Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylor's St .James Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

A bit closer on the neck. Under the chin is next. Still taking an AWFULLY long time.

Ian

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Ronney Victorian
Razors: John Nesbit´s, hand forged in Sheffield + Swedish DE ETERNA for head
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
AS+EDT: Pacco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean face :D
The head is very clean too, but this DE razor is AGRESSIVE - 5 or 6 nicks and after the first three I started to do some searious stretching of the skin, still got a couple of more nicks :cry: These Gilette blades are to sharp for this one, Sharks works, still very agressive, but I didn´t get any nicks from them. If someone is into agressive DE razors: it´s yours if you pay shipping ;). Fantastic shave with the Nesbit though, very nice blade and Nannys soap was spot on combined with the Ronney and face lathering! :D
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/P1080013800x675.jpg

saturday morning (not too early )

limes GFT skin food prep
weishi 9306-c
gillette super thin
new forest 2211
tet-a-tet shaving cream
alum
tet-a-tet after shaving balm
alcolado

Again another good shave with the weishi. Not as impressive from an engineering point of view as a rocket , obviously feels a bit flimsier. I still expected a crap shave that yesterday was a one off ,but it worked fine , no messing about. 3 passes and touch ups as normal.
Tried the tet-a-tet cream and its got a nice menthol kick , great slick lather ,very nice.The balm seems to compilment the menthol as well a bit watery but good. Had to keep up the menthol so lashed on some alcolado ...cool yeah. :D

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Ever Ready badger
1951 Black Tip/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Storer 'Monk' EdT

Another nice shave with this razor and I'm glad to have finally tried the Black Tip a couple of times.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday

White proraso pre/post
NF Silvertip
MWF
Souplex OC + Shark Chrome (5)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

A shaving disaster!! I dropped my ceramic MWF bowl on the bathroom floor - well actually on the bathroom scales. It shattered into a 1000 pieces ( well it looked as though it did!).

I have a sliver of MWF left, which I salvaged and its now in a crappy plastic tupperware container :(

Time to use some other soaps/creams I guess before I get some more MWF ( and another container ofc)

Shave was excellent :shave

Saturday, 01-08-11. MUSIC: Graham Parker & The Rumor_LP Live in San Francisco 1979.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive oil - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Valobra shaving soap stick in a puck - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Lilac Vegetal + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado08-01-11002-1.jpg

Saturday, 1.8.11

Hot Towel Prep
Trumper's Rose SC
New Forest 2211 Finest Silvertip
Hayashi Diamond #74
SRD P1 Strop .. 35 Linen/65 Leather
Bloc Asma Alum
Proraso Dopobarba AS

I'm starting to like the alum block, and the H. Diamond does what it does best!

IMG_2933-2.jpg

Nice shave this evening< just getting ready to go out for a curry.
Hot shower, Proraso pre, mama bears ginger limes lathered with the NF2201.
Slim adjustable with a tiger
Finished with alum Proraso AS and some nivea moisturiser.
Topped off with some Diesel EDT.

Started tonight with the trig blade in the slim, But as soon as i made the first stroke i knew is was not good. Snagging and jumping. Changed it straight way for the tiger and away i went.
DFS, and looking forward to an evening out with family. :D

Saturday night:

Hot shower, 2 minute hot towel. T+H Ultimate comfort pre shave oil.
Body Shop maca root shave cream.
Edwin Jagger black badger.
Merkur 34C HD with feather (1).
Cold rinse, osma alum block.
Body Shop "Kistna" AS balm.

My first ever shave with a feather... I've left it until now so that I had 2 weeks to develop at least the beginnings of a half decent technique. Wow. So, so close, and so clean in 2 scant passes. Probably not a daily blade for me, I think 6 days a week would do some damage, but a truly great Saturday night shave. My first genuine BBS. I'm shocked at how different my face feels after shaving with this blade... it's scarily sharp. But no nicks... that may not be the case after a week of rushed worktime shaves, so it will be back to the 7 o'clocks come Monday morning.

First DE shave accomplished!! :shave

Hot bath prep
Merkur 34C
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Bluebeards revenge dubloon brush (I know I know but I blew my budget and this was free)
Coates - thank you JohnnyO
Nivea double action asb

It hasn't been the closest shave I've ever had but I didn't expect that for my first attempt.
But I managed to avoid any nicks so overall I'm very happy :D

Muhle R41
CH 1
Valobra Almond
Nivea Moisteriser

Slightly rushed, lather wasn't as good as could be, but a passable socially acceptable shave in well under 10 minutes. Can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom