Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28st Aug 2010

Took my inspiration from Fido's recent shaves, and Sir Prize's bathtime wallowings. I can't really compete on either score, but this is quite an exclusive SOTD all the same.

Pre-shave: Long soak in the tub, with a glass of Arran cask strength malt (yes, I've brought September forward by a few days). Scented bathwater courtesy of Radox; no cigar.

Main feature: Best badger by Neo; Buddel 6/8; Nanny's lavender soft soap; Taylor's sandalwood aftershave.

Result: still a Plug-Ugly, but very smooth after the customary two passes and touch-up.

SOTD280810.jpg

It seems a bit autumnal here, and there's an equinoctial gale blowing up, hence the tweedy background and the advancement of the whisky season.

Fido said:
joe mcclaine said:
Saturday:

Edwin Jagger DE87 + Feather
Simpson Tulip 2 (2 band) Super
Czech & Speake #88 soap
Czech & Speake #88 cologne

A+ team!?

:) I like cheap and cheerful some days and other days it's nice to push the boat out a bit.

SirPrize said:
Arrowhead said:
Scented bathwater courtesy of Radox;
Good choice - how I regret the phasing-out of the powder in favour of a sticky fluid.

Get yersen over to carbolic soap . com - they've got really old fashioned bath salts - mustard and what-not.

Saturday morning (late post)
Pre: hot shower
Razor: Wade and Butcher, Finest Indian Steel
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip chubby
Cream/Soap: Lanolizado aka Top Secret and a small piece of Palmolive
AS: Roma
Result: Very very clean

Shave was great today :D , this razor is ultra sharp and shaves like a mad man. I was a little disapointed by the cream though, to thin, but prob. my fault.
47940d1282978862-themed-sotd-sun-august-22nd-sat-august-28th-snb13264.jpg

Saturday

5/8 Air Brand
MWF
Simpsons Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
Gillette Series Intense Cooling AS balm
Tabac AS

First shave since Wednesday, so the hairiest chops in 8 months this morning! The feeling of the straight slicing through it all was a sheer delight :D

Saturday

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201
MWF
EJ mastiff + Astra SP (1)
Thayers with Lemon
Proraso ASB

Not bad. Astra seems to perform better in my merkur HD than the EJ.. Still a DFS with no irritation :shave

Saturday Night:

- Rapira Super stainless blade
- Gillette Aluminium Tech
- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- New Forest Fido's Urban (Hermit) Ninja model
- Thayers' Rose witch hazel
- Kartopu Kolonya's Gul Suyu rosewater
- Urban Hermit's Rose 'n' 'Nilla Vodka ASL

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Vie-Long 04101
Cream: C.O.Bigelow
ASB: C.O.Bigelow Blue Elixir
Cologne: C.O.Bigelow Blue Elixir

SPM_A2768.jpg

Given the loft size this is more suitable for to and fro stroke as well as bowl lathering.

Shake 3x. 1min 4. 4 pass. Dry every pass. Not effective for rotary but to and fro instead due to longer loft. More effective to grasp the bristle from sides and rotary motion if desired.
Shed 4x

Sunday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razors: Garantie + Merkur 26 C (for the head)
Cream: Tabac
AS: Tabac
Strop: Neil Miller linen/buffallo 30/50 and 20 pre on a ROMA 45
Result: Uber clean... I mean it :shave :D

Love this blade. looks like nothing much and has a very ordinary 5/8 width, but she shaves amoung my top ten . Tabac was on it´s toes today, after approx. 30 secs of loading I got out two passes + touch ups on face and two passes on head and enough left over for another pass, but I didn´t need that. Thank God for our soft water and Neil Millers strop and honing skills :D
48016d1283069635-sotd-sun-august-29th-sat-september-4rd-snb13271.jpg

Sunday

Feather AS-D1*
Feather
New Forest 2201
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Tabac a/s**

*The Feather Stainless Razor arrived just before I went off on holiday, so this is the first time that I have tried it. First impressions? It's a nice, fairly mild razor that feels good and secure in the hand and glides across your face.

** It's a bit autumnal, so thought the Tabac would be nice.

Ian

Sunday

I really need to dig my camera out and take a few SOTD photos - often don't have the time, and when i do i tend not to think about it!

Futur (2)
Astra Platinum (4)
New Forest 2201
Irisch Moos Soap
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Witch Hazel
Irisch Moos AS.

A nice comfortable and close 4 pass plus touch up shave today. I do really like the IM range.

Sunday AM

Gillette A3 Superspeed
Super Max SS (2)
Wilkinson Sword Bristle Brush
C&E Sandalwood Soap

Tabac AS

First class. I was not too pleased with the C&E on Friday but the mix was good this morning and it worked very, very well with the Wilky brush whipping up a cracking lather in a bowl. Perhaps I was too sparing when loading it last week? However, I'm still not picking up a discernable scent; it must be too subtle for me, it may come as the soap beds in :? .

Superspeed and Supermax worked well together also!

:shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom