Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchells Wool Fat Soap
Nivea Cool Kick asb

Rubbish. Not shaved with a straight for a while because of my injured thumb, and I've not really missed it that much.

This mornings "see how the thumb is" shave made me realise that enough is enough.

So, once again. I'm out!

Ian

IanM said:
This mornings "see how the thumb is" shave made me realise that enough is enough.

So, once again. I'm out!

Well Ian, no-one can say you've not given it a fair crack of the whip.

I'm from the Homer simpson school of thought "If something is hard then it is probably not worth doing" ;)

Finally got round to tidying up my whiskers today:

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Simpson Tulip T2 Super
D R Harris Lavender soap
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Now I have a nice set of friendly mutton chops and a handlebar moustache.

Saturday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Razor Filarmonica DT 13
Soap: Nannys The Spicey One
AS: Old Spice Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Ok, I think I get Nannys new formula ... It´s more slick, how´s that even possible I don´t know, but that´s it + it holds together really fine, in combination with being a damned fine soap to start with. Maybe a touch softer than the reg formula aswell. Very good anyhow!
001782x800.jpg

Saturday:

58 Red tip Super Speed
Tiger blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Bulldog asb
Acqua di Parma Colonia

I picked up a sample of the Maca Root yesterday and tried it this morning - rich abundant lather, fresh but not overpowering scent, and quite moisturising too. Smooth gliding with the killer Red tip/Tiger combo for another blissful shave :D

Jos

Saturday

@ Ian: Never mind Ian, DE is more than good enough most of times, ain't it?

@ MM: Who's Frankie & Bennie? :lol:

@ Mikael: Nice shot, lovely razor, gorgeous scales colour by the way.

@ My friend in Merseyside:

Yellow Jim said:
Wednesday 2nd March
Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Gillette NEW #88 - Shark Super Stainless (2) - Bulldog Post Shave Balm - Aqua Velva AS

Shaving doesn't get any better than this.
I'm afraid it does.
And those of you who were prudent enough to join the Provence Sante group buy, will soon find out why... ;)

Today's shave:
Merkur 34G & Wilkinson > Simpsons Chubby 2 two band Super & Provence Sante > Mennen Skin Bracer after shave > Fitjar Neroli after shave cream

SOTD_05Mar.jpg

N_Architect said:
@ My friend in Merseyside:

Yellow Jim said:
Wednesday 2nd March
Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Gillette NEW #88 - Shark Super Stainless (2) - Bulldog Post Shave Balm - Aqua Velva AS

Shaving doesn't get any better than this.
I'm afraid it does.
And those of you who were prudent enough to join the Provence Sante group buy, will soon find out why... ;)

Speaking of which, see the acquisitions thread. ;)

Saturday 5th March

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette Bleue (2?) - Speick AS

The planets all aligned today and made for a fantastic shave. I don't know what it was but everything seemed effortless. I'd not shaved for a few days so maybe that contributed, perhaps it's good to give my face a few days off from time to time.

Saturday

//Semogue 830//Muhle R41 OC + Voskhod (2)//Gillette Fusion Proglide (head)//Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap//Spieck A/S//L'Occitane Cade A/S Balm//

IMG_0867 by Madhighlander99, on Flickr

I am prone to getting a few spots on the back of my head and when using the DE to shave it it just slices them off which leads to some bleeding.I bought the proglide yesterday and what a difference it made,it just glided :lol: over them and no bleeders.It looks like i am back on the carts,head only though. ;)

Mark

Re: Saturday

N_Architect said:
@ Ian: Never mind Ian, DE is more than good enough most of times, ain't it?

Yes it is.

The contrast between the shave that I had yesterday (Merkur 38C) and today was just amazing.

Ian

Saturday: (I usually have a break at the weekend so this is a first for me for a long time)

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blade (New blade from Shaving shack).
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (wild Rose)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Geo F Trumper Coral Shaving Skin Food

After two weeks using the Derby blade and my first two weeks using a DE razor I opted to change the blade and try a Israeli blade (I got a selection pack from shaving shack).

Oh my its makes a difference, a big difference in the feel after the shave is done, even a compliment from the wife. :shock: :D

I am going to be as fair to these blades as I was with the Derby's, use this small pack to the end and than I may well swap over to the Gillette (yellow box) and see how they fair. :shave

After which its either onto another type of blade or I should have found one I like and stick to that one (in theory). Not going to try the fether blades I have for a little while until I feel ready for these ninja sharp blades (according to reputation).

Off to cook brunch for me and the wife.

Saturday, 03-05-11. MUSIC: Billie Holiday_LP More than You know.

billieholiday3.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Astra blue #1 - Pre JASÖN - Martin de Candre - Alumbre - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 + ASL Royal Copenhagen Musk.

Afeitado05-03-11-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom