Shower
Radio 4

EJ DE89
Feather (4)
Men U Brush
Erasmic
One Planet Balm
Jovan

Quick two passes, touch up and a head shave. A cheap shave considering the constituent parts but my, what a shave! Excellent!

Re: Shave of the day W/C Saturday April 30 2011

Friday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 (two band) Super
  • D R Harris Almond shaving soap
  • Aramis 900 cologne[/list:u]

Nice, nice, nice.

Starting to miss some of the old colognes I 'culled' a while ago. I can see a bottle of Caron's Pour Un Homme and Yatagan and Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet in my future.

Oh, and Chanel Antaeus, Knize Ten and D R Harris Mayfair.

Friday, 6.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 730 Silvertip
Martin de Candre
British Aristocrat #66
Personna Red Pack
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Emporio Body Store Affair ASB

P1030787.jpg

"An "Affair" with a British Aristocrat" - too bad is not Pippa Middleton... :(
:D :) :lol: :D :) :lol:

Friday 6th May

Pré de Provence - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - Gillette NEW #88 - Gillette Bleue (2) - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns

First shave with this soap and it seems good, I wasn't sure of the scent from the tin at first but it's nice enough and will probably grow on me. My lather collapsed a little for the second pass but I think that was just user error. My skin was left feeling good afterwards.

Re: Shave of the day W/C Saturday April 30 2011

joe mcclaine said:
Oh, and Chanel Antaeus.....

Hmm.... have not smelled that in a while, must get my self down to Debenhams tomorrow and drown myself in some :)

Friday

Shower
HD500 & Shark SS(5)
Proraso Green & Commodore
Alum
Proraso ASB
Proraso AS

Touch of alum this morning as there was a spot on my cheek :evil: 5 for me is one shave too many with a Shark, 'tache not quite smooth, I was too much in a rush to sort it out, still.......P.O.E.T.S day, and a week off coming up :D

canon said:
I also shaved Mr Mole and he saw red!

ouch that sounds painful, is it ok to diy remove moles with a razor, I always thought that if ya caught one you bled to death,,,,,matlad,,, are you still with us? :eek:

Sounds a good shave apart from the niknik
:shave

I'm still here canon! As I said the alum block soon stopped the flow!

Love the razor in your avatar, are you going to follow Gillette and go for a 5 ( or more ) blades! :lol: :lol: :lol:
file.php

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: DD by Puma
Soap: Barbershop lime
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
When I got this razor I thought the handle felt a little heavy... but it´s in fact a pair of perfectly balanced Maxscales. Soap and AS went well together. Have a great weekend All!!
004800x618.jpg

Bonus pic:
0071280x960.jpg

Friday

Futur 3.5
Laser Ultra #2
Vie Long Pony
Palmolive soap
Alum
OS Whitewater

Well the 1st usage of a horse hair brush and I hope that it has some breaking in to do. An acceptable lather, a bit scrubbier than my boar and smells a bit funky (which will pass)

WOW.

Best. Shave. Ever.

Had a shower, left the top off the wooden bowl of soap, dribbled a few drops of water on it.

Left the brush to soak for a couple of mins in warm water... worked up the soap lather.

First time I've jused a brush, don't think I got as much lather on it from the soap puck as I should have, but made sure I gave a good swirl in a lathering bowl (well, a large cappacino cup!) and worked the lather up. Felt lovely putting it on and made sure I gave a good swirl and paint on my face.

Used the Merkur with an Astra blade, just let the blade rest against my face and used the weight of the razor to shave downwards. Followed the grain and shaved in straight "panels" like all the good youtube vids show :cool:

Re-lathered my face then shaved across the grain, tidied up with a 3rd pass.

Washed face with cool water, splashed some cold water on to close up the pores, patted face dry. Applied Nivea sensitive aftershave balm.

Only 1 slight nick on the neck, used styptic pencil.

Result: Lovely smooth shave all round, only a few spots missed on the moustache area, neck area lovely and smooth.

The other half loves the smell of the sandalwood shaving soap and approved of the smoothness. I've been stroking my face all day haha :lol:

I am a very happy convert to traditional wet shaving with brush and lather!!!!

jfk said:
WOW.

Best. Shave. Ever.

First time I've jused a brush, don't think I got as much lather on it from the soap puck as I should have, but made sure I gave a good swirl in a lathering bowl (well, a large cappacino cup!) and worked the lather up. Felt lovely putting it on and made sure I gave a good swirl and paint on my face.

The other half loves the smell of the sandalwood shaving soap and approved of the smoothness. I've been stroking my face all day haha :lol:

I am a very happy convert to traditional wet shaving with brush and lather!!!!

aaahh! you never forget the first time :D
Sounds like it was good for both of you jfk :)
regards, beejay

Jeltz said:
Mikael that's a nice pussy.

Thank you ... it´s the first time I get complimented for my pussy :eek: She´s crazy though, cute as few, but plain crazy.

Congrats jfk, it´s a sweet feeling!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom