Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mysore Sandalwood soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Barbus Herba, is it a soap is it a cream?
Simpsons Duke 3 Best Badger
Alum
Propolis
T.O.B.S Sandalwood Cologne

Very clean smooth shave two pass shave using the Barbus Herba is it cream is it soap? great lather from this soap cream kind of hybrid, the third shave with the Feather, I have heard people describing it as being to aggressive when used with a Feather blade don't see it myself perfectly smooth, I really enjoyed shaving with this razor.

Thefeatherrazor007.jpg

Re: Shave of the day W/C Saturday April 30 2011

Saturday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip
  • Czech & Speake #88 soap
  • D R Harris Pink aftershave
  • Czech & Speake #88 cologne[/list:u]

No football today. Non-league season for my club has finished. We have been relegated, and landed with a very hefty VAT bill. Looks like I'll be finding something else to fill my Saturday afternoons next season. Might even go back to watching Ice Hockey or Rugby.

Hey ho.

Now I'm off to give the car a wash and head off to the climbing gym for a couple of hours.

Enjoy.

That C&S 88 is still proving to be a complete merry-go-round for me, have had numerous cologne samples of this and the shave soap. When i have it, it starts ok then descends to meh. But give it a couple of weeks after its run out and i bloody want to get some more. :? :twisted:

Should have kept the blimming soap though :roll:

Saturday

Merkur Futur (#6)
Shark blade
Arko soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Simple for Men AS Balm
Indian Old Spice

Saturday (I just got up and had a shave on auto pilot) :lol:

The Music - Meatloaf

The Shave

Hot towl
Gillette Super Speed
Gillette 7 O' Clock double razor blade (Yellow box)
Vulfix 404 Brush (Boar/badger mix)
Nanny's silly Soap (Arabian Nights Softer Soap)
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers Skin Food (Sandalwood)
Pinaud's Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave

Just a simple two pass shave (WTG & XTG) left me feeling fresh and realised I just got up and shaved today without thinking it was the weekend.

I am not sure over the 404 brush and Monday I will give it a spin with a hard soap but still not got used to it, however it is a new brush.

The Nanny's soap was again a lovely experimental buy and I honestly could not place the scent as in to describe it, but it is very nice to me and is very exotic which is different to my normal tastes and the pinaud's aftershave finished off the shave very nicely.

Good start to the day.

SATURDAY
Revisited the feather today

Gillette hd500
feather
mama bears aged spice
old spice after shave splash
new forest brush

Great blade just a shame i dont get on with them for everyday use..

Saturday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Astor Simpson
Razor: Klas Törnblom
Soap: Provence Sante
AS: ROMA
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Mr very, very clean :D
Borderline Uberclean :lol:
005800x580.jpg

Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Perma-sharp
Brush: shavemac silvertip
Lather: RazWar Classical shaving soap + RazWar All Natural Shaving cream
AS: Old Spice Whitewater
EdT: Polo Blue
Summary: A simple Saturday, because DE shave is so easy and it's a great choice for a comfortable and simple shave. I loose my ritual of stropping, and the feeling of straight but some variations are good, this way my blades don't become rusty...lol...The RazWar cream and soap works very well, well done for a brand that's known by its cartridge razors. The aftershave is the fresh final for this close and smooth shave. I have neglected Polo Blue but seldom I like to wear its marine fragrance.
Picture:
P4303091.jpg

Saturday, 30-04-11. MUSIC: Herman Brood and his Wild Romance_LP_Go Nutz.

R-150-2478579-1286279712.jpeg

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Semogue 2000 - Merkur 37C Slant - 7 O'clock Super Platinum #1 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Wilkinson stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Afeitado30-04-11002.jpg

Saturday, 30.Abr.2011

Totalshave shaving oil
Semogue 1530 mixed boar & badger
Top Secret lanolized shaving cream
German Gillette Tech 1961
Personna Continente
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Bálsamo Nívea replenishing + 444

SOTD_20110430.jpg

Today, a thematic shave with my first traditional shaving set. A kind of return to the origins. Starting with the Irish Totalshave shaving oil, a product that was perhaps my first traditional shave product. The use of shaving oils in very ancient, it was used by the ancient Egyptians and Romans. But nowadays, I use this as a pre-shaving oil.
The vintage Semogue mixed brush, my first brush in years, has plenty of backbone but it is too scratchy for my taste; it has a reserved placed in my closet, because I don't took it from there too often... :lol: The cream was Top Secret, a Portuguese shaving cream with lanolin, excellent as always. ;)
The German Gillette Tech was my first safety razor ever. I didn't have used it since ages, and almost forgotten how smooth and comfortable it is. The blade was a generic Personna from a local supermarket.
The Nivea balm has a scent that I don't like very much, and gives me a light burning sensation, but mixed with a little 444 it goes a lot better.

Saturday

Simpson Chubby 2 In Best
Mergress
Iridium Super
Nanny's Spearmint Soft Shaving Soap Sample
Floid Blue A/S

A great ,comfotable and close shave with the mergress and iridium combo and the spearmint soap is superb. :D

Mark

EJ DE89
Astra (3)
Men U Brush
TOBS Sandalwood (face)
RSC (head)
One Planet
Gucci Sport EDT

Nice head and face shave, cant get a great sandalwood smell from the TOBS version but still produced the goods.

Saturday

White proraso pre/post
NF silvertip (2211)
Formula 31 lime cream/soap
Muhle R41 +GST (3)
Natural limes A/S
Natural limes ASB

result: smooth (ish), but no irritation.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Coral SF as prep,
GFT Roses SC,
Simpson Duke 3 in Best,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
Davidoff Cool Water EdT.

No photo today! :( But first shave in what seems like a very long time. Been under the weather with an old bug! :twisted:

Just did one pass today but boy o boy do I feel civilized. Though I'm not quite back on my feet this has made me feel a whole lot better.

Ah life is good. :D

Saturday
Santa Maria La Novella Crema Da Barba/Merkur 33C with Wilkinson/KIM SON VU brush/Art of Shaving Balsam/Acqua Borsari Parma Colonia
P1160821.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom