Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

White proraso pre.post
NF 2201
MWF
Rolls Razor
THayers Superhazel
Sandalwood Skinfood

result: a nice smooth shave. I think my rolls might need the hone. it was skipping a bit today.

Went running back to the palmolive today!

Gillette Mach 3
Simpsons 57 2 band
Palmolive
Thayers witch Hazel

Still got a neck that looks like a Ickes chicken after yesterday, might not be looking good but I'm smelling oh so Brut!

All this week

Bath using D R Harris Rose Geranium bath oil and D R Harris Almond Oil bath soap.

Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink

Next week?

Might use up some of my Acqua Di Parma Colonia shaving cream (soft soap made by . . . Valobra?) on Sat/Sun but the rest of the week will be the same.

Thursday 13th January

Dutch Moss - Duke 2 - Wilkinson Sticky - Gillette Bleue (3) - Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood

Third time using this razor now. It might take a bit more work getting rid of everything with it, but I've not had a trace of irritation or any nicks from it. Need to try it with a sharper blade, but I'm impressed so far.

Good morning,

Thursday

Feather and Futur
Lush Ambrosia shaving cream
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

The Lush is a Christmas present. A brushless cream that you're just supposed to rub into your stubble and shave. The best thing that I can say about it is that it smells nice. You get a transparent greasy film that actually absorbs into the skin and offers no cushion or slip. I gave up half way through the second pass. I'll maybe give it a go with the sensor and see how we get on. It does smell nice.

Thanks

Thursday morning:

Late start at work so a leisurely shave today.

Hot shower
T+H Ultimate comfort pre shave oil
T+H hard soap
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 23C with Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
Cold rinse and alum
Body shop Kistner AS balm

Good, solid shave.

Smell The Glove said:
Good morning,

Thursday

Feather and Futur
Lush Ambrosia shaving cream
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

The Lush is a Christmas present. A brushless cream that you're just supposed to rub into your stubble and shave. The best thing that I can say about it is that it smells nice. You get a transparent greasy film that actually absorbs into the skin and offers no cushion or slip. I gave up half way through the second pass. I'll maybe give it a go with the sensor and see how we get on. It does smell nice.

Thanks

Stevie, I've tried this stuff before many years ago and I agree that it smells nice. I think it's just one of these products that Lush market because it's "ethical" to be honest it actually felt like rubbing lard onto my face and it clogged the razor something rotten. Luckily enough I never bought any, it was a free sample given to me.

andyjreid said:
Stevie, I've tried this stuff before many years ago and I agree that it smells nice. I think it's just one of these products that Lush market because it's "ethical" to be honest it actually felt like rubbing lard onto my face and it clogged the razor something rotten. Luckily enough I never bought any, it was a free sample given to me.

Yep. Sadly this was my only shaving related Christmas prezzie (Insert sound of sad violin music here).

It will go to landfill :lol: .

Smell The Glove said:
andyjreid said:

Yep. Sadly this was my only shaving related Christmas prezzie (Insert sound of sad violin music here).

It will go to landfill :lol: .

I got some Macca Root stuff for Christmas (again only shaving related pressie, SWMBO refused to top up my blade selection this year) and the jury is still out on it.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields silvertip
1958 Executive/Iridium
Institut Karite SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (first 1970s formulation)

Great shave using this soap. Plenty of slip and cushion, with the post shave skin care being about the best there is. It's been in my rotation for years and I'd recommend giving this stuff a try sometime.

BBS results,

Martin

Bodger brush (the great all rounder)
PB F31 Natural Shaving Cream
Sunburry's Bay Rum
Ever Ready Razor

Another great shave. I like my natural cream, it's completely unscented so I can wear any aftershave I like with it.

Attachments

• Thursday's shave 001.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 30
Thursday, 01-13-11. MUSIC: Steve Winwood_LP Revolutions - The very best of Steve Winwood.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - TGN Silvertip Grade A - Merkur 37C Slant - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - De Vergulde Hand shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Physical + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado13-01-11-1.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
Palmolive Classic SS Stick,
New Forrest 2203,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
James Bronnley EdT.

The razor was well stropped today. Even stropping it felt right!
The result was a very smooth shave. :)
Not 100%! Still having diffs at the chin but all in all its getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom