Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday
Calani Cadre Noir SS/Merkur Progress con Astra/Semogue SOC finest badger/Burberry ASB
P1160535-1.jpg

Soap: Figaro
Razor: ikon (thanks max!)
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Semogue 830

I think today has been my best shave with a de yet. The ikon is fantastic, nice heft and nice head design. It's like a de89 but better!

Also loving my 830, I'm picking it up over my Duke and 404.

BBS, not a whisker in sight.

Teiste said:
NICE picture,my friend!

Thank you Teiste! And as allways you and Du nails it :D Jose, please tell us more about that brush!?

MadH, do you like the Victorian Lime? I tried and order that one before, but "only" got the original.

Wednesday, 09.Mar.2011

Predopo Proraso
Semogue 730 Silvertip
Omega crema da barba
Mühle R89
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Whitch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

P1030488.jpg

P1030489.jpg

Menthol + eucaliptus.What a refreshing feeling! :D

WED NIGHT

Hot shower
Castle Forbes lavender cream
Semogue Owners Club 2 band
Merkur 34C
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
The Village Barber ASB
Thayers Super Medicated WH

1st shave with the 34C (thanks Max!) very very nice result. The castle forbes along with the SOC 2 band created excellent lather and the Village barber balm is uber refreshing :D

A new Gillette blade for me; 50 just arrived today. Plats. Chinese slivertip with heavy SS handle hardly used but blooms so well . Herby One moved from original pot to this silver capped jar I got last weekend. No problem lathering with this brush. Lite strokes and plenty of water got the soap working quickly. AND a Parat that I should use more often. Been a few months since I shaved with it. JEWELS work so well in this particular razor but I wanted to try something different.

All the best from the Northwest, Robert

Attachments

• Parat run out.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 15
Thursday

Merkur 33C & Wilkinson > Lavera sc & Vulfix 404 Bodger > Mennen Skin Bracer > Fitjar Folgefonn Mint asb > Dior Homme Intense EdP

SOTD_10Mar.jpg

Forgot to include the brush in the pic... Not the best of shaves, not the worst either.

- This shave cream is one of those German 'natural cosmetics' products, you do need to use a bit more in generating the lather (I face lathered today), overall a pretty citrus cream, lathers easily, nothing extraordinary with respect to cushion or slide.
- The Grosvernor is a very nice brush with a hefty handle, it always gets me though that I would like it to be a bit more dense and with a slightly longer loft.
- The Folgefonn balm confirms the opinion that the Fitjar products are simply outstanding.

Thursday

Gillette Proglide (4)
Simpsons 57 2 band Super
Mama Bears added Seabuckthorn
Thayers cucumber

After weeks of deciding the Simpsons 57 is going on BST tonight.

Thursday:- Cool but sunny outside

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (wild Rose)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Geo F Trumper Coral Shaving Skin Food

Up at a good time and nice relaxing shave when it does all falls together and really works.

I think I am starting to prefer the wild rose cream as I like the fresh smell and my wife likes the smell to.

Ho hum back to work, busy morning this morning.

Thursday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01/two band
Razor: Duble Duck by Puma
Soap/cream: Mama Bear Rose + Irish Moss
AS/EDT: Paco Rabanne Ultravilot Man
Strops. Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
Wow, this blade means business, I´m so happy I´ve got it! Lovely super lather too, I think Irish Moss and Mamas Rose marries fine.
002800x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom