Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Men-u pure bristle brush
Boots Cool Cologne Cream
Merkur 33
Crystal IP(2)
Nivea ASB
BS Kristna EdC

Got a bit carried away in the process this morning. 2 x WTG and then 2 x XTG [L->R, R->L] to give a real smooth result, a comfortable shave, no irritation or weepers - and all done within 20 minutes :eek: . Felt like a DFS and a great start to the day. :D

Thursday:

Ball-end Tech
Treet Platinum
BS Maca Root
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

My first shave with the newly acquired Tech - it felt strange and almost toy-like at first as it is so light (aluminium handle and bottom plate). It was fun to use, and I found it a nimble and quite efficient tool, although I needed a 4th pass on the neck/jawline to achieve satisfactory smoothness.

Jos

Loccitane Face Wash
Fitjar Citrus Kick Cream
NF2221 Brush
Sanguine X-20D with superthin blade(from tazz)
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Tazz sent me this shavette to try and apart from a couple of nicks was very impressed with it.
Think i will keep using this to get my technique right before properly using straights.
Very smooth shave.

scottymac said:
Loccitane Face Wash
Fitjar Citrus Kick Cream
NF2221 Brush
Sanguine X-20D with superthin blade(from tazz)
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB
Scotty, do you find this balm a bit sticky after application?
Was my first time using it today and I'm wondering if it's this or if it's the shave cream I used that does not leave my face quite silky smooth as with other combos.
Or, perhaps, I applied too much (although I don't think so).

Thursday

Mekur Futur
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Alum
Bulldog asb
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Both the Burt's Bees and the Bulldog asb's both have lemon and pine in their scent, a nice match for the Blenheim. I sold my bottle of BB a while ago, but I still have a bit left in a sample bottle. Very nice.

Ian

NA wrote
Scotty, do you find this balm a bit sticky after application?
Was my first time using it today and I'm wondering if it's this or if it's the shave cream I used that does not leave my face quite silky smooth as with other combos.
Or, perhaps, I applied too much (although I don't think so).

NA I have not found it sticky although i have only been using it with the Fitjar shaving Creams,also i do not use a lot of it.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
Kirby/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

Got the Kirby out this morning. This one's the latest acquisition that Max found for me, and I figured I should try it before sending it to a buddy for a test drive. Turns out this particular Kirby has a little more bite than the one I've used in the past. Heh, matter of fact, I even managed to give myself a nice little divot on my chin. Yeah, my fault entirely for not paying closer attention. Hubris can be a bad thing..........heh.

Still, a nice shave today, even though it was bit more 'colorful' than usual.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Kirby recent 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 52
Thursday, 03-10-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - AS Gel JASÖN 6 in 1 + ASL Spark.

Afeitado10-03-11001-1.jpg

Thought I'd poster earlier but obviously didnt....musnt have hit submit!

Hot Shower
Men U brush and creme
EJ DE 89
Derby Blade
Essentials asb
Forest Fresh asl

First time with a Derby blade and it seemed to not glide aswell as the only other type I have used (Boots personna? blade). However the shave was good couple of blood spots on neck but these were dealth with by my newly aquired styptic and some talc (thanks BS!). So with good aftercare which I should have been doing years ago, it was a feel good experience and I'm more than happy.

Quick comment on the Forest Fresh which I used for the first time. For a cheap price (£2.49!) this is a great value scent for day to day use.

One overall happy shaver today. :shave

N_Architect said:
Very nice razor there, Mikael.

Thank you Konstantinos! It´s a very competent shaver aswell, I do need to sell some razors now though, this one and my three Crosses razor was no joke price wise. This weekend I´ll put up a major load of blades for sale.

Hot Shower
Proraso Pre & Post (I absolutely love this stuff)
EJ DE89 with Derby Blade
Semogue 1305
EJ Sea Buckthorn Cream
Alum
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS
KOS ASB

Thought i would try the Derby blades again and i must had got a beauty. Gave an outstanding shave and so smooth with no irritation. Hopefully the next blade is the same.

Agree with Jack Force, the Forest Fresh AS is a lovely scent at a bargain price.

Thursday

Bath

Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Voskhod (1)
T&H Wellington Super Badger Brush
T&H 1805 Cream
WTG - XTG - XTG - ATG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent
Trumpers West Indian Limes Skin Food - Sample

What a nice smooth blade. It's given me perhaps my smoothest shave to date. Yup It's now my favourite just inching out the Gillette Super Thins.

Feel another hoarding session coming on :eek:

TTFN. . .

MWF Hand Soap,
St.James of London Founders Reserve SC,
Simpson Colonel,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
St.James of London Founders Reserve EdT.

SOTDMar10th2011.jpg

That Cedarwood and Clarysage is heady stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom