Re: Shave of the day W/C Saturday April 30 2011

Tuesday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Duke 2 (Best)
  • D R Harris Almond soap
  • Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne[/list:u]

Back to work, dagnabbit!

N_Architect said:
No shave this am, as I have a blind date this evening, so I'll shave before I go out.
Good Luck.

Tuesday

Mühle R89
Personna IP (5)
NF Tubby
Bluebeards revenge
Davidoff Cool Water AS
Kiehl's Face Creme

Lovely BBS shave

Mysore sandalwood soap
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette super thin
Simpsons Duke 3 Best Badger
Arko shaving cream
Alum
T.O.B.S sandalwood balm
T.O.B.S sandalwood cologne

Very predictable shave, that's what I aim to achieve, that's when I know i'm shaving on auto pilot, I guess it means i'm getting quite good at this DE thing, enjoyable and very smooth.

Jamie.

002-5-1.jpg

N_Architect said:
Clinique scruffing lotion 2 1/2 : Ole Henriksen 'Nurture Me' moisturizer : Creed Aventus

No shave this am, as I have a blind date this evening, so I'll shave before I go out.

I trust you'll be posting in the Shag of the day thread if it all goes well then K? ;)

Yellow Jim said:
N_Architect said:
Clinique scruffing lotion 2 1/2 : Ole Henriksen 'Nurture Me' moisturizer : Creed Aventus

I trust you'll be posting in the Shag of the day thread if it all goes well then K? ;)

K´s a gentleman and of course he´ll share the joy with his shaving bros :D :lol:

N_Architect said:
cheers Nathan ;)
I brought back to the rotation my R89 recently and what a lovely shaver it is, isn't it?
Yep, I've used a few others, not as many as you, but always prefer the Mühle R89. I'd be interested to compared to a 34 HD.
I also got my R89 by chance. I won it in a Mantic59 competition, I was using a futur before that.

Tuesday

Bath

Cold water, warm lather shave
T&H Pre-shave Oil
Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Iridium Super (2)
T&H/Rooney 1/2 Super Badger Brush
Trumper GFT Cream
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

In a word AWESOME.

Nuff said.

TTFN. . .

Tuesday

Simpson Chubby 2 In Best
Mergress
Red IP
D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
TOBS Victorian Limes A/S
GFT Limes Skin Food

I put a red ip in the mergress tonight to try and tame it a bit,even dialled right down to 0 this razor bites.
:eek:

pugh-the-special-one said:
Very predictable shave, that's what I aim to achieve, that's when I know i'm shaving on auto pilot, I guess it means i'm getting quite good at this DE thing, enjoyable and very smooth.

Jamie.

Hi there,

Yeah, it's nice when things finally come together for consistantly very good shaves. Muscle memory and trial and error both contribute to that sorta results, and now you've got a skill you can effectively use forever. Nice going for getting to this point.

I rarely ever get weepers or red marks, and when that happens it's almost always my own fault. There are however, a couple razors I just can not get along with, and theyre not some of the overly aggressive ones either. No matter how careful I am with these things, there's usually a weeper or two when I'm finished. All the others I use are fine.

Maybe a year ago I was using a razor I was very familiar with (Kirby). Doing the auto pilot thing with no problem and enjoying the shave. Third pass I'd finished going ATG on my right side and was moving the razor over to my left side ( still holding it upside down). Before I had time to react, I'd somehow took two large divots outta my chin (a place I never cut myself). Not slices so much, but divots. I think I must have caught the edge sticking out the razor's end, and that's what dug in so nicely. Heh, got out the My Nik is Sealed (liquid alum stick) and the blood just kept gushing. Took a week for those things to finally pretty much heal up.

Gotta watch out for that tonsorial hubris thing,

Martin

Tuesday

Muehle R89 : Wilkinson : Acca Kappa 1869 (almond/lanolin) : Semogue Owners Club : Floris No. 89 balm : Floris No. 89 Eau de Toilette

SOTD_03May.jpg

- Another very nice shave from the Acca Kappa, face is silky smooth hours later. The No. 89 balm is really good, Floris continue to exceed my expectations.
- The blind date went well, we'll see from now on. The temptations are too many in this city, the place here is 'heaven' if you're single so care needs to be exercised so as not to play with and thus hurt others.
- Public holiday here on Wednesday, Latvian (new) Independence Day (1991) so a bonus 'wake up at your convenience' morning at last... :D

Tuesday, 05-03-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Gillette Fat Boy 1959 - 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (yellow) #2 - Pre Edwin Jagger - TABAC - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - AsB Massimo Dutti - AsL Old Spice.

Afeitado03-05-11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom