Feather AS-D1
Iridium Super (1)
NF HMB 2221
Martin de Candre
WTG - ATG - ATG + touch ups
Superdrug WH
Castle Forbes Cedar & Sandalwood Balm
Trumper GFT Cologne

Very nice smooth shave. Do like the Iridiums, rate them alongside the Voskhods and Feathers for sharpness and smoothness of shave. Gonna try the Iridium in "Michelle" tomorrow as she has been left sitting on the shelf since I got the AS-D1 :eek:

TTFN. . .

PS. Come on you Blues!!!

Bath
Kerrang Radio

EJ DE89
Astra (4)
Men U Brush
Ingrams
One Planet balm
Jovan

Three passes and a head shave. Only one word for it- Excellent!

Right, time to walk the hound

Monday: - (Last day of the bank holiday, Booo!)

The Music - ACDC

The Shave

Hot towl
Gillette Slim Adjustable (Setting 4)
Feather double edge razor blade (new)
Simpsons Beaufort B1 Shaving Brush
Palmolive Shaving cream
Proraso Pre/post shave cream
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers Skin Food (Sandalwood)
Brut Aftershave (In memory of Sir Henry Cooper)

Bit of a treat day as I took my time to enjoy the shave.

A simple two pass (WTG & XTG) with a small touch up to my chin area.

A very nice shave and I should think many of us had a bottle of brut in the back of the cupboard that was given to you at Christmas at some time. In honour of the late Sir Henry Cooper, I opted to use it today.

Have a good day gentleman.

Monday, 05-02-11. MUSIC: Graham Parker & The Rumor_LP_You can't be too strong. An introduction.

graham-parker--the-rumour-you-cant-be-too-strong.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Gillette Fat Boy 1959 - 7 O'clock Super Platinum #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - COATE'S Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - AsL TOBS Bay Rum.

Afeitado02-05-11.jpg

Monday,

Well been away since last thursday but forgot my shaving stuff :oops:

Anyway 5 days growth and have been gagging to get home for a shave

1305 Brush
Kropp Straight
Propsaro pre/after shave cream
Prpsaro Shave Cream
Alum block

Pre shave cream followed by Hot towel.
Lathered up 2 passes one WTG the second XTG, tried touching up on the chin
Only second outting for the straight and a fair length break left with BBS cheeks and neck, chin a little rough and only 1 small nick near my ear
Overall an excellent shave, and well deserved after 5 days in a tent down Port Eynon with 2 kids and a scream wife :D

Pretty much the same as usual:-

Prep:- Warm shower

Music:- AC/DC

Soap:- MWF

Brush:- Men-U

Razor:- Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar

Blade:- Derby Extra

Post Shave:- Original Source A/S balm.

I dusted off my first DE razor, I did not realize what a lovely tool it is to use! No scraping, scratching, irritation or nicks but it still manages a really close shave! :D

It was not quite perfect though, I over did it with the A/S balm and ended up with a very white face!

As I only have a small collection my shave this evening was the same as usual 'cept for a different blade

warm face with hot flannel
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shave cream
Wilkinsons bristle brush
Gillette SuperSpeed (1966)
Dorco ST301 blade

The Real Shaving Co ASB.

All in all a DFS

Razor: Henckels Friodur 17
Strop: Ambrose Cordovan (25/60)
Brush: KimSon silvertip, buffalo horn
Lather: Da Bomb, Al's shaving cream, "Palermo"
AS: Al's shaving cream, "Palermo" ASB
EdT: Floris Limes
Summary: Another great day, Da bomb is arrived to my home, and I really want to give it a try and know if my expectations are or not confirmed.....The scent is fresh, vegetal (green tea, eucaliptos, lime,...) ideal for the warmer summer in Spain. I'm surprised with the perfomance, only a little amount of cream and the brush start to make lather as a beast,.....few drops and it exploits on dense, creamy and nice lather...with this stuff I want to shave....The Henckels 17 is a good razor, it gives me a good BBS, but I cutted a little spot,...and this is the only negative point. The balm is thick, as a cream, not the best for my skin, but the scent is great and it's a good moisturizer.
Picture:
P5023107.jpg

Monday:

EJ de87
Treet Platinum
Vulfix 404 bodger
Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood cream (sample)
Bulldog asb

Been away for a couple of days for a big family do up North. This morning's shave took place in the sun-drenched bathroom of a lovely Georgian-era B&B in the North Yorkshire countryside near Ripon :) .

The 404 felt a bit rough as I've been spoilt by my New Forest brush recently, but the C&E sandalwood cream smelt blissful - two quick passes and a mighty fine shave :D .

Monday

5/8 Taylor's Easy Shaver
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm
Cella Cologne

Wasn't 100% happy with the edge/sharpness of this razor last week after my initial honing, so repeated the taped-up latter stages of the Unicott method again and came up trumps this time. Sharp as buggery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom