Shave of the day. W/C Sunday 26th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow Jim said:
antdad said:
As an evening shaver I had a tendency to get a sore face when my stubble began breaking through the next day 18 -24hrs later. Weird huh?

As it seemed I was the only one that suffered from this I asked Mantic and he recommended cutting everything out except Thayers and rinsing with warm water only. I've done this the last couple of shaves and the next day my chops have felt much improved.

I suppose it's possible you can close your pores too much.

That's an interesting one. I occasionally find that on my neck, I'd put it down to the hair growing in lots of different directions there. I might give it a try.

That's very interesting, my irritation usually occurs in the evening (I shave mornings) I'm going to try cutting the cold rinse out.

Monday
Acqua Di Parma crema da barba/shavemac D01/Merkur Progress with Supermax/Burberry ASB
P1140967.jpg

Monday Afternoon:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
        • ... Bring me the Head of Edwin Jagger![/list:u][/list:u]
          - Gillette 7 O'clock Green Russian ... the Super Stainless
            • ... not the new Green Russian, which used to be the Green Indian, but
              the old Green Russian from when there was only one Green Russian[/list:u][/list:u]
              - Nanny's Exotic soft shave soap
              - Thayers' Peach Witch Hazel
              - Floid Blue (Italian)[/list:u][/list:u]

Monday

5/8 J Gleave & Son Hollow Ground
The Soap Alchemist Exotic soft shaving soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS Cologne

4 mile walk in the rain
Shower with Pre de Provence Rose Petal Soap
Hot tub, in the rain, 20 minutes
Fresh slab of Klar Kabinett (Rose)
2nd run of the NF 2211
Edwin Jagger DE 87 (first time)
Shogun Blade
Witch Hazel & Robert's Rose Water (50/50 mixture)
Czech & Speake Dark Rose (sampler)

Word of the day is ROSE:

An outstanding shave with an Edwin Jagger DE87 razor I traded with Trainman. I am impressed with this razor. I like the looks; weight, balance and the "Schick" cutting sound developed as it made kindling out of timber stands. The finished head of the 87 fits under my nose; I understand the Muhle connection. It’s just a wonderful razor to fit into my rotation.
New Forest 2211 2nd time out of the box with soap. I started to go with a bowl but said to hell with that and face lathered. This brush can hold lots of water and the Klar responded with some of the best lather I've made up. I found a rectangular dish used for eating corn on the cob in the Good Will store for .90 cents. Very soft badger hair this brush. C&E Dark Rose was selected by the wife. Good Day Gentlemen.

Attachments

• E Jagger and Klar Kabinett.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 30
Tuesday

iKon standard head
feather blade
MWF
Kent KB2
Freshwood Boots balm

3rd day using feather blade 1st blade used once , this blade used yesterday and today.
Could not believe the difference today tugging my worst shave to date so 1 day only for me with feather.
All my other blades have been replaced after 3 shaves.

Tuesday
Razor: Gillette Fusion Proglide
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 two-band
Soap: D R Harris Almond
After: Taylor of Old Bond St #74 Original

Tuesday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201
Palmolive Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

No blood, no burn, but pretty much no shave after 25 minutes off trying.

Ian

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Rooney Victorian
Razor: Boker
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
AS: Aqua Velva
Strops: Neil Miller
Results: Very, very clean :D
Traded a blade for this brush, I´m sorry the razors is gone, it was a good one, but this brush is very good :D Prob the perfect face lather brush (for me and this far). I was going to bowl lather, since it was my first go with it, but it felt wrong and I face lathered instead - result: very good! It gave away lather in a even pace and in the end it had lather for another three passes, if I had wanted/needed to. But I have to many brushes now and soon there´ll be brushes up for sale in BST (NF, IKON etc).
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/PC270012800x580.jpg

IanM said:
Tuesday
No blood, no burn, but pretty much no shave after 25 minutes off trying.

Ian

Have you tried and only shave the most easy areas (use the DE for the rest) and work/expreriment with the angels/stretching technique...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom