Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday:german shave.
shavemac D01 silvertip/Irisch Moos SS/Merkur HD with Wal Mart Wilkinson/Nivea Sensitive ASB
P1090794.jpg

Wednesday, 09-01-10. MUSIC: Weather Report_LP: Heavy Weather.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Tech Black - 7 O'clock yellow #2 - MWF shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL La Toja + ASB La Toja.

Afeitado01-09-10-1.jpg

Wednesday

Ever Ready (1912 head, aluminium handle)
GEM SE blade
Omega cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Wednesday Evening:

• - EJDE89L
      - Lord SuperChrome
      - NF 2201 Urban Ninja
      - Nanny's Rose Geranium
      - Thayers' Rose Witch Hazel
      - Katopu Kolonya Gul Suyu Turkish Rosewater
      - No other ASAnything - none needed with the Nanny's tonight[/list:u][/list:u]

Another fantastic NEW soap from Nanny. I know there was a dialogue about how little rose EO could be put into the soap and how it would be un-noticeably little, but whatever else she put in to boost/reinforce/create a rose-scent is just right! Excellent stuff, producing lather that excels at cushion, slip and after-slip as well as aesthetically pleasing olfactory-wide.

A lovely two & a half pass shave and a leisurely polishing pass. All in all, even having pinked the upper lip (rotten ruddy spams!), tonight's was a shave that LNbS*.
            • * NOTE: Left Nothin' but Smooooooth![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Wednesday Late Night/Thursday Early Morning

Prep Washed face, rubbed in glycerine then hot towel (microwaved)
Razors Bassler 5/8 straight and Futur with Astra for clean-up
Brush Vulfix 2235
Soap Erasmic Shavebowl
Post Alum rub, Aquatonic AS, Gellette ASB

Quite a change in prep, I usually have a hot shower before a shave. Today I had a used glycerine as a preshave and microwaved a hot towel to get it piping hot and yet a shower still beats it hands down. The end result was a very good but a lot of effort was needed to get there.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: C.O.Bigelow
ASB: C.O.Bigelow Red Elixir
Cologne: C.O.Bigelow Red Elixir

SPM_A2818.jpg

Ring knot. 2 min. 4 pass. Dry every pass. Rework.
Shed 1.

Thursday Morning

Hot shower
Proraso pre shave cream
New Forest Superior Badger 2201
MB Lime Ice
39C Slant
Derby (1)
Osma Alum
OS Lime AS

I hadn't shaved since Tuesday evening, so had a bit more beard and I always gets less irritation after a break. The 39C did a great job over three passes, lots of alum and a generous splash of OS lime finished things off a treat.

Thursday

A beautiful day in the Forest. Hope it keeps up. Off to St Ives, Cornwall , tomorrow. Big decisions about what to take.

I was allergic to eShave Almond cream. No problems with Coates - simply superb lather. And a new Swede today gave a very close smooth shave.

9.jpg

Thursday:

Sensor
Simpson Duke 2 Best (Tulip now redundant)
D R Harris Almond soap
Boots Freshwood aftershave
The Hammam Bouquet EDT

Dentist today! Have had a gum-boil for about 5 years caused by a tooth which has cracked below the gum-line. I've been told about 10 times that I could live with it but today I faced the fact that I just don't want to. Booked in for an extraction in a week or two with a hospital referral after that to take the bottom half of the tooth out. If there's too much delay between the two events I could have an abcess to look forward to.

Thursday

M3 (please don't ban me)
GFT Pure Badger brush
Bluebeards Revenge
Coral Skin Food
Moisturiser

Shaved with M3 today as I didn't get a good shave with the slant yesterday and need a good shave today. Rather than start a new blade in new Muhle R89 I used a Mach3. Goot a good shave, but not better than I can get with my trusty Mühle R89.

Thursday

Shower / hot towel over proraso
Palmolive cream NF2201 cappuccino mug
38R / Red Personna (3)
Block osma
Proraso
L 'oreal 24hr hydration
A/S Diesel

Showered, applied new proraso that arrived as i got out of the shower, good timing. Hot towel over the top a couple of times, then re applied proraso while i whipped up the Palmolive in my mug. used a little more cream today and lathered a treat, really quick and easy. 4 passes and some touch up has left me very pleased. The missed spots are getting smaller as i learn where they are. Block osma applied with no stinging just the nice tightening sensation. Applied a small amount of proraso and rubbed well in, very nice cooling feeling. Moisturised and then applied the Diesel.
All in all very satisfied. Still takes me 45mins but that also includes clean up time. Have changed the blade ready for the next outing as at this moment in time i don't want to find out what a blunt blade feels like. :D

Thursday:

Merkur 1904 & Dorco 301 Blade
Simpson's Duke 3 Best Badger
Trumper's Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris' Pink After Shave
Trumper's Spanish Leather Cologne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom