Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

54_large.jpg
342048.gif

Ummmm the idea is to let the stubble grow over the Bank Holiday weekend, but I've got to work till mid afternoon and need to be just about presentable, so the electric provides me with a just good enough result but a worse shave than a single pass from any of my wet razors.

No pre-shave, no aftershave, no satisfaction, just basic maintenance.

Re: Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28st Aug 2010

Jeltz said:
Saturday

54_large.jpg
342048.gif

Ummmm the idea is to let the stubble grow over the Bank Holiday weekend, but I've got to work till mid afternoon and need to be just about presentable, so the electric provides me with a just good enough result but a worse shave than a single pass from any of my wet razors.

I'll be all-electric for at least a week or so, as I'm not sure that it's possible to wet shave while lying prone in hospital. However, having already met my physio (Katy), it's not all bad news.

Yesterday I may have made a mistake and visited The Gentlemans' Shop. Not that it was anything other than an entirely pleasant experience, with great service, but typically I got carried away and came away with an Acca Kappa 1869 cream, after shave gel (which can be used as a pre-shave as well, apparently, but not at £21.50 for a 125ml tube), and some matching Cologne. Used it this morning, with my Merkur Futur and a Derby blade. The cream is so nice that I was torn between shaving with it or eating it. I opted for the former, but may try the latter as well. It's as thick and sumptuous as Truefitt and Hill's Ultimate Comfort cream, and just as fabulous to shave with. The after shave gel was used as a balm.

Result? Just about the best shaving experience I've ever had. By no means will this be for every day use, due to the cost (although the cream isn't too bad at £12.75 for 200ml), but for a shaving treat, well!!

Regards

Ian

Jeltz said:
Saturday

54_large.jpg
342048.gif

SADIST :lol:

RB73 said:
SADIST :lol:

I'm sure you mean masochist or maybe you meant saddest :mrgreen:

Actually I think you're right I'm sat here with a chin that feels like I could strike a swan vesta on it, thats it until Monday evening when I'm going for an open razor shave or at least that's the current plan.

Saturday

Another budget shave. Body Shop synthetic (£5.50) Very soft tips when dry, but a very firm brush in use. You can face lather with it but it's a bit of a struggle. Used regularly you would soon learn how best to use it. I got decent lather with the palmolive which works really well in the casserole dish. Merkur 38C with Gillette Super Thin as good as usual. And the Tabac balm is great value.

7-5.jpg

Saturday:

Edwin Jagger DE87 + Feather
Simpson Tulip 2 (2 band) Super
Czech & Speake #88 soap
Czech & Speake #88 cologne

Saturday

Prep: Cold water, as is my preferred way.
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge
Brush: Cyril R Salter pure badger (Size 2)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat (Face lathering)
After Shave Balm: Handmade Naturals: Organic calendula & aloe after-shave balm.

SOTD---28th-August-1.jpg

A nice comfortable shave this morning which was no doubt helped by the new blade. I received the Handmade Naturals organic after-shave balm in post this morning and so I had an opportunity to give it a go, fist impressions are very good.

Chris

Saturday lunchtime

Palmolive soap grated into a bowl (face lathered)
New Forest 2201
Pal Golden Injecto-matic
Personna PTFE-coated (2)
D R Harris Marlborough AS

After a long lie-in, the first for some time, decided I only needed a quick tidy up having only shaved last night. The shave wasn't as good as last night's, probably due to my prep not being as thorough and rushing it a bit. Ended up with a bit of redness on my lower neck but it's settled down after about an hour. Like the Marlborough scent a lot.

Saturday

Futur (2)
Astra Platinum (3)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Mama Bear Dublin Tweed Soap
Alum
DR Harris Sandalwood AS.

Saturday

Lord L122 Tech
NOS V3 Gillette Super Silver (4)
Chinese Badger
TBS Macca Root Cream
Old Spice [P&G] AS

The old Lord Tech today, a bit more aggressive than a normal Tech, it worked well with the GSS and macca root cream, a DFS was had.

TTFN

Tony

Saturday

Merkur 33c
Supermax SS (1)
Wilkinson Sword Bristle Brush
Tabac (Bowl) Soap

Brut AS

The Wilky brush is a grand performer when used with a good soap and bowl lathering; much maligned but on its day it works very well. Are they Muhle made?

A rather good shave but I nicked myself on the chin at the very end of my third pass - the dab of talcum powder stopped the claret instantly, amazing stuff.

Not bad at all.
:)

Saturday

Merkur 42 and Merkur blade (#2),

Art of Shaving travel Silvertip and Valobra stick,

Indian alum and Taylor of Bond Street St. James after shave.

A bit of Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera after shave balm [sample] at the end as the skin was pulling a bit (left the alum on for 3-4 minutes).

I'm getting more and more into the world of soaps and face lathering - and love it.

IMG_1051.jpg

Just back from a Hol in Anglesey. Very nice. Avoided a great deal of bad weather that the rest of the country seemed to have.

Saturday

Merkur 39C Slant
Feather
New Forest 2201
Cella
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom