Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 5th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday
Calani Simply soap SS/Merkur 33C with Astra/Semogue SOC finest badger/Weleda Balsam
P1160529.jpg

Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
NF Silvertip
White Proraso Soap
Merkur HD + red IP (2)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes, smooth. firs time with this soap and it lathered like champ. very pleased. :D

Tuesday

Kent T4
Monsavon Bol a Raser
6/8 Le Grelot 3/4 to full hollow
Roger & Gallet L'Homme After Shave Balm

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 26
Tuesday

5/8 J Gleave & Sons
Arko stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Witch Hazel
Gillette Series Intense Cooling AS Balm
Floid Blue AS

3/8/2011

Razor: Henn 5/8 Solingen (Grandfather in laws razor)
Brush: Boar Omega 22mm
AS: Clubman: Lilac Vegitol
Alum Block (fingertips only)
Cup: large green coffee mug
Soap: Old Spice Original (India)

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 24
Pre - hot shower
Soap - Dr Harris almond
Brush - SOC 2 band
Razor - Mergress
Blade - 7 o'clock yellow
ASB - The Village Barber (tester)
AS - Thayers super medicated hazel

2 pass and touch up as running late for work. The SOC is a wonderful brush and makes lather effortlessly :D

simmo3801 said:
Pre - hot shower
Soap - Dr Harris almond
Brush - SOC 2 band
Razor - Mergress
Blade - 7 o'clock yellow
ASB - The Village Barber (tester)
AS - Thayers super medicated hazel

2 pass and touch up as running late for work. The SOC is a wonderful brush and makes lather effortlessly :D
The SOC in finest badger is amazing.Mr Gomes really knows how to make great brushes.

Wednesday:

(Bit of a cheat, I shaved late Tuesday night as I had to start work this morning at 0400)

T+H pre shave oil
T+H luxury hard soap
Edwin Jagger black badger
Edwin Jagger DE87, Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
Alum
Barbershop bay rum

Nice, makes a change to go to bed clean shaven. The cat liked the smell and kept sniffing my face as I drifted off.

Still presentable this morning.

Wednesday

Gillette Aristocrat & Wilkinson Sword > Vulfix 404 & Tabula Rasa Koriander and Bergamott > Mennen > Classic Male Grooming balm > Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

SOTD_09Mar.jpg

Wednesday

Merkur 38C
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
Alum
Bulldog asb

Picked up the Bulldog asb from Boots. It's quite similar to the Burts Bees balm that I have been using. Similar scent and feel, but not quite as greasy.

Ian

A warm breeze passes through the open window ... Hey … Its got to be Pirates Day!!!

Now here is proof you can get to the deep bottom of Nanny's Herby One tub (had to be careful with that sentence). Fun to load up any brush in a deep bowl or what has become my favorite – face lathering. I stated with every intent NOT to save or be frugal with this wonderful soap. It’s that much fun to lather. Why you ask? To make this the bowl for my travel kit “ya son of a biscuit eater”!! I’ll see how long it lasts.

Alibi: Gave some samples away and filled a covered jar I got in an antique store. Don’t forget to load that brush though, don’t be so stingy with it. I got plenty of time to trade for a Pirates Brush or maybe even a Pirates Razor. I found the bowl in an abandon shopping cart at a Fred Myers store parking lot; somehow forgotten to be loaded into the trunk. I wonder what they were going to use it for?

All the best from the Northwest. R/Robert

PS: Talk Like a Pirate Day in Seattle is around the 19th of September. Sorry, just a bit early. Must be the heat ….

Attachments

• Pirates Day SOTD.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom