Shave of the day W/C Saturday 30th April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Lion
Surrey SS (pre VDH reforumulation tallow version)
SebaMed AS Balm
The Gentleman's Quarter 'Leatherneck' extrait

Second very nice shave with this blade, which reminds me of the SharpEdge or Iridium.

The soap has lost just about all of whatever scent it mighta had at one time. The performance though......whew momma!

BBS results,

Martin

Friday. 05-06-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Merkur Progress - 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (yellow) #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Valobra shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Afeitado06-05-11-2.jpg

Friday PM

Waitrose pure glycerine soap
Hot flannel
Merkur 34c
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Kent BK2
Provence Santé, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG.

Result: DFS, one old shaving bump which wept a touch.

All change at the moment. Musgo Real out (causes irritation), replaced with an unscented glycerine soap for pre-shave cleansing. Second shave with the PS soap from the group buy, and first with a Shark SS. After swirling damp brush on soap for about 30 seconds, I bowl-lathered and thought I had hit the sweet spot. Lathered my face, then heard an ominous fizzing. Popping bubbles! :eek: Managed a WTG pass as the lather was disappearing, but still slick and very smooth, thanks to a blade that seems to have tamed the Merkur. Just enough lather left in bowl for second pass, but very frothy, so some irritation to be expected. Re-swirled damp brush on soap for about 10 seconds; to my surprise, a bit of working in the lather bowl made enough lather for a third pass. Touch dry, but still slick! :shock:

Conclusions: Provence Santé doesn't need much water. Too much kills it. Also, I love both it and the Shark blade. :shave Compared to the Crystals I used to use, the Shark seems plenty sharp enough , but so smooth and forgiving. :cool:

MWF Hand Soap,
BS Maca Roots SC,
Simpson Colonel,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDMay6th2011.jpg

A nice shave and I'm very impressed with the BS cream.

Friday

Semogue 1305
Superspeed TV Special
Gillette Platinum
P.160 Tipo Morbido Shaving Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum A/S

A great shave as always with the p.160 and a great finish with the barbershop bay rum . :shave

Friday night

Edwin Jagger DE89BA11 : Wilkinson : Semogue 830 : Penhaligons English Fern : Mennen Skin Bracer mixed with Proraso pre/post : Penhaligons English Fern EdT

SOTD_06May.jpg

- The EJ DE Barley handles, weighs, looks and feels much better than any picture can show. A lovely razor.
- The Penhaligons soap appears to be less slick but at the same time more moisturizing than its fellow triple milled competitor from Floris. Still more shaves to come though before any concrete opinions.

Out for a drink in a while... :)

Thursday

D4 Gillette Fatboy
Shark
Kent BK4
MWF
Body Shop Arber AS Balm
Body Shop Arber EDT

Friday

3/8 T. Cadman & Sons Bengall
Tabac soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Lime Sec AS Cologne

Friday Evening:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's ReSyke bespoke shave set
        • * boar brush and Merkur razorhead[/list:u]
          [attachment=0]
          - Sekich Stainless blade
          - Nanny's Grapefruit & Spearmint Frankensoap
          - MICAlum stick
          - Humphreys Citrus witch hazel
          - Professor Blighty's Grapewood ASL[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

... & another cheerily wonderful Nanny & The Professor shaves.
          :hungrig
            • Hoo-hah![/list:u][/list:u]

Attachments

• Resyke Set 004 - Retrofied - B.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom