Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna Stainless Steel (NOS)
vintage Yardley SS
Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice' AS (heh, what can I say....I like this stuff).

I've probably used this vintage Yardley maybe 20 times or so, and I just don't get this soap. The lavender scent's about totally gone, which is not a problem, but the performance isn't anything special to me. Heh, I keep thinking the next time's gonna be better, but that's not the case.

Luckily I didn't pay much for this unused bowl ($1.00 flea market special deal of the day), or else I'd be a little more irritated. Most everyone who's used this soap loves it, so what do I know. Actually, I know there's a bunch of other soaps that I prefer...heh.

Still, the shave was a pleasant one, in large part due to that razor/blade combo. Hell of a good set up and really easy to use.

BBS results,

Martin

Glad you're on the mend Oscar, and a decent shave does tend to make one feel a lot more human under the circumstances, doesn't it?

An old friend used to keep a picture of Clint Eastwood stuck to his bathroom mirror to remind him to shave. Despite my blatant lying in the thread on this subject, I rarely have music on when I shave, but today it was the soundtrack to A Fistful of Dollars. No doubt the Man With No Name would find this set up ridiculously effete:

SOTD300411_4.jpg

Buddel 6/8 in desert ironwood; New Forest 2211 silvertip; soap sample from Artisan (version 5); witch hazel; Chanel Platinum Egoiste cologne.

Just delightful, darlings!

Re: Shave of the day W/C Saturday April 30 2011

Sunday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip
  • Czech & Speake #88 soap[/list:u]

Doddle.

Sunday

Razor: Slim on 6
Blade: 7 o'clock yellow (6)
Brush: ivory tubby 1
Cream: TOBS lemon and lime
Post: a drop of no7 balm mix with a splash of TOBS bay rum.

Nice and close. About 1% away from BBS!

005800x602.jpg

I´m allways surprised by the cushion effect Al´s creams has, similar to Penhaligon´s. The cream in this tube´s close to be a soft soap though and I like it (the samples I´ve tried before has all been soft and fluffy creams :) ).

Yes, I agree with Konstantinos, good work Andy!

there´s many good photos here - Oversaturn, Teiste, Pugh, José and K himself included ... and others too, I´m sorry if I missed someone.

Saturday

Gillette Tech
Personna IP (2)
NF2211
Bluebeards revenge cream
GFT Coral Skin food
GFT Moisturizer

Just an ok Shave

Sunday

Mühle R89
Personna IP (3)
NF2211
Bluebeards revenge cream
Davidoff Cool Water AS
Kiehl's Face Creme

Lovely BBS shave

Arrowhead said:
Buddel 6/8 in desert ironwood; New Forest 2211 silvertip; soap sample from Artisan (version 5); witch hazel; Chanel Platinum Egoiste cologne.

Just delightful, darlings!

Andy, have you tried the AS variants from Chanel? I know they are on the pricey side but man they work a treat. As you'll see, I had one today too.

Sunday

Merkur 34C
Shark SS
Semogue 2015
Speick Stick
Thayers Superhazel
Bleu de Chanel AS
Bleu de Chanel EDT

Quite Magnificent. Been using Arko stick almost exclusively for months. Using the Speick today just reminded me how great these products are. Close comfortable shave, little sting with AS. As good a shave as I've had.

Edit: Thought I'd take a little picture

shave1511.jpg

Sunday, 05-01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Semogue 2000 - Merkur 37C Slant - 7 O'clock Super Platinum #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - La Toja stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Floïd Vigoroso.

Afeitado01-05-11.jpg

Sunday, 1.May.2011

Predopobarba proraso
Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor" boar & badger
D. R. Harris Arlington shaving soap
Mühle R89
Personna Continente
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Emulsión Myrsol

P1030766.jpg

It was the first time that I've tried the D. R. Harris Arlington shaving soap. The scent is marvellous, reminds me of orange blossoms. I love it! The soap produces an incredible quantity of lather, and a very good quality one - almost as good as the Valobra stick. A true winner! :D

Razor: Henckels Friodur 17 1/2
Strop: Ambrose Spanish Horse (25/60)
Brush: New Forest 2201
Lather: Valobra stick
AS: Aqua Velva
EdT: Antidote de Viktor&Rolf
Summary: Today I have a special guest in my SOTD picture, my camera, I have used my old pocket Nikon coolpix to shot the pic that you can see below, not bad for less than 4 megapixels....A quality shave because quality never fails, Henckels, Valobra, New Forest are a good company for an excellent shave as this.
Picture:
DSCN4303.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom