Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 28th August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday
Creed Irish Tweed SS/shavemac D01 silvertip/Merkur Progress with Wilkinson/C&ENomad ASB
P1090788.jpg

N_Architect said:
I had been getting red neck and irritation for half a dozen months since I started DE shaving full time. Then I found out it's all about technique and prep.
I was shaving against the grain in the neck (without knowing) and I was applying lather with the brush too fast and without good prep during/after shower.

I thought many times to go back to my Fusion(s), but never did. For sure I would get an easy shave, no nicks, no irritation, no nothing.
In addition, I was reading all those guys here and there talking about getting irritation and ingrown hairs with cartridge razors and thought "for me it's been the opposite! they can't be right".

Many DE shavers get a BIC occasionally and report fine shaves. True. From what people say in all the boards, it appears that the closeness of shave you can get with a DE razor surpasses that of a cartridge one. Nonetheless, if one is comfortable with the latter, and with Mac food as well, so it'll be!

Are you quitting DE shaving?

Tuesday

EJ Chatsworth
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Duke 3 Best
GFT Coconut Cream
Speick AS

Three days growth dispatched very smoothly. :D

Some really great photo's going into these SOTD threads.

Tuesday evening

Did a good one today, all local obtainable!

• Merkur 34C
    Gillette Bleue (4)
    Monsavon Bol a Raser
    Vulfix boar*
    Alum
    Mennen Mentholated after shave cream
    Aqua Vella[/list:u]

First shave with the Monsavon, so too make sure to get it right I skipped back to the trusty 34C, lovely razor really ;)
    The Monsavon is madness, ok, so I admit being a bit B&B about the price, and tought it was gonna be crap, but pleasantly surprised!
    Lovely lather, nice and creamy, had good fun with it.
    I've been looking for something else on the AS front, but just can't beat AV at +/- 4€ a bottle.

*this I didn't get localy, it was pif'd to me.

Tuesday, 08-31-10.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Merkur Slant - Iridium Super #2 - Pre Proraso - Valobra stick in a puck - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Royal Copenhagen + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado31-08-10.jpg

Tuesday Afternoon:

• - Gillette Adjustable (H3 Slim) set at '5' (first pass) then '4'
      - Gillette Minora Platinum
      - Fido Forest Stealthy Hermit
      - Arko Shave Stick (smushed into a bowl, cuz it was so soft & smushable)
      - Thayers' Rose witch hazel
      - Gul Suyu rosewater from Kartopu Kolonya
      - Old Spice Whitewater AS[/list:u]
        • ... hmm, dat's nice![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: C.O.Bigelow
ASB: C.O.Bigelow Blue Elixir
Cologne: C.O.Bigelow Blue Elixir

SPM_A2808.jpg

Shake 3x. 1min 10. 3 Pass. Thin and dried quickly. Rework all.

Tuesday

5/8 Texol No.5
Tabac stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Alum block
Simple for Men AS balm
Tabac AS

For the first time in 9 months, I dropped my alum block onto my tiled bathroom floor :cry: Fortunately, I only broke the ends and the main body of the block is still intact. They're a bit sharp now though, so I'll have to work hard at smoothing them off a bit...

Tuesday Evening

Futur + Astra Keramik (3)
Fido Finest
TOBS Rose cream
Proraso splash

I've had a bit of a Futur Fest these past few evenings. It's been lovely -- this is a razor that does as it's told.

P.S. Probably saying this for the umpteenth time, but Proraso splash is the business. Buy some!

Tuesday:

Merkur Futur & Dorco 301 Blade
Simpson's Duke 3 Best Badger
Trumper's Coconut Oil Soft Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris' Pink After Shave
Clinique's Post Shave Healer
Trumper's Eau de Quinine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom