Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 8th Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ids: In a way it's good to see it's not always positive news on Shave of the Day, makes the good days even better. I can add to your woes.

Wednesday morning

Very late for work, couldn't risk a rushed DE shave.

Quick shower and T+H pre shave oil
Gillette goo in a can
Gillette sensor (1)
Vaseline moisturiser

Result: Just meh. Presentable early doors, but 5 o'clock shadow by 11am.

The Professor's Coconut SS
FS Silvertip
Bonnyman Scuttle
34 HD w/Gillette Yellow (2.25)
Atra to finish (3) 2 passes

Read about Martin's coconut this morning before my shave. Switched PIM of Sandalwood to coconut and what a nice warm lather I got. Three passes just because ...

No balm, no cold witches mammary astringent and no AS. Found the Atra handle at a yard sale; $1. Found blades suitable for the Atra (2 blades plus lube strip) at the Bangor sub base for $2.99 for ten. This is the 3rd time I have used it since cleaning the handle and getting it working. Nice. Forgot how they handled.

Gillette Yellow was a PIF, don't know if it was a Swede. Never tried a Swede - blade. But this started to pull immediately and I binned it after the first pass WTG.

I use the scuttle at least twice a month. Thought I would use it more but got into face lathering for a couple months. Have a great day gents!

regards, Robert

Attachments

• SOTD 12 Jan 2011 003.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 55
Wed. 01.12.2011

Shave-ware

Razor: Vintage Merkur Slant, Derby blade
Brush: Semogue 2010 Custom Boar
Lather: MWF
other: Vintage Rice Bowl
Aftershave: Welenda ASB

Result: Crisp and clean, first shave with the New Semogue!

Have a great day gents!
DSCN0270.jpg

Wednesday and back to business:

Feather and Futur
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega 81230 boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

My favourite set up. First DE shave in over 4 weeks and I've got an irritated neck. Probably caused by being too heavy handed with the razor.

Thanks

andyjreid said:
IanM said:
Ids said:
First time I've not been able to create any lasting lather, result was a patchy painful shave with plenty of blood spots.

Drop the pre-shave scrub. That, in my opinion, is asking for trouble.

Ian

Agreed,

In my opinion even though scrubs "prepare" the skin for shaving, they also rub your face raw leaving it already a bit more sensitive than it should be. Just a standard face wash usually does the trick for me.

I've been using it on and off and I can honesty say that besides today, when I've used the scrub it's improved my shave, I think it was lather issues today!

prep hot shower
razor butterfield 5/8
strop dovo
brush badger
cream palmolive classic
alum razo rock
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://imgur.com/a/bOGzg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://imgur.com/a/bOGzg</a><!-- m -->

result very very clean nice shave no irritation :D :D :D

Wednesday, 01-12-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Edwin Jagger DE89L + open comb Mühle - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Neals Yard Remedies shaving soap - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Brummel + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado12-01-11002-1.jpg

Wednesday

6/8 Royal Warmar
Nanny's New Spicy cream sample
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Gillette Series AS

Day 2 of the trial of the New Spicy cream, so keeping the razor, cream and brush constant.

Wednesday evening

GFT skinfood limes prep
Weishi 2003m
gillette super thin
GFT soft shaving cream
nf2211
alum
bodyshop macca root razor relief
cella classico

The weish 2003mi is light,flimsy,weightless feels like its made of plastic .The 9306 is much heavier.Shave was good with it ,though .
Not bad at all , especially as I expected woeful crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom