Shave of the day. W/C Sunday 26th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
'40s Superspeed & Wilkinson Sword > Sephora brush & Kolynos Vit. E shave cream > 4711 after shave

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/lars7/TSR/IMG_4060.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68 ... G_4060.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Wont be able to post tomorrow for obvious reasons:
Wednesday - Wedding day shave.

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201
Palmolive Stick
Merkur HD + Shark Chrome (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

If all goes as it has been doing previously, it will be an excellent shave - fingers crossed.

I have a bit of redness on my neck atm, hope it goes away before the big day, its probably a nervous rash !! :eek:

Tuesday, 12-28-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - British Gillette Tech Fat Handle - Iridium Super #2 - Pre 3P - Palmolive stick in a puck - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado28-12-10001-1-1.jpg

Mikael said:
IanM said:
Tuesday
No blood, no burn, but pretty much no shave after 25 minutes off trying.

Ian

Have you tried and only shave the most easy areas (use the DE for the rest) and work/expreriment with the angels/stretching technique...

Yeah, I'm trying to see what I can get to work on my cheeks, and then apply that to elsewhere.

Ian

JaseB said:
Wont be able to post tomorrow for obvious reasons:
Wednesday - Wedding day shave.

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201
Palmolive Stick
Merkur HD + Shark Chrome (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

If all goes as it has been doing previously, it will be an excellent shave - fingers crossed.

I have a bit of redness on my neck atm, hope it goes away before the big day, its probably a nervous rash !! :eek:

Good luck for the big day Jase. I was nervous about the shave on my wedding day about six months back, didn't want to look a state on all the photos. Needn't have been though, it all went okay. Hope you enjoy the day, it will be over with in a flash.

Tuesday 28th December (Christmas Day)

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette British Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (1) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent

Not shaved for a few days since we've been staying at my inlaws. Nice to be back home now. Just going to try a warm water rinse and the Thayers for a few days to see how it goes. It's a few hours after the shave now and my face has been left feeling a bit greasy.

Today a bit different, first time "roughing it" while straight shaving.
I'm stayin at my dads, who has a less than optimal bathroom for shaving. (cold, and clammy)
I decided to take Avene cream, and face lather, instead of fafing with a bowl. (and took my travel brush)

So:
Strop: Dovo (present from my Bro & SiL)
Razor: Gottlieb Hammesfahr "Pyramide"
Prep: Couple of hours of chopping down trees in the forest / Hot shower / KoS Shave Oil.
Cream: Avene
Brush: Simpson Beaufort B1
Alum: Razor Rock
ASB: T&H 1805

Well, despite the circumstances, I got a lovely shave! Think I'm really getting the hang of these straights ;)

Max

antdad said:
As an evening shaver I had a tendency to get a sore face when my stubble began breaking through the next day 18 -24hrs later. Weird huh?

Cutting out alum seemed to do help combat this for me.

Tuesday

Back to work for a couple of days tomorrow, Sitting on the sofa just about falling asleep and realised I had to have a shave, not being arsed I used

Gillette Mach 3 (god knows how long the blade has been in it)
No Name badger brush
Macca root cream
Thayers Superhazel
Macca root ASB

Not as close as I get with a DE and with a little more redness than usual however I managed a 2 pass shave in about a minute flat. Given the tiredness I'd say job well done.

Get a damn str8 razor will ya Teiste!... :lol:
Introduce your face to a big blade!..no harm in trying hurt and they can be great tools as well!..always re sell n recoupe yer moolah if it doesnt work out!

B

Blades said:
Get a damn str8 razor will ya Teiste!... :lol:
Introduce your face to a big blade!..no harm in trying hurt and they can be great tools as well!..always re sell n recoupe yer moolah if it doesnt work out!

B
My friend,I did and not with really good results.....Ill rather use a SE.
What strai8s are you using now?

hmm..not good results..hehe never "hoyd of such a ting!"... :mrgreen:

I use my custom made table strops and Gotta 6/8 and Sheffield 6/8 as well..which SE are you using?

B

Wednesday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Still climbing that curve.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom