Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 8th Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, 01-10-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive oil - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L + Mhüle's open comb - Shark #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Royal Copenhagen Musk + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado10-01-11004-1.jpg

BlacknTan said:
Sunday, 1.9.11

Hot Towel prep
Tabac Shave Soap
New Forest 2201 Superior Badger
Kinfolks Blue Steel Special Round Point
Tony Miller Artisan Strop .. 70 Linen/75 Leather
Bloc Osma Alum
Mennen Skin Bracer

I wish the Blue Steel Special had a bit more pizzazz to match the shaves it provides, but I guess we're two of a kind... Not much to look at... but we can still get the job done! It got a touch-up on the La Grosse Blanche pre shave, and I knew it was gonna' be good!

IMG_2952-2.jpg
Cool picture!

DSC00434.JPG

First stroke of the first pass.

Might finish up in the morning.

Not really sure how i managed it as I was going roughly north to south and the cut is almost vertical. Maybe a nick on the blade. Back to the low grits with this one before it touches my face again.

edit: what may look like a nasty skin condition is a combination of blood, alum and toilet paper.

Monday

Merkur 23c
Feather
MWF
Simpson's Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Gillette Series Intense Cooling AS Balm
Indian Old Spice AS

Was in a bit of a grump when I got home and got rather over-aggressive with my face. Not a good idea to shave when you're annoyed - nicks & scrapes a-plenty :(

Tuesday

Good morning.

Back in my 'work' location after the Xmas holidays.

HD Rocket & Wilkinson Sword > Semogue 830 & Santa Maria Novella crema da barba > Santa Maria Novella emulsione analcolica > Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT.

Found this EdT along with two (vintage, pre-reformulation) bottles of YSL Kouros splash back home; my mother kept them from late '80s... Didn't take long to have them moved over in my den. The de la Renta is a classic '80s scent, while the Kouros is even better than the current formulation.

Tuesday

Gillette Mach 3
New Forest 2212
Coates Ltd Edition Cream
Brut EdT

Not getting on with the cream, shame really it smells great! The NF is back from the cosmetic surgery, looking good and performing grand.

Tuesday

Merkur Futur
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

I realised as I was shaving this morning, that this is the first time that I have used a DE this year! What a shave is was too. Futur on 2 and my face is BBS WITHOUT an ATG pass. Simply superb.

Ian

Monday evening.

First go with the L'Occitane Cade soap. Teaspoon of warm water on the top while i showered and everything soaked. Also used Steve's Blue face soap, Lathers a treat if you scrub the soap on your face.
Normal Proraso prep and a 7o'clock green in the 38R. Loaded the NF2201 with ease and produced large amounts of thick, sumptuous lather.
The shave was excellent, the wife like the scent which, i thought smelt like wet potters clay. May have been due to the other scents from other products previously applied to my face. My face was left wonderfully smooth, due to either the blue pre shave soap from Steve, the cade or a combination of the 2.
I may need to play with the water ratios a bit as although the lather was thick and creamy and appeared to be spot on, it dried on my face a little towards the end of each pass. Never sure whether soap drying is due to too much or not enough water.
Any how the Cade gets a big thumbs up. Nice product. :D

Proinsias that looks pretty bad mate.

Tuesday

Back on the backshifts this week, i.e. no life.

It does, however, allow for a relaxed shave in the morning.

Merkur 34c
Shark SS blade
No Name Badger Brush
Arko Stick
Thayers Superhazel
La Toja AS

The Sharks continuously impress me with their sharpness/smoothness ratio. I may have to go and get a bulk purchase on these, or at lease buy a few other packets and give them a good seeing to.

Thanks to hunnymonster for the La Toja AS, Interesting clean/soapy scent but works a bloody treat.

Shave of the last 28 days:

Gillette sensor twin blade
Men-U cream or Musgo Real cream
Frank Shaving badger brush
Men-U moisturiser

Only used 2 carts the whole 4 weeks. Don't know how many shaves per cart as I was shaving irregularly and infrequently.
I tended to use the Musgo more, as it's better than the men-u.

Home time now, sitting in the KLM lounge sipping a beer. Looking forward to my Christmas dinner at the weekend! :D

Smell The Glove said:

Men-U moisturiser

Only used 2 carts the whole 4 weeks. Don't know how many shaves per cart as I was shaving irregularly and infrequently.

Home time now, sitting in the KLM lounge sipping a beer. Looking forward to my Christmas dinner at the weekend! :D

Welcome back when it comes Stevie

Smell the Glove wrote

Men-U moisturiser

Have a gerat time at home Stevie and enjoy your dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom