Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday Night:

• - Semogue 2000 with Nanny's EucalypTea Tree
    - (1957 - C1) Gillette Blue Tip slotted with a Treet Dura Sharp
    - Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel
    - Alcolado Glacial AS[/list:u]

... a good shave for a bad day. Very gentle and forgiving to one as disconnected, pre-occupied and ...
        • ...well, let's just leave things there.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Pig Cat said:
Tuesday AM

file.php

:lol:

Is that the PigCat lurking in the background?

Re: Thu 2010-09-02: Birthday shave

N_Architect said:
ESPA mud pre > Black-handled SS > Gillette Platinum > EJ Sandalwood sc > Semogue 1250 > alum > DRH Sandalwood as > Proraso asb

IMG_1316.jpg

Canon EOS 5D II > Sigma 15/2.8 EX DG Fisheye > Manfrotto 190MF4 > Zanussi ZKG2125 'Easyiron'
¡Good job, amazing pic and a lot of imagination! :eek: :shock:

Happy birthday too. :lol:

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: C.O.Bigelow
ASB: C.O.Bigelow Green Elixir
Cologne: C.O.Bigelow Green Elixir

SPM_A2827.jpg

Ring knot. 1min 25. 4 pass. Dry each pass. Rework.

Friday

hot shower then hot towel and trumpers skin food
Gillette fusion gamer (4)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Palmolive creme
Brut AS

Got a little irritated yesterday doing a NS SN pass so today went WTG then XTG, XTG and had a much better shave with only a little irritation left over from yesterday. I quite enjoyed using the skin food but the jurys still out on if it worked and I don't know if I'll replace the sample tub once it's done. The 404 is massively continuing to impress my EJ BBB could be finding it's way onto BST.

Have a great week end all, I've got an interview with a morgage advisor as I may have to move to Shropshire.

Friday

Feather AS-D1 Razor
Gillette Platinum (Swede)
New Forest 2201
Penhaligons English Fern Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Penhaligon's English Fern edt

Decided I fancied a fern day, so had to drop the OS Whitewater as I didn't fancy it clashing with the EF.

Ian

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Mappin and Webb
Brush: New Forest
Soap/cream: Palmolive and Cyril R Slater Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strop: Neil Miller linen/buffallo 30/50
Result: Mr Clean :D

I had two days worth of stubble, but the M&W melted it away, like it was nothing much. I couldn´t tell the difference to a normal shave w one day stubble. Amazing razor!
48240d1283498520-sotd-sun-august-29th-sat-september-4rd-snb13326.jpg

Blyth Spirit said:
* Note to the wider world:~
Nanny's lavender soap is as good as it gets. Everyone should enjoy this stuff and often.

+1
    • ... & not just her Lavender soap either - every scent of Sharon's new formulation, that I've tried, is equally outstanding.
          • ... and I think I've tried all but one (the Herb-B1)![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
Blyth Spirit said:
* Note to the wider world:~
Nanny's lavender soap is as good as it gets. Everyone should enjoy this stuff and often.

+1
    • ... & not just her Lavender soap either - every scent of Sharon's new formulation, that I've tried, is equally outstanding.
          • ... and I think I've tried all but one (the Herb-B1)![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Hmmmm, bit of a mutual admiration society/menage a trois thingy goin on here eh??,,what does this soap do to people :shock:

Me, I stuck to my new La Toja stick/404 mix (after the hot towel)
            Gillette flair/Personna
            Alum
            L'occitaine Cade ASB

La Toja was ok but not 'orgasmic' as with my esteemed shaving colleagues above,,not even mildly exciting,,but pretty good stuff none the less :)
            Back to work now.
            regards, beejay

Friday

Futur #4
Wilkinson Sword german #1
Palmolive cream
Vulfix 2235
Alum
Azzaro PH splash

No irritation but a few blood spots, I think 4 on the future is a smidgeon too high for me.

Vintage open comb Gillette + Super Platinum (4)
404 bodger + BS Maca Root cream
Witch Hazel
Caron Pour Homme EDT

I thought I'd try the razor from a grooming set I inherited for a change to my EJDE89L. DFS was the result. But it went straight back into it's Bakelite box. I prefer the heft of the EJ. I like to rotate blades, brushes, creams, soaps and fragrances but I'm happy to stick with one razor.

Friday

Merkur37c Slant
Feather (2)
GFT pure Badger Brush
Bluebeards revenge
Alum
Coral Skin Food (pre and post)
Moisturiser

DFS-. Much better than my slant shave 2 days ago. I went very light this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom