version i was given for Xmas. Not like the Shulton OS, but i'd say still quite nice),

Bostonian + Swede
Duke 3 + Pens EF
Thayers Original only.

New post shave regime to avoid next day breakthrough soreness.

...no alum, no cold water rinse, no AS. Seems to be working.

antdad said:
Bostonian + Swede
Duke 3 + Pens EF
Thayers Original only.

New post shave regime to avoid next day breakthrough soreness.

...no alum, no cold water rinse, no AS. Seems to be working.

What's the rationale behind that Tony? Just something new?

As an evening shaver I had a tendency to get a sore face when my stubble began breaking through the next day 18 -24hrs later. Weird huh?

As it seemed I was the only one that suffered from this I asked Mantic and he recommended cutting everything out except Thayers and rinsing with warm water only. I've done this the last couple of shaves and the next day my chops have felt much improved.

I suppose it's possible you can close your pores too much.

I've never liked shaving in the evenings.

My house has been invaded. I'm even getting visitors in my study. All will be quiet again in a few days.

But shaving goes on............

Body Shop Maca Root cream and balm today. Wonderful post shave skin feeling - still there late afternoon. The cream lathers up beautifully. Jagger Chatsworth with Gillette Super Thin another excellent pairing for me.

Back to back Tests mean the early mornings can end soon. No wonder we cricket fans are worn out. At least this one is.

Where's my whisky? Time for the daily tipple.

antdad said:
As an evening shaver I had a tendency to get a sore face when my stubble began breaking through the next day 18 -24hrs later. Weird huh?

As it seemed I was the only one that suffered from this I asked Mantic and he recommended cutting everything out except Thayers and rinsing with warm water only. I've done this the last couple of shaves and the next day my chops have felt much improved.

I suppose it's possible you can close your pores too much.

That's an interesting one. I occasionally find that on my neck, I'd put it down to the hair growing in lots of different directions there. I might give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom